the church

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Nope , not a 7th day Adventist. I am a christian.

Yes, I believe in the 6 day creation UN-like most RC's I have witnessed to.
I do regularly pray to someone other than God, right now I've been praying a lot to Mary. So by your definition of the word idolater, I'm an idolater. I just wanted to be honest for you, so you know, that according to what you mean by idolater, I am an idolater. I do pray to Mary, the actual lady, who is now in heaven. "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen." I pray that. I prayed that just now. When I pray to her, I know I'm not praying to God. She's not God. She's the mother of God, but, according to the doctrine of the Trinity, that does not make her God herself. I know that, and she knows that, and the Lord knows that. I know that Mary hears my prayers in exactly the way that the ideal, perfect human mother would hear them. She hears me, who I am, and what I really believe and know and feel, and she loves me exactly the way that my own mother would if she could know absolutely everything about my circumstances. She knows how hard I'm trying and she knows I'm doing my able and intelligent best, no matter what it may look like on the outside.

I hear what you're saying but I don't think I'm committing idolatry at all, the trespass, and I definitely know that if I am committing idolatry, I'm doing it involuntarily, because I don't think for a moment that I'm committing idolatry. Idolater is a homonym, between us, because I would not define idolatry as praying to Mary or to other members of the communion of saints. Basically, since the Roman Catholic Church is so plainly the Lord's Church---they have pictures and statues of Him almost literally everywhere---if that Church is instructing us to become an idolater, then that means Jesus wasn't Who we know He is, and that the Christian faith is a sham.

And I pray to our Father Who art in heaven a lot too, so I pray: Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And I pray that to Him a lot. I think about what I'm saying a lot, because I say it a lot, to Him. God, the Father.

God's Truth

I still don't see a clear answer in there. I don't know why you just don't give a yes or no, or, explain why it can't be a yes or no. That's an option, if you care to explore it. I'm stubborn and fussy but patient.

I don't sin. Now stop harassing me. What are you doing? Tell us all what you are doing. I can imagine...you are doing every thing you always have.

marhig

I do regularly pray to someone other than God, right now I've been praying a lot to Mary. So by your definition of the word idolater, I'm an idolater. I just wanted to be honest for you, so you know, that according to what you mean by idolater, I am an idolater. I do pray to Mary, the actual lady, who is now in heaven. "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen." I pray that. I prayed that just now. When I pray to her, I know I'm not praying to God. She's not God. She's the mother of God, but, according to the doctrine of the Trinity, that does not make her God herself. I know that, and she knows that, and the Lord knows that. I know that Mary hears my prayers in exactly the way that the ideal, perfect human mother would hear them. She hears me, who I am, and what I really believe and know and feel, and she loves me exactly the way that my own mother would if she could know absolutely everything about my circumstances. She knows how hard I'm trying and she knows I'm doing my able and intelligent best, no matter what it may look like on the outside.

I hear what you're saying but I don't think I'm committing idolatry at all, the trespass, and I definitely know that if I am committing idolatry, I'm doing it involuntarily, because I don't think for a moment that I'm committing idolatry. Idolater is a homonym, between us, because I would not define idolatry as praying to Mary or to other members of the communion of saints. Basically, since the Roman Catholic Church is so plainly the Lord's Church---they have pictures and statues of Him almost literally everywhere---if that Church is instructing us to become an idolater, then that means Jesus wasn't Who we know He is, and that the Christian faith is a sham.

And I pray to our Father Who art in heaven a lot too, so I pray: Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And I pray that to Him a lot. I think about what I'm saying a lot, because I say it a lot, to Him. God, the Father.

When they came to Jesus and told him that his mother's and brothers are outside, Jesus replied,

"Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?*And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!*For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother"

Jesus didn't reverence Mary, and Jesus said his family are those who do the will of God. Mary was his fleshly mother, but she's not the spiritual mother of Jesus and she's not the mother of God, God has no mother.

If Mary was the mother of God the desciples and apostles would have worshipped her, but they didn't. And Mary herself said, blessed am I among women. Mary had a humble heart and didn't put herself above anyone, she didn't say blessed am I above women, but that was blessed among them.

You've mentioned the lords prayer, Jesus taught us to pray saying, our father. Because we are to pray to the father, not to Mary.

It's good that you pay to God always, so do I. But God is the only one that we should be praying to, nowhere in the new testament does anyone pray to Mary, or tell us to pray to Mary, but to God only.

marhig

I don't sin. Now stop harassing me. What are you doing? Tell us all what you are doing. I can imagine...you are doing every thing you always have.

