test the spirit

popsthebuilder

Philippians 4: 7. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

( Oh....it says to do.....was this St. Paul?)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Thanks for proving you haven't a clue. :chuckle:

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.​

GT has been spewing that 'false doctrine' for a number of years now.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I go against man being seen as the One Creator GOD, and also go against faith alone proponents, and also any doctrine that makes GOD out to be evil, at very least. That is not in any way the limit of the doctrine I go against either.

There's no doubt of that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the firstborn of every creature:
"firstborn"
in the verse quoted is speaking of superior rank/preeminence, not that they were the 1st in sequence born.

We know this by reading all of scripture which gives tells us of GOD's 'firstborn" being labeled as such because of their preeminence.
David, Ephraim, and Israel are all called "firstborn" due to their preeminence, not that they were the 1st in sequence born.

The context of the verse in question gives the same context when read properly.

Colossians 1:15-19 KJV
(15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
(18) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
they have warped interpretation because they don't know the true meaning of Christianity.

Jesus wants all His followers to be a godly witness to the world.

We should be seeking to be a godly witnesses in all our conduct, even in the forums.

You know what, I find you kind of humorous. You try and tell others they don't know what true Christianity is, yet you don't believe ANYTHING the Apostle Paul has to say? The problem being, the Apostle Paul preaches the ONLY Gospel of your salvation in this Dispensation. So, as you can see (If you actually could see anyway) you have a rather interesting dilemma to face.

popsthebuilder

"firstborn"
in the verse quoted is speaking of superior rank/preeminence, not that they were the 1st in sequence born.

We know this by reading all of scripture which gives tells us of GOD's 'firstborn" being labeled as such because of their preeminence.
David, Ephraim, and Israel are all called "firstborn" due to their preeminence, not that they were the 1st in sequence born.

(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(18) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

I think you may be missing the simple fact that first born is still born, as in created or formed or emanated from.

Your conclusion about eminence of course, is correct also; it shows first in a sequence.

The scripture you posted points to the Spirit of GOD and Spirit of life to me.....which are one and the same, as is Christ in a spiritual sense. Surely the Spirit that was within Him that He shone or reflected was the self same Spirit.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How do we test the spirit?

blessings.

One must be living in the Spirit of truth with Christ before one can identify correctly the falsety or truth of any spirit.

Most often one will accept the spirit of another as being of God if it is the same spirit one also believes is of God whether it is or not.

It is impossible to know by the intellectual examination alone.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Compare your heart and life by the standards that Christ lived on earth and has set for you also.

LA

glorydaz

"firstborn"

As if Jesus could be the "firstborn" as Pops must insist, since many people were born before He was. But, he'll attempt it, I'm sure. :chuckle:

glorydaz

The scripture you posted points to the Spirit of GOD and Spirit of life to me.....which are one and the same, as is Christ in a spiritual sense. Surely the Spirit that was within Him that He shone or reflected was the self same Spirit.

Of course it doesn't matter that the Spirit is not even mentioned there. :chew:

glorydaz

What don't you get about tue first born being the first creation which all else was created through? Everything wasnt created by thean Jesus who was also created(first born); but through the Christ and Word OF GOD....The Spirit?

I doubt you'll even consider my view because

Because you're a fool....as the above makes abundantly clear.