Swine Sausage - Sin?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The scripture clearly refutes you in this also because then you went on to say that Yeshua is "the Lamb of God symbolizing Passover for the firstborn", (which post I quoted previously above) when the truth of the matter is right there in the same passage for all to see. There is no lamb at the Seder and Yeshua himself breaks BREAD and tells his disciples that the BREAD is his body:

Mark 14:22
22. And as they did eat, Yeshua took BREAD, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, TAKE, EAT: THIS IS MY BODY.

WHERE IS THE LAMB IF THIS IS THE SEDER? :chuckle:

Jesus died on the afternoon that the Passover animals were killed and then eaten that night.

We know that the law was changed because of the change in priesthood. Jesus has been appointed High Priest after the order of Melchizedek not Aaron.

As High Priest Jesus instituted new Passover symbols for the NT.

Jesus became the Lamb of God for the firstborn.

daqq

Barny ain't in my Bible so I don't care what he wrote. Rules and regulations. Besides, things changed when Jesus Christ came, in case you hadn't heard - :plain:

Yep, things changed alright: no more winking at your carnal lust for the flesh of slain beasts because Yeshua changed all that by his Testimony and proved that the carnal minded doctrines of the Pharisees, Sadduks, and Scribes were erroneous, (and especially concerning slain beasts, sacrifices, and the eating of meats). Even Paul tells you that the winking at your ignorance is over, (Acts 17:24-29, 30, 31) and likewise the Acts council and letter which he accepted, adhered to, and delivered to the congregations which he visited, also clearly warns you not to eat blood, (Acts 15:20, 29). And as already stated previously there is no way to actually drain all of the blood out of a cow, a goat, a lamb, or your apparent favorite, the hog. When you eat their flesh you not only eat the flesh of what was once a living soul but you partake of their soul because the soul resides in the blood; and you surely do eat some of their blood in the meat you consume. Oink, oink, :crackup:

daqq

Jesus died on the afternoon that the Passover animals were killed and then eaten that night.

Now you have opened up the proverbial can of worms, (the never-ending debate over what day this actually is). Your statement is not even in agreement with the passage you quoted from Mark. Here it is in full:

Mark 14:12-22 KJV
12. And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
13. And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.
14. And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
15. And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.
16. And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
17. And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.
18. And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.
19. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?
20. And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.
21. The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
22. And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

According to this rendering, (which may or may not be correct) it is the first day of Unleavened Bread and yet further that day, when EVENING comes, then Yeshua sits down with the twelve for the Seder, (and again there is no mention of lamb but only the bread and wine of Melki-Tzedek). :chuckle:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
When you eat their flesh you not only eat the flesh of what was once a living soul but you partake of their soul because the soul resides in the blood; and you surely do eat some of their blood in the meat you consume. Oink, oink, :crackup:

LOL, but not quite.

You cant strangle fish, or veggies.

By this I know yer a teasin' PJ, jesting aint expedient so I'm just speedin' things up a bit.

I got a laugh outta the oink, oink, bit too. :)

daqq

LOL, but not quite.

You cant strangle fish, or veggies.

By this I know yer a teasin' PJ, jesting aint expedient so I'm just speedin' things up a bit.

I got a laugh outta the oink, oink, bit too. :)

Barnabas implies nearly the same thing, that is, that we should not partake of the nature of the unclean animals. And that truly is what the teachings are more about because we already have a primary commandment in the Ten Words which commands us "Thou shalt not murder-kill", (PERIOD). The commandment says nothing about only pertaining to killing human beings but rather not to murder-kill, period. There are no stipulations given concerning what can and what cannot be killed so when it comes to the physical it logically includes any living soul. And the primary commandment from the Ten is surely not just "supernal" but includes the physical meaning of murder and killing. But "to eat" in the spiritual world implies consuming testimony and doctrine, (just as the brethren that "consumed" the testimony of Cornelius when Peter brought it back and shared it with all). Perhaps this is why Yeshua likens the fowls of the air, (predatory) to the wicked one, the devil, and the Satan, in the three accounts of the Parable of the Sower? The unclean fowls of the air represent the wicked one, the Devil, and the Satan, because of their natures as Barnabas also says. However, I never said anything about strangling, (it is spiritual-supernal in meaning because literal blood is already covered in the Acts 15 statement, for example the swine which were "choked-strangled" in the sea, and in like manner "Asmodeus the worst of demons" was chased back to Egypt and strangled there by Raphael in the NJB version of the book of Tobit). I did however say that I do not believe fish with scales that swarm in schools are living souls, (and therefore were added to the diet of Noah in Genesis 9:2-3). This is why I already suggested to PJ, since all of this can become so complicated, that he should just eat whatever meats that he reads of Yeshua eating in the Gospel accounts, and how can he go wrong with that? But then as soon as you say something like that everyone starts trying to prove that Yeshua ate the same kinds of living creatures that they themselves like to eat. Ah well, guess I'm just ramblin, twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder who you are; flashing tip, spotless blade, sparkling in the midday sun, Raiphan, Remphan, Rhompha! :crackup:

F110612KG03-e1365437185170-635x357.jpg

Shechita

Acts 7:43 (W/H)
43. καὶ ἀνελάβετε τὴν σκηνὴν τοῦ Μολόχ καὶ τὸ ἄστρον τοῦ θεοῦ Ῥομφά, τοὺς τύπους οὓς ἐποιήσατε προσκυνεῖν αὐτοῖς. καὶ μετοικιῶ ὑμᾶς ἐπέκεινα Βαβυλῶνος.

http://biblehub.com/text/acts/7-43.htm

rhompha-rhomphaia.gif

http://biblehub.com/topical/r/rephan.htm
http://biblehub.com/greek/4501a.htm
http://biblehub.com/greek/4501.htm

Last edited:

rstrats

Question: Why did He make the snake?
Answer: To eat the mouse.

Question: Why did He make the mouse?
Answer: To feed the snake.

JonahofAkron

I see, so ya'all simply start legalistic threads so that anyone who responds in a way with which you disagree can be labeled a legalist? Sounds like nothing more than bait and switch tactics people such as yourselves use to corner others they do not agree with and stick a label on their foreheads. How about this: if you want nothing to do with this topic or have nothing to add to such a conversation then why do you not simply go find another thread more suited to your kosher ham sandwhich taste buds? (no, there really is no such thing as a kosher ham sandwich, lol). And who says it is my job to "save" anyone? Do you think that is what you are commissioned to do in your life? You reveal your messiah complex all too flippantly. I do not run around worrying about what others eat but I did respond to a thread about the topic which was started by someone else. Did I start this thread? Are you that blind? Why are you suggesting to me that I should be keeping my thoughts on the topic of this thread to myself? Why are you not castigating the one who started this legalistic thread for doing so in the first place? You seem like you really need the true love of Messiah in your life. How are you going to "save" anyone if you have no love? However, I would not advise going around bragging that you have "saved" anyone if I were you, (the real God is a jealous God). :chuckle:
Nicely put.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now you have opened up the proverbial can of worms, (the never-ending debate over what day this actually is). Your statement is not even in agreement with the passage you quoted from Mark. Here it is in full:

I don't see the disagreement, maybe you can explain.

OCTOBER23

What say ye... Tis a sin to eat oysters, pork, *blood sausage, head cheese etc?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay Verily, it is thus my good fellow.

Eateth it and thou shall fail the test and miss the mark.

daqq

Nicely put.

Hi Jonah, nice to meet you. :)

I don't see the disagreement, maybe you can explain.

Okay, I'll try:

You said "Jesus died on the afternoon that the Passover animals were killed and then eaten that night."

We know that the law was changed because of the change in priesthood. Jesus has been appointed High Priest after the order of Melchizedek not Aaron.

As High Priest Jesus instituted new Passover symbols for the NT.

Jesus became the Lamb of God for the firstborn.

That statement is not true according to the passage from Mark which you quoted from because Mark says that the disciples went to prepare the Passover in the first day of Unleavened Bread "when they killed the Passover". You have said that this is the day in which Yeshua died but that is not the case in Hebrew reckoning, (as far as this account) because the Hebrew day ends at sundown. However the evening is a specific time period which some say even commences as soon as the sun begins its trek downward after midday so evening could mean anytime from midday until sundown. Yet either way we see that when evening had come Yeshua then sits down with the twelve in the Mark passage. This is why I capitalized "evening" in my closing comments of the post below:

Mark 14:12-22 KJV
12. And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
13. And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.
14. And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
15. And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.
16. And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
17. And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.
18. And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.
19. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?
20. And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.
21. The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
22. And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

According to this rendering, (which may or may not be correct) it is the first day of Unleavened Bread and yet further that day, when EVENING comes, then Yeshua sits down with the twelve for the Seder, (and again there is no mention of lamb but only the bread and wine of Melki-Tzedek). :chuckle:

Whether evening here represents the next day or not Yeshua was not crucified in the day wherein they killed the Passover, that is, according to this passage, and as I said, which may or may not be correctly rendered. But I suppose this thread is not the place for that particular never-ending debate. :)