With respect, we all sin, all of us have sinned and have come short of God glory (Romans 3) except one, Jesus Christ. But hopefully we are turning from wilfully sinning.

Last edited:

God's Truth

With respect, we all sin, all of us have sinned and have come short of God glory (Romans 3) except one, Jesus Christ. But hopefully we are turning from wilfully sinning.

What don't you get about we cannot continue to sin?

1 John 3:6
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

marhig

How can Jesus perform any kind of judgment if he is dead? (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6)

In that chapter it's speaking about evil men. They are dead to God whilst they live in sin and will remain that way if they don't repent. Jesus wasn't evil, and he's very much alive.

Btw, It also says this in Ecclesiastes 12

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Our spirits go back to God when we leave this dust of the flesh.

marhig

What don't you get about we cannot continue to sin?

1 John 3:6
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.
I absolutely agree, but i believe that's wilful sinning, we are not to continue in sin. But we all sin at times without realising at the time. Then we must ask God for forgiveness. God wants us to pray to him everyday to ask forgiveness for our sins so we do sin. But to be forgiven we must forgive others also.

I believe that we are to turn from sin, and when we know it's wrong to something we should listen to our conscience and not do it.

Jesus doesn't want workers of iniquity, he doesn't know them. He wants us to obey God and turn from sin.

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery that her sins are forgiven, but he clearly said that she was to go sin no more. Our past sins are forgiven when we come to know God through Jesus and repent, and then we are to go sin no more. As I said, I believe that this is wilful sinning.

Paul said this

Hebrews 10

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

God's Truth

I absolutely agree, but i believe that's wilful sinning, we are not to continue in sin. But we all sin at times without realising at the time. Then we must ask God for forgiveness. God wants us to pray to him everyday to ask forgiveness for our sins so we do sin. But to be forgiven we must forgive others also.

I believe that we are to turn from sin, and when we know it's wrong to something we should listen to our conscience and not do it.

Jesus doesn't want workers of iniquity, he doesn't know them. He wants us to obey God and turn from sin.

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery that her sins are forgiven, but he clearly said that she was to go sin no more. Our past sins are forgiven when we come to know God through Jesus and repent, and then we are to go sin no more. As I said, I believe that this is wilful sinning.

Paul said this

Hebrews 10

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The Bible says IF anyone sins we are to confess and repent of those sins.

What kinds of sins are you putting off on me? What kinds of sins do you do all the time that you do not know you are doing? You do not say what the Bible says.
The Bible says IF, but you say always. Why do you have such a problem with my saying what the scriptures say?

marhig

The Bible says IF anyone sins we are to confess and repent of those sins.

What kinds of sins are you putting off on me? What kinds of sins do you do all the time that you do not know you are doing? You do not say what the Bible says.
The Bible says IF, but you say always. Why do you have such a problem with my saying what the scriptures say?
Quote: The Bible says IF anyone sins we are to confess and repent of those sins.

So if you say this (above) doesn't that that mean we sin?

What did Jesus mean when he said, forgive us our trespasses in the lords prayer? And it is a daily prayer.

By sinning I mean, for example I do something wrong, but I don't realise it was wrong until later, then when I realise I go to God and say sorry, and then if I can, I'll put it right, haven't you ever done this? Has anything ever slipped out of your mouth and then you realise after that you shouldn't have said it, and when you realise you then pray and say sorry?

I do sin like this, we all do, although i know that I'm not to go and do something wrong if I know that it's wrong before I do it. That's wilful sinning. And we're not to do it.

God's Truth

Quote: The Bible says IF anyone sins we are to confess and repent of those sins.

So if you say this (above) doesn't that that mean we sin?

What did Jesus mean when he said, forgive us our trespasses in the lords prayer? And it is a daily prayer.

By sinning I mean, for example I do something wrong, but I don't realise it was wrong until later, then when I realise I go to God and say sorry, and then if I can, I'll put it right, haven't you ever done this? Has anything ever slipped out of your mouth and then you realise after that you shouldn't have said it, and when you realise you then pray and say sorry?

I do sin like this, we all do, although i know that I'm not to go and do something wrong if I know that it's wrong before I do it. That's wilful sinning. And we're not to do it.

