the abomination of desolation

Zeke

Yet how can this be a reference to anyplace but the only temple scripture teaches us about 1Cor 3:16 where God dwells? Acts 17:24. Which makes all those temple references in the letter symbolic, not literal, just like the other states in the Bible we go through Galatians 4:24. The old man of Romans seven is the only beast we deal with in the kingdom concerning the temple of God, all this time based dogma is egocentric, and temporal, concerning things made with hands of this worlds kingdoms that have no spiritual relevance concerning Christ within Luke 17:20-21, 15:32, like the prodigal you are still dead spiritually if you try and find the meanings any where but within you, that seed that fell from heaven, for no one ascends who hasn't descended from Heaven hid/buried in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Rondonmonson

Why wouldn't the abomination of desolation be the personality? It stands in the holy place of our hearts where God dwells posing as the true identity when it is in fact an imposter, an imitation of the soul. It displaces God and ousts our awareness of our connection to our divinity in favor of a pleasurable foundation that gives us comfort, stability and the illusion of control. We become so attached to it that we can not even conceive of ever doing without it. The result is dependence and bondage when our true nature is infinite freedom and liberation.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I have studied this in Depth. Follow along with my Daniel 9:27 translation via the Hebrew presentation, then lets look at Rev. chapter 13 to see if the two match up, this is astonishing.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

1.) Confirm = gabar 1396 (Hebrew Word) meaning to be strong, to prevail or to act insolently.
2.) Oblation = minchah 4503 (Hebrew) A tribute or an offering
3.) Overspreading = kanaph 3671 (Hebrew) An edge, a Wing or Quarter (of a building) a pinnacle.
4.) Abominations = shiqquwts 8251 (Hebrew) Meaning, Disgusting, Filthy, Idolatrous or AN IDOL !!
5.) Desolate = shamem 8074 (Hebrew) Meaning to Stun, Grown Numb, to Stupefy, or to Devastate !!

So looking at these original Hebrew word Translations, what is this verse (Daniel 9:27) really telling us? Does it match up with other end time events ? Lets delve into it !! Basically this is what I get from verse Daniel 9:27.

Daniel 9:27 The Anti-Christ will FORCE and Agreement (Covenant means agreement) on Israel and others, probably the Muslims. {The ONE WEEK is from Daniels perspective because he knows God is going to end this Age after 7 Years. And he knows in the middle of this 7 years the Anti-Christ will break this agreement and betray all, including Israel. LETS CARRY ON.} He does so Insolently, his agenda Prevails, he forces this deal. Then after 3 1/2 years he stops allowing the Oblation or Tribute, (I think to Jesus, who Israel accepts as their Messiah before the Day of the Lord as it says in Malachi 4:5-6) by Israel unto their God. Then the False Prophet places an IDOL in a Wing or a pinnacle of the TEMPLE and demands all people to worship this IDOL or else they must die. THIS STUNS/SHOCKS OR DEVASTATES Israel, then they heed Jesus' words, they Flee unto the Wilderness where they are protected by God for 1260 Days, because Elijah turned them back to the Messiah (Zechariah 12:10) before the Day of the Lord.

Daniel 9:27 shorter version/interpretation........The Anti-Christ will force a Peace Deal on Israel, in the Middle of this deal he will renege on is deal, and order the False Prophet to place an Image of the Beast (IDOL) in the Temple, and demand all mankind to worship this Image. This Stuns and devastates Israel.

Do further scriptures agree with this account ?

Revelation 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Daniel 9:27, when translated properly, shows the same thing as Revelation 13, people will be made to Worship an Image of the Beast or Perish !!

Amen, we getting these facts straight out of the Bible.

IT MATCHES !!! To a tee !!!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the abomination of desolation

found three times in daniel but the first two are quite telling
you may not find this in your bible

so what is in the holy place now?
the dome of the rock
and
it causes desolation
it is preventing the third temple
put there by the second beast of the apocalypse
the fourth beast of daniel
different from all the rest

here are the clues
what happened to the temple place?

Matthew 24:15New International Version (NIV)

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

Daniel 9:27New International Version (NIV)

27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’[a] In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple[c] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.[d]”[e]

Antiochus IV Epiphanes in 167 BC

the second beast of daniel

here there is a temple to desecrate and this temple was destroyed later by the third beast of daniel, the roman empire

Daniel 11:31New International Version (NIV)

31 “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

the Dome of the Rock by the Umayyad Caliph Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan in 691 AD

the fourth beast of daniel

there is no temple here

only the temple fortress or the holy place and this is the abomination referred to by Jesus

once this premise is established it is easy to show that the last two beasts of daniel are the two beasts of the apocalypse

the niv translation does it better

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I have not been following lately (so I really shouldn't ask)

But has anyone said the abomination of desolation was the Roman army in 70 A.D.?

