Swarthmore College rape allegations revisited

elohiym

Traditio said:
OkDoser has repeatedly brought up the Swarthmore case. I have yet to see anyone other than myself address it. I myself am still waiting to hear people like AnnaBenedetti, Rusha, etc. directly address it.

In my view, it simply wasn't a rape.

She was raped. See below. Your view is poorly informed and you should have researched the matter before concluding that a woman wasn't raped based on a discredited article.

Exclusive: The Sexual Assault Survivor George Will Dismissed Responds
While the Philadelphia magazine story clearly documented a serious example of sexual assault (notably, Sendrow specifically stated that she did not consent), Sendrow felt that the magazine took her story and others out of context and omitted key details, "which was exactly what we didn't want to happen." Her assault was "more violent than what [the Philadelphia magazine reporter] wrote. The way he made it seem was very small in comparison." Sendrow added that she received "very threatening" messages from her attacker days after the assault, which the Philadelphia story hadn't included. She had hoped that talking to the media would in part help other survivors by showing they no longer had to be afraid and that their stories couldn't be diminished, and was frustrated when that was "exactly what [Will's column] did."​

She also spoke on television about the trivialization of her rape:

Sexual assault survivor slams George Will column

What is your argument that she was not raped?

elohiym

It's interesting how people wanted to discuss this when they thought she was promiscuous and, in their warped mind, deserved it; but now that it's clear she was actually raped they don't want to discuss it. Not very surprising.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's interesting how people wanted to discuss this when they thought she was promiscuous and, in their warped mind, deserved it; but now that it's clear she was actually raped they don't want to discuss it. Not very surprising.

The story as I read it shows no rape to me, she laid with him.

elohiym

How does that justify being forced to have sex?

If a woman lays down next to you and tells you no when you make a sexual advance, that's rape.

Why else would you threaten her after the event, as the rapist in the story did?

Arthur Brain

No conduit left for pompous self righteous moralising perhaps?

So? If she doesn't want sex and he forces the issue then that's rape regardless.

ClimateSanity

How does that justify being forced to have sex?

If a woman lays down next to you and tells you no when you make a sexual advance, that's rape.

Why else would you threaten her after the event, as the rapist in the story did?
She came to his room and laid on his bed. Those are signals she is ready for sex. If he is asleep and drunk, and finds his girlfriend who he has slept with several times laying almost naked next to him, how seriously can he take the word "no"? After he starts to have sex, and she doesn't protest, he can reasonably think she is ok with it. One more piece of evidence that her "no" wasn't serious is her admittance that "she just let him do it anyway".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No conduit left for pompous self righteous moralising perhaps?

So? If she doesn't want sex and he forces the issue then that's rape regardless.

Just the way the story was written she, the issue wasn't forced, nor the sex. Couple that with the 6 weeks later report and that doesn't appear to be or sound like raperman

elohiym

She came to his room and laid on his bed.

No, that's not what happened. It was her room. He came to her room and laid on her bed.

Those are signals she is ready for sex.

In what culture?

If he is asleep and drunk, and finds his girlfriend who he has slept with several times laying almost naked next to him, how seriously can he take the word "no"?

He can take it seriously enough to stop what he's doing, and he should, of course. How seriously do you think he should have taken the word "no" in that situation?

After he starts to have sex, and she doesn't protest, he can reasonably think she is ok with it.

Why does he get to start to having sex after she says no?

One more piece of evidence that her "no" wasn't serious is her admittance that "she just let him do it anyway".

What was her alternative? Becoming passive is a defense mechanism. Try to imagine a situation where resisting would cause more physical damage; normal consensual sex can be physically damaging to women and sends some to the emergency room. This girl had already been a sexual assault victim so it's not surprising that finding herself in that situation could have made her passive.

elohiym

Just the way the story was written she, the issue wasn't forced, nor the sex.

The story is about a woman who claims she was forced to have sex after she said no. It's not her fault a couple of "journalists" suck at their jobs.

Couple that with the 6 weeks later report and that doesn't appear to be or sound like raperman

The rapist threatened her after the incident and she feared for her safety. When she reported it to an administrator, he showed bias towards the rapist who he knew and did nothing. That administrator has since lost his job.

genuineoriginal

She was raped.

What is your argument that she was not raped?

