Swarthmore College rape allegations revisited

genuineoriginal

The accusation of rape in the Swarthmore College allegations is a classic "he said"/"she said" situation where the only credibility she has is that we are only hearing her side of the story.

Unfortunately for her, her side of the story makes is seem like she is the one at fault for climbing into bed with a sleeping man that she had been "hooking up" with for three months.

elohiym

...that she had been "hooking up" with for three months.

The author of the article used the phrase "hooking up" to manipulate your thinking, and it not only worked but you are quoting his line. The victim didn't use that phrase in her statement that was quoted.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do you think having a boyfriend makes a woman promiscuous?

I guess one could ask the boyfriend before that one. Or the one before that, or the one before that, or the one before that..

Females will utilize the concept of a relationship just to have a fling with somebody. It's a mechanism to avoid being seen that she's promiscuous. Happens all the time.

Arthur Brain

I guess one could ask the boyfriend before that one. Or the one before that, or the one before that, or the one before that..

Females will utilize the concept of a relationship just to have a fling with somebody. It's a mechanism to avoid being seen that she's promiscuous. Happens all the time.

Then get with a bloke, stay single or shut up then...

:plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why was she alone in a dorm with the raperman ? She knew sex would "happen"

Rape isn't about sex. It's about control and an inner disdain towards women.

Most of the women (that I know) don't believe most men are rapists. Based on the attitude of some on these threads and their bashing of rape victims, they need to be far more skeptical.

There is only one reason victims are bashed: to take the focus off of the rapists.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then get with a bloke, stay single or shut up then...

Did you forget who you are dealing with? Sum/Skybringer/Homeskillet will participate in any and all threads that give him the opportunity to bash women.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

How many women have you raped to know this? Just wondering. Because in this he said/she said, her version doesn't match your claim.

Your claim matches the worst of the feminist agenda. I realize I am stating the obvious.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many women have you raped to know this? Just wondering. Because in this he said/she said, her version doesn't match your claim.

Ask yourself the same question ...

Your claim matches the worst of the feminist agenda. I realize I am stating the obvious.

Oh. It's only feminists who do not wish to be raped. Thank you for clarifying.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

It's funny how you think that applies to all rapists, or even most of them really. Feminism always has a stupid way of making it about some hatred for women. Isn't being raped a perceived victimization in itself? And yet, you still have to take it one step further.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
What is your argument that she was not raped?

1. My comments should be understood in the context of the story that OkDozer cited.

2. The behaviors of the alleged assailant after the fact, to my mind, are insufficient to establish what actually happened the night thereof.

3. I had in mind the direct quotes. Are they true or not? Did she or did she not permit him to lie in her bed? Did she or did she not lie in her bed with him? Did she or did she not put up no resistance when, despite saying no, he instigated sexual intercourse? Did she or did she not "let him finish" because she was too tired to do anything about it?

I could be mistaken about the facts of the case, but what are the relevent facts otherwise?

4. Based on the video you posted, and based on what she says and how she talks, if I were a juror, I wouldn't find her a credible witness. Grill her enough, long enough and repeatedly enough, and I have a sneaking suspicion her story would start changing left and right.

genuineoriginal

The author of the article used the phrase "hooking up" to manipulate your thinking, and it not only worked but you are quoting his line. The victim didn't use that phrase in her statement that was quoted.
Sure, lets just call it fornication instead.
What is the Biblical penalty for fornication?