If not, put me down for that. Thanks.

Ben Masada

I have not been following lately (so I really shouldn't ask)

But has anyone said the abomination of desolation was the Roman army in 70 A.D.?

If not, put me down for that. Thanks.

Okay, so you are down. As I am concerned, the abomination of desolation was the statue of Zeus settled in the Holy of Holies by Antiocus IV just prior to the war of the Maccabees against the Greeks. Since that's gone, my modern opinion of the abomination of desolation is the Muslim temple in the middle of our Temple Mount preventing us from ever rebuilding our own Temple in its former place.

Ben Masada

one thing I can predict
-is-
there will not be a third temple

Since the Levites are planning to bring the sacrifices back with the rebuilding of our Temple, we are better off without rebuilding our Temple. Why? Because, according to Jeremiah 7:22, the Lord never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. In fact, does the Lord delight in burn offerings and sacrifices as much as in obedience to the Lord's command? Surely, obedience is better than sacrifices; compliance than the fat of rams. (I Samuel 15:22)

Ben Masada

Yet how can this be a reference to anyplace but the only temple scripture teaches us about 1Cor 3:16 where God dwells? Acts 17:24. Which makes all those temple references in the letter symbolic, not literal, just like the other states in the Bible we go through Galatians 4:24. The old man of Romans seven is the only beast we deal with in the kingdom concerning the temple of God, all this time based dogma is egocentric, and temporal, concerning things made with hands of this worlds kingdoms that have no spiritual relevance concerning Christ within Luke 17:20-21, 15:32, like the prodigal you are still dead spiritually if you try and find the meanings any where but within you, that seed that fell from heaven, for no one ascends who hasn't descended from Heaven hid/buried in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Just before the foundation of the world, the Lord said, "Let there be light." Since Isaiah said that Israel had
been assigned as light unto the nations (Isaiah 42:6) and Jesus said that the Jews were the light of the world, (Mat. 5:14) it is only obvious that, the "Let there be light" of Genesis 1:3 was the first prophecy for the rising of Israel from the loins of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the near future. Another evidence were the Essenes who referred to Israel as the children of light and to the Gentiles as the children of darkness. Hence, "Let there be light" because the world was in darkness

Zeke

Just before the foundation of the world, the Lord said, "Let there be light." Since Isaiah said that Israel had
been assigned as light unto the nations (Isaiah 42:6) and Jesus said that the Jews were the light of the world, (Mat. 5:14) it is only obvious that, the "Let there be light" of Genesis 1:3 was the first prophecy for the rising of Israel from the loins of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the near future. Another evidence were the Essenes who referred to Israel as the children of light and to the Gentiles as the children of darkness. Hence, "Let there be light" because the world was in darkness

Israel/IS RA EL isn't an ethnic race according to flesh and blood genetics its light, It's a state of being that has no past or future nor does it cling to the shadows and types of the letter that fall to the ground and die when extroverted into secular history Romans 4:16-25 Luke 17:20-21 told in allegory, these people never really existed and are symbolic tales of what takes place within our own Kingdom. The only Kingdom is within you're own conscience where thoughts/seeds germinate into mortal or immortal awareness Galatians 4:24, Phil 2:5-7.

Interplanner

Israel/IS RA EL isn't an ethnic race according to flesh and blood genetics its light, It's a state of being that has no past or future nor does it cling to the shadows and types of the letter that fall to the ground and die when extroverted into secular history Romans 4:16-25 Luke 17:20-21 told in allegory, these people never really existed and are symbolic tales of what takes place within our own Kingdom. The only Kingdom is within you're own conscience where thoughts/seeds germinate into mortal or immortal awareness Galatians 4:24, Phil 2:5-7.

"Never existed"? lol. But the advanced meaning in Christian theology is what matters. Those who have faith in Christ are the Seed of Abraham, for sure. Because He was the Seed. Gal 3.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The abomination that MAKETH desolate, not the abomination that sits in the place that was made desolate.

Words matter.

Details matter.

You can't ignore them just to promote your own scheme and attract a cult following.

please answer the question
-
what do you think is in the holy place now?