Just read the foul things many Christians here say. They are proof we do not all sin the same. Regardless, you do NOT speak what the scriptures say. I say I do not sin, but you are quick to say oh yes you do. You say everyone sins all the time, but the Bible says IF we sin.

marhig

Just read the foul things many Christians here say. They are proof we do not all sin the same. Regardless, you do NOT speak what the scriptures say. I say I do not sin, but you are quick to say oh yes you do. You say everyone sins all the time, but the Bible says IF we sin.
Your right, but if we have the spirit in our hearts we are sinning less and less, I don't know your heart, but I know that I'm not perfect, and the only thing that's saving me every day is the holy spirit of God in my heart, and without Jesus is be dead in my sins, because I'd never have known the truth

I read this today. I'm not getting at you, but i believe that we all sin (please read the verses below). I also believe like you it's wrong to sin wilfully. I have seen a few posters here yes. And I think it's wrong to be horrible to people on a personal way.

Religion I don't agree with but God isn't religion he's love. If people say they're of God and treat each other spitefully or nastily then the spirit of God isn't in their heart.

1 John 1

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.*If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us*our*sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

God's Truth

Your right, but if we have the spirit in our hearts we are sinning less and less, I don't know your heart, but I know that I'm not perfect, and the only thing that's saving me every day is the holy spirit of God in my heart, and without Jesus is be dead in my sins, because I'd never have known the truth

I read this today. I'm not getting at you, but i believe that we all sin (please read the verses below). I also believe like you it's wrong to sin wilfully. I have seen a few posters here yes. And I think it's wrong to be horrible to people on a personal way.

Religion I don't agree with but God isn't religion he's love. If people say they're of God and treat each other spitefully or nastily then the spirit of God isn't in their heart.

1 John 1

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.*If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us*our*sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I have explained that scripture on this site many times. Please think about what I have to say carefully.

John was speaking about if we do not admit we have sins---THEN WE WERE NEVER SAVED IN THE FIRST PLACE, because if anyone wants to be saved, they MUST ADMIT THEY ARE A SINNER.

Listen carefully to what John says...he says then the truth is not in you. That means the Holy Spirit is not in you.

marhig

I have explained that scripture on this site many times. Please think about what I have to say carefully.

John was speaking about if we do not admit we have sins---THEN WE WERE NEVER SAVED IN THE FIRST PLACE, because if anyone wants to be saved, they MUST ADMIT THEY ARE A SINNER.

Listen carefully to what John says...he says then the truth is not in you. That means the Holy Spirit is not in you.
Do you really think you never ever sin, do anything wrong,? No bad thoughts, ever, never say say anything wrong nothing ever?

God's Truth

Do you really think you never ever sin, do anything wrong,? No bad thoughts, ever, never say say anything wrong nothing ever?

There you go again, quick to be an accuser instead of dealing with the scripture YOU GAVE AND I commented on.

Now instead of accusing me of sin, comment on what I said about the scripture.

marhig

There you go again, quick to be an accuser instead of dealing with the scripture YOU GAVE AND I commented on.

Now instead of accusing me of sin, comment on what I said about the scripture.
I'm not accusing you. I'm asking to a question, do you ever say something wrong or think wrong thoughts?

I've told you what I believe, I don't believe we are perfect. But I do believe it's wrong to wilfully sin. My heart has completely changed, and the holy spirit is putting my flesh to death, but I'm still in sinful flesh. Satan feeds off the flesh and he will always be trying to get us to sin, but God is stronger, his spirit is guiding us away from sin, but we still have choose we have free will, and we have to deny ourselves. None of us are perfect only Jesus

So, my question is, do you ever think wrong things or say wrong things.... Ever?

God's Truth

I'm not accusing you. I'm asking to a question, do you ever say something wrong or think wrong thoughts?

I've told you what I believe, I don't believe we are perfect. But I do believe it's wrong to wilfully sin. My heart has completely changed, and the holy spirit is putting my flesh to death, but I'm still in sinful flesh. Satan feeds off the flesh and he will always be trying to get us to sin, but God is stronger, his spirit is guiding us away from sin, but we still have choose we have free will, and we have to deny ourselves. None of us are perfect only Jesus

So, my question is, do you ever think wrong things or say wrong things.... Ever?

Answer what I said about the scripture.

marhig

By the way, I don't believe that we are eternally saved, but saved daily from Satan by the spirit. He cleans out our hearts and he's turning is from sin

I believe me must endure till the end of our lives and keep our faith and obey God to be eternally saved

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

GT accuses you of not having the Holy Spirit, and then says you're the accuser, because you ask if GT sins ever.

Good luck with this one.