The Burning of Jerusalem

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 3 KJV
(1) What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

One might expect Paul's answer to be "zero".
But that's not the answer he gives.
Instead he says .....​

(2) Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

And then Paul asks another question .....​

(3) For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

And his answer ....​

(4) God forbid: yea, let God be true .......

Gurucam

If there is burning, then clearly sin was accrued and forgiveness was not available.

If there is burning, then clearly sin was accrued and forgiveness was not available.

If there is burning down (or suffering) anywhere, then clearly sin was accrued and forgiveness was not available . . . and one is simply reaping what one soweth . . . for, indeed, God is not mocked. God is fair and just.

Do not cry and beg, everywhere.

There is no 'forgiveness' of sin or 'forgiveness' of any thing else.

There is only what you soweth is what you reap. There is no begging one's way out of what one soweth.

The act of seeking forgiveness of sin and promoting the idea of forgiveness of sin is a grave deception and a mockery of God:

Galatians: 6 King James Version (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

The Jews did not soweth to Spirit. They rejected the Spirit. The Jews soweth to flesh while supposedly attempting to uphold the ten commandments. Therefore they reap corruption:

Romans: 7 KJV N.T.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

By their own choice, the Jews were not delivered from the law to serve in the 'newness of spirit'. They remained in the law to serve in the flesh.

Notice that in the above, 'the law' is the 'thou shall not covet' commandment.

The Jews soweth to their flesh and reap corruption/destruction? They did not soweth to Spirit and did not reap life everlasting, protection and heaven. Why you might ask? . . . because 'God is not mocked', 'what one soweth, one reaps'.

This is so simple and straightforward.

Clearly many Jews will be willing to pay tens of millions of dollars to God, to get a variance to 'what one soweth, one reap', for themselves . . . this is shades of that foolish movie where people bought million dollar tickets for a place on 'Noah's Ark'

God is not mocked. God is fair and just. And God operates solely, according to 'what one soweth, one reaps.

However Satan will take money for favors and for forgiveness of sin, if he can forgive sin. In fact Satan will take your money if he can fool you into believing that he can forgive sin.

In fact Satan seemed to have built an entire world wide, 'all his treasure on earth', 'money and materially based' institution/empire, simply by fooling people into believing that he can forgive sin.

Money is a thing of man. And Satan do savor the things of man.

Matthew: 16 KJV N.T.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Do not be deceived. God is not mocked. God's justice is anchored absolutely on: what one soweth, one reaps.

'Forgiveness of sin' was a one and done offer which God made to the Jews through Jesus 2000 odd years ago. Since 2000 odd years ago, forgiveness of sin is a totally 'done away with' deal i.e. as far as God is concerned.

Do not waste your time weeping and begging foolishly. Stand up and face the music which you composed, now that it is being played. Do not seek shelter among sheep when you lived like a goat. Be an adult:

Luke: 13 King James Version (KJV)
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Romans 3 KJV
(1) What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

One might expect Paul's answer to be "zero".
But that's not the answer he gives.
Instead he says .....​

(2) Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

And then Paul asks another question .....​

(3) For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

And his answer ....​

(4) God forbid: yea, let God be true .......

This is so wonderful!!!

Praise Gods unfailing faithfulness!!!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
If there is burning down (or suffering) anywhere, then clearly sin was accrued and forgiveness was not available . . . and one is reaping what one soweth . . . for, indeed, God is not mocked. God is fair and just.

There is no 'forgiveness' of sin or 'forgiveness' of any thing else.

There is only what you soweth is what you reap. There is no begging one's way out of what one soweth.

The act of seeking forgiveness of sin and promoting the idea of forgiveness of sin is a grave deception and a mockery of God:

Galatians: 6 King James Version (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

The Jews did not soweth to Spirit. They rejected the Spirit. The Jews soweth to flesh while supposedly attempting to uphold the ten commandments. Therefore they reap corruption:

Romans: 7 KJV N.T.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

By their own choice, the Jews were not delivered from the law to serve in the 'newness of spirit'. They remained in the law to serve in the flesh.

Notice that in the above, 'the law' is the 'thou shall not covet' commandment.

The Jews soweth to their flesh and reap corruption/destruction? They did not soweth to Spirit and did not reap life everlasting, protection and heaven. Why you might ask? . . . because 'God is not mocked', 'what one soweth, one reaps'.

This is so simple and straightforward.

Clearly many Jews will be willing to pay tens of millions of dollars to God, to get a variance to 'what one soweth, one reap', for themselves . . . this is shades of that foolish movie where people bought million dollar tickets for a place on 'Noah's Ark'

God is not mocked. God is fair and just. And God operates solely, according to 'what one soweth, one reaps.

However Satan will take money for favors and for forgiveness of sin, if he can forgive sin. In fact Satan will take your money if he can fool you into believing that he can forgive sin. In fact Satan seemed to have built an entire world wide institution, simply by fooling people into believing that he can forgive sin.

Money is a thing of man. And Satan do savor the things of man.

Matthew: 16 KJV N.T.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Do not be deceived. God is not mocked. God's justice is anchored absolutely on: what one soweth, one reaps.

