Swarthmore College rape allegations revisited

genuineoriginal

_____
College vacates findings that led to expulsion of student who then sued under Title IX, arguing that handling of sexual misconduct allegations discriminated against men who were accused.

Swarthmore College has vacated the findings of a campus judicial process that led to a lawsuit that charged the college with gender-based discrimination against male students accused of sexual misconduct.

The federal judge in the case then agreed to a joint motion from the college and the student (identified only as John Doe) to dismiss the lawsuit, one of several filed by men under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The suits charge that colleges -- facing intense pressure from female students and the U.S. Education Department to crack down on sexual assault -- are violating the rights of male students accused of misconduct.
. . .
The joint motion for dismissal said that after the student was expelled and the college president denied his appeal, "additional information became available which both parties believe raises questions about the impartiality of the college judiciary committee panel that heard John’s case. On the basis of this new information, John has requested that the college vacate the panel’s findings and sanction. The college agrees that the new information raises sufficient questions about the fairness of the hearing to warrant vacating the panel’s findings and sanction."
. . .
The former student's lawsuit charged that there were numerous flaws in Swarthmore's handling of the case, including that an investigation first concluded that he had done nothing wrong, but that the finding was reopened after the college was accused by students of failing to properly investigate sexual assault allegations -- and the Education Department launched an inquiry into those charges. The student's expulsion, the suit said, was a result of all the outside attention, and not the merits of the case.
. . .
The lawsuit also said that the charges were brought 19 months after the alleged interaction occurred, that the women who brought the charges admitted to consensual sexual intercourse with the student after the two alleged incidents (which did not involve intercourse), and that the actions against him violated several of the college's rules about timely hearings and due process.
. . .
_____​
It looks like the man in the rape allegation incident was the target of false allegations, which led to him being expelled despite the lack of any evidence of wrongdoing on his part.

bybee

_____
College vacates findings that led to expulsion of student who then sued under Title IX, arguing that handling of sexual misconduct allegations discriminated against men who were accused.

Swarthmore College has vacated the findings of a campus judicial process that led to a lawsuit that charged the college with gender-based discrimination against male students accused of sexual misconduct.

The federal judge in the case then agreed to a joint motion from the college and the student (identified only as John Doe) to dismiss the lawsuit, one of several filed by men under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The suits charge that colleges -- facing intense pressure from female students and the U.S. Education Department to crack down on sexual assault -- are violating the rights of male students accused of misconduct.
. . .
The joint motion for dismissal said that after the student was expelled and the college president denied his appeal, "additional information became available which both parties believe raises questions about the impartiality of the college judiciary committee panel that heard John’s case. On the basis of this new information, John has requested that the college vacate the panel’s findings and sanction. The college agrees that the new information raises sufficient questions about the fairness of the hearing to warrant vacating the panel’s findings and sanction."
. . .
The former student's lawsuit charged that there were numerous flaws in Swarthmore's handling of the case, including that an investigation first concluded that he had done nothing wrong, but that the finding was reopened after the college was accused by students of failing to properly investigate sexual assault allegations -- and the Education Department launched an inquiry into those charges. The student's expulsion, the suit said, was a result of all the outside attention, and not the merits of the case.
. . .
The lawsuit also said that the charges were brought 19 months after the alleged interaction occurred, that the women who brought the charges admitted to consensual sexual intercourse with the student after the two alleged incidents (which did not involve intercourse), and that the actions against him violated several of the college's rules about timely hearings and due process.
. . .
_____​
It looks like the man in the rape allegation incident was the target of false allegations, which led to him being expelled despite the lack of any evidence of wrongdoing on his part.

I do hope the student who made false allegations is made to pay for all the damage she did to this other student?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A good starting place for wanting people to care more about rape is taking false accusations more seriously and not pretend like they don't happen to the extent that they do.

Some women want to be adversarial to men and then, to add insult to injury, act a victim even further when the attention seizes or they are scrutinized. That is sheer lunacy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Apparently she was dressed down to her panties when she lay with her former lover. ever heard of pajamas or sweat pants ? or leaving your CLOTHES ON !!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Yeah, he hasn't come back to defend the allegations he made like this one:

i predict evasion, deflection and redirection:
Did I imagine you once claiming you had been in a fraternity?

:thumb:

good elo!

you get a cookie!

60307442.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, okay then.

Said the feminist agenda in the past. Now, they go to homo marriage to destroy what God has created. And you wonder why I delight (Psalm 58:10) in knowing your fate.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Feminism is the belief that we should treat women special and give them privilege because, well, they are inferior to men (?)..

..while pretending everything they push isn't one myth after another and not just subtle misandry.

A male feminist is just a fool, and a female feminist is possessed by Jezebel.

That's why I don't really care about words like 'misogynist'- just like 'sexist', 'racist', 'bigot' and so on.

They are signal words for idiots and people with ulterior agendas. As soon as they are mentioned in the media, it all just becomes comical to me.

Don't feed these things. It's the whole reason why these girls even get on the media based on an allegation, or why women are ACTUALLY getting away with a proposed solution of 'teaching men to not rape' without being labeled conceited morons.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the authority of an ignorant angry feminist

Things might have been different at Swarthmore had Mama Cass not changed her mind about going there:

"When Cass was a sophomore, planned to go to Swarthmore
But she changed her mind one day.

Standin' on the turnpike, thumb out to hitchhike,
"Take me to New York right away."
When Denny met Cass he gave her love bumps;
Called John and Zal and that was the Mugwumps.
McGuinn and McGuire couldn't get no higher
But that's what they were aimin' at.
And no one's gettin' fat except Mama Cass."

elohiym

Were you in a fraternity, or not? If you were, which fraternity? It's relevant to the thread. I assumed you want to participate in the discussion.

elohiym

Do you think having a boyfriend makes a woman promiscuous?

I guess one could ask the boyfriend before that one. Or the one before that, or the one before that, or the one before that..

Does the following statement mean the author is promiscuous or intends to be promiscuous?

soon as i start dating again, i hope to be seizing and carrying off all sorts of wimmens for my nefarious uses :Shimei:

How many women does he get to do that with before you consider him promiscuous?

Females will utilize the concept of a relationship just to have a fling with somebody.

Thank Allah men don't do that, right?