_____
Replying to Jen Gunther, MD, regarding campus rape and sexual assault

The “preponderance of evidence standard”, Doctor, I’m unsure if you are aware, is merely weighing two mutually exclusive propositions to determine which is more likely to be true. It is far less than the standard of “beyond reasonable doubt” that is necessary to secure a conviction in a criminal case. Now I’m aware of the fact that rape cases are difficult to try, especially if victims do not come forward in a timely manner to report their rape and have a rape kit collected while physical evidence, if any, is still viable.

To lower the standard to mere preponderance allows any woman who regretted her night with a particular guy to suddenly start calling it rape. And feminists have managed to elevate a woman’s claim of rape to be beyond reproach, to be accepted as fact, and you’re a misogynist or a rape apologist if you don’t believe a woman’s rape allegations without question.

As such in the situation relayed above that was quoted by George Will in his article, the question must be asked: how can we know that she was indeed raped, sexually penetrated against explicit denials of consent as claimed, and that she did not just manufacture the story after the fact? We cannot. This is not to say her claim of rape is false, but it is to say we cannot know if it is true. And as the burden of proof for any accusation is on the accuser, we must grant the presumption of innocence.

But when a woman screams rape, even if it doesn’t happen till weeks after the fact, no such presumption is granted. Because to grant that presumption is to be met with waves of screaming feminists demanding you revoke such presumption and accept the accusation of rape outright, regardless of the status of evidence corroborating such an accusation.

Again, Doctor, such allegations, the truth of which notwithstanding, can end careers and ruin lives. And if the accusation is later withdrawn, the damage is still done. And it isn’t just with rape that this is true. False accusations of any heinous nature can do significant damage to a person’s reputation, much of which is likely irreparable. And these accusations will always be levied significantly more against men than women. And they go beyond rape.
_____​

She might have been raped, she might have falsely reported rape.

The world will never know.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's interesting how people wanted to discuss this when they thought she was promiscuous...

you don't think she was promiscuous?

are you retarded?

and, in their warped mind, deserved it; but now that it's clear she was actually raped they don't want to discuss it. Not very surprising.

well, they don't want to discuss it with a retard like you :idunno:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The story is about a woman who claims she was forced to have sex after she said no. It's not her fault a couple of "journalists" suck at their jobs.

The rapist threatened her after the incident and she feared for her safety. When she reported it to an administrator, he showed bias towards the rapist who he knew and did nothing. That administrator has since lost his job.

Why was she alone in a dorm with the raperman ? She knew sex would "happen"

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Women falsely accuse men of rape all the time. They do this to get revenge or to get attention.

There was even a case just like this in which a girl was proven in falsely accusing another of rape on live media and went on to straight up say she was a victim of the media.

They are victims even when they falsely accuse someone.

What a ridiculous mindset, she should be in jail but yet in her mind she's still being victimized. And so long as people like the one's on here consistently choose to not look at the whole picture, and perpetuate a one way bias for women, that mindset is just going to evolve and evolve.

With the girl in the video posted here, she says that instead of telling women to be safe or avoid rape, we should teach men not to sexually assault.
Good luck with that :doh:
This is why the whole thing is stupid.

I told you that it all comes from college hipsters, and there it is. I know what I'm talking about.

But anyway, I'm not getting anymore into this thread, I've had enough of this subject for a while. I'm going to go anger the anti-Calvinists with my Reformed heresy :rapture:

genuineoriginal

With the girl in the video posted here, she says that instead of telling women to be safe or avoid rape, we should teach men not to sexually assault.
I saw the video, and she really said nothing about being raped herself.

She kept mentioning other college students being sexually assaulted and how they must feel.

Did I miss something?

ok doser

I saw the video, and she really said nothing about being raped herself.

She kept mentioning other college students being sexually assaulted and how they must feel.

Did I miss something?

yeah, that kinda ticked me off a bit too - she claimed that Will had it wrong, but didn't really explain why

ok doser

this is why the old definition was better - "against her will" required some evidence that she had been forced

the new definition "without her consent" requires nothing but a claim

it suits the feminists' needs in that there will be an increase in reported rapes

what the morons don't realize is that they're making it harder to get a conviction

which is, of course, why they push for consequences to be meted out to the accused before conviction