'Forgiveness of sin' was a one and done offer which God made to the Jews through Jesus 2000 odd years ago. Since 2000 odd years ago, forgiveness of sin is a totally 'done away with' deal i.e. as far as God is concerned.

In Revelation it talks about people that claim to be Jews and are in the Synagogue of Satan. The precise location of the church is now Islamic territories. Be cautious as you accuse the Jews of what you are accusing them. They simply want Israel as it was promised by God to them.

Islam wants conquest of the globe and to make all tongues and people's Muslims that would fight in the name of their false God and Prophet. They claim to be the true Jews.

You are siding with enemies of God by contesting the legitimacy of the Jews.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Lifted out of context.

Taken in context it simply means the Jews who did not believe could not hinder God from saving those who did.

So absolutely Praise God.

I find the context, that Tambora has accurately accentuated, flows through the entire book of Romans which is a love letter to all humanity about God's faithfulness.

However, you are indeed entitled to your opinion.

There is a reason we sing of Jesus as HOPE for the hopeless. ; )

One can read the Bible to negate hope for others and one can bolster the hope of others.

In the father's of faith, I continually read of their plea for fellow humanity. I choose to note their attitude.

Consider Abraham pleading for the people of Lots city. He asked the mercy of God over and over in a way that is clearly heartfelt.

He didn't say... Cook em! He pled for mercy down to a very small number of them being saved on account of the righteousness of a few.

The outcome was clear, but I choose to plea for mercy and let God handle the God stuff, ; )

Deuteronomy 5

"... I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands..."

Failure is amplified 3 to 4 generations, but On account of one righteous person God shows mercy for "a thousand generations"...

Do the math.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Lifted out of context.

Taken in context it simply means the Jews who did not believe could not hinder God from saving those who did.

Indeed . . .

This is the kind of mishandling of the Holy Scriptures that I hate. When one decides to pull verses out of context, the bible can be made to say what any disingenuous person wants it to say.

:mmph:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Indeed . . .

This is the kind of mishandling of the Holy Scriptures that I hate. When one decides to pull verses out of context, the bible can be made to say what any disingenuous person wants it to say.
:mmph:

So all means all when Christ died for all, as it says?
drum.gif

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I find the context, that Tambora has accurately accentuated, flows through the entire book of Romans which is a love letter to all humanity about God's faithfulness.

Wrong . . .

The context of the portion from where Tambora pulled these verses, is divine revelation of the total depravity of all men of all races.

Read the summary in Romans 3:19

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Wrong . . .

The context of the portion from where Tambora pulled these verses, is divine revelation of the total depravity of all men of all races.

Read the summary in Romans 3:19

Say... Isn't "total depravity" the T in TULIP?

Extrabiblical argument again?

# Nice try

# Calvin Cult

https://www.calvinistcorner.com/tulip.htm

Note that you are again infusing extrabiblical theology of St. Augustine and Calvin into your scriptural understanding. Might as well add Joseph Smith and Ellen White to your collection. Why stop at just one human beings writings?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Say... Isn't "total depravity" the T in TULIP?

Extrabiblical argument again?

# Nice try

https://www.calvinistcorner.com/tulip.htm

Note that you are again infusing extrabiblical theology of St. Augustine and Calvin into your scriptural understanding. Might as well add Joseph Smith and Ellen White to your collection. Why stop at just one human beings writings?

". . For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin. 'There is none righteous, no, not one.'"
Paul in Romans 3:9-10 and the preacher who wrote Ecclesiastes 7:20 as well as King David in Psalms 14:1-4; 53:1-3.

So don't give me your "extrabiblical" garbage . . .

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 9:3-4 KJV
(3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
(4) Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

That's quite a resume.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

". . For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin. 'There is none righteous, no, not one.'"
Paul in Romans 3:9-10 and the preacher who wrote Ecclesiastes 7:20 as well as King David in Psalms 14:1-4; 53:1-3.

So don't give me your "extrabiblical" garbage . . .

Look mom...

It's scripture assembled from Calvinist commentary and in the exact notation it was placed.

I can do that too.

Oh, Oh, Oh, I love this game....

Let's try it with the watch tower Bible.... They have lots of verses assembled to back up their theological beliefs.

Deut. 25:11. When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off...."

Your point?

# Yup, Commentary assembled scripture in theological notation still equals.... extra biblical

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Romans 9:3-4 KJV
(3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
(4) Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

That's quite a resume.

Don't you feel a little guilty for posting that scripture? Now Nang is going to have to ask AMR and scour her Calvin Commentary all day just to attemp to refute it.

Rotfl

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lifted out of context.

Nope.
The context is the same as other stories of Israel.
It is not for their sake or for their obedience, because they were disobedient.
GOD does it for His own name's sake.
GOD says I have sworn it and I will do it because I said I would.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't you feel a little guilty for posting that scripture? Now Nang is going to have to ask AMR and scour her Calvin Commentary all day just to attemp to refute it.

Rotfl
She can scramble all she wants to.

Those of us that have eyes to see and ears to hear believe GOD keeps His word.