SOME PROOF OF CHRIST'S DIETY AND BEING THE CREATOR OF ALL THAT IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who does the scriptures state Jesus is?

John 20:31
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

Are you really ready to deny what scripture states about Jesus?

Are you going to answer the question or continue to tap dance. Is Jesus God, yes or no?

genuineoriginal

Are you going to answer the question or continue to tap dance. Is Jesus God, yes or no?
Read this scripture and tell me what it states.

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

You seem to have a problem with accepting what is written in the scriptures.

Why is that?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read this scripture and tell me what it states.

You seem to have a problem with accepting what is written in the scriptures.

Why is that?

You can't answer a question with a question. Your inability to answer a simple yes or no question defaults to a NO. Don't try to fool yourself you are not a Christian.

Maybe someday you will come to realize what Thomas did.

John 20:26-29 New International Version (NIV)

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

genuineoriginal

You can't answer a question with a question.
When the Pharisees came at Jesus with a question based on a false interpretation of scripture, did He ever answer their question with anything other than another question?

Now quote two verses where Jesus referred to Himself as God instead of referring to Himself as the Son of God.

You can't do it.

Your inability to answer a simple yes or no question defaults to a NO.
That is not true.
I am just being as careful to make the distinction between Jesus and God as Jesus did.

The fact that you think my refusal to answer a misleading question with a simple yes or no shows that you are just rejecting what the scripture clearly states.

If Jesus was careful to make a distinction between Himself and God, why are you not just as careful?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When the Pharisees came at Jesus with a question based on a false interpretation of scripture, did He ever answer their question with anything other than another question?

Now quote two verses where Jesus referred to Himself as God instead of referring to Himself as the Son of God.

You can't do it.

That is not true.
I am just being as careful to make the distinction between Jesus and God as Jesus did.

The fact that you think my refusal to answer a misleading question with a simple yes or no shows that you are just rejecting what the scripture clearly states.

If Jesus was careful to make a distinction between Himself and God, why are you not just as careful?

I know the answer to the question. It is yes. You do not know the answer to the question because you are an unbeliever! I'll give you scripture if you want.

genuineoriginal

I know the answer to the question. It is yes. You do not know the answer to the question because you are an unbeliever! I'll give you scripture if you want.
You falsely accuse me of being an unbeliever because I am careful not to promote a doctrine that scripture does not teach.

What does Jesus state:

John 8:42
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.​

John 8:54
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:​

Are you really going to keep claiming that Jesus just kept lying about who He is?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You falsely accuse me of being an unbeliever because I am careful not to promote a doctrine that scripture does not teach.

What does Jesus state:

John 8:42
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.​

John 8:54
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:​

Are you really going to keep claiming that Jesus just kept lying about who He is?

John 8:58 New International Version (NIV)

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” Ref Exodus 3:14

Mark 14:61-62 New International Version (NIV)

61 But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.

Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Again, the I am statement, interesting eh?

Why do you think they were going to crucify him?

keypurr

Where did you go Keypurr. Did you flutter away since your house of cards has fallen?

Your problem friend is your unability to let go. Your being given Truth and you look away. My house of Cards is not even close to falling. Theology goes very deep, your in shallow waters. If your content with that then stay there. It's not true theology though, kind of like believing in Jack in the beanstock. When you were a child you believed in Santa but as you grow you questioned it. Religion is the same way, most believe in what they learned in their family church. It's time to seek more my friend. Prove that your thoughts are the correct ones, use all the verses to see the content of scripture.

keypurr

Who does the scriptures state Jesus is?

Are you really ready to deny what scripture states about Jesus?

Great post that they do not wish to see my friend.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your problem friend is your unability to let go. Your being given Truth and you look away. My house of Cards is not even close to falling. Theology goes very deep, your in shallow waters. If your content with that then stay there. It's not true theology though, kind of like believing in Jack in the beanstock. When you were a child you believed in Santa but as you grow you questioned it. Religion is the same way, most believe in what they learned in their family church. It's time to seek more my friend. Prove that your thoughts are the correct ones, use all the verses to see the content of scripture.

Sorry Keypurr, the cards are rotting. You have a problem with simple biblical interpretation in that you let your intellectuality get in the way.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well G.O. you have another of your non-believing froiends agreeing with you. See post 49.

genuineoriginal

Mark 14:61-62 New International Version (NIV)

61 But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.

Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Again, the I am statement, interesting eh?

Why do you think they were going to crucify him?
Jesus claimed to be the Messiah?
Messiah (and Christ) translates to "annointed one".
Is God the Father ever called the "annointed one"?

Jesus claimed to be the "Son of the Blessed One".
Who is the "Blessed One" and who is His "Son"?

Jesus claimed that the "Son of Man" would sit at the right hand of the "Mighty One".
Is God the Father ever called the "Son of Man"?
Who is the "Son of Man" and who is the "Mighty One" that the "Son of Man" is sitting next to?

Are you being careful with what the scriptures state, or are you imposing something on them that they do not state?

genuineoriginal

Well G.O. you have another of your non-believing froiends agreeing with you. See post 49.
He is actually agreeing that the scriptures state something other than what you believe.

Since you keep stating that you don't believe what is plainly stated in the scriptures, aren't you the non-believer?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus claimed to be the Messiah?
Messiah (and Christ) translates to "annointed one".
Is God the Father ever called the "annointed one"?

Jesus claimed to be the "Son of the Blessed One".
Who is the "Blessed One" and who is His "Son"?

Jesus claimed that the "Son of Man" would sit at the right hand of the "Mighty One".
Is God the Father ever called the "Son of Man"?
Who is the "Son of Man" and who is the "Mighty One" that the "Son of Man" is sitting next to?

Are you being careful with what the scriptures state, or are you imposing something on them that they do not state?

I tire of dealing with you heretic. But I will not continue with this blasphemous conversation. Thanks for the exchange.

genuineoriginal

I tire of dealing with you heretic. But I will not continue with this blasphemous conversation. Thanks for the exchange.
If I state only what the scriptures state, how is that being blasphemous?
If you state what the scriptures do not state, how can you avoid being blasphemous?

You really have no clue, do you?

keypurr

Sorry Keypurr, the cards are rotting. You have a problem with simple biblical interpretation in that you let your intellectuality get in the way.

In other words, I THINK for myself. Yep, your right I do.

For God so loved the world that he sent his son to take away our sins. God did not send hinself, he sent his son. The son is not God, his Father YHWH is. The son prayed to his God. You are not strong enough to deal with the truth friend. Your just a nice guy who is content to follow the crowd.

genuineoriginal

For God so loved the world that he sent his son to take away our sins. God did not send hinself, he sent his son. The son is not God, his Father YHWH is. The son prayed to his God. You are not strong enough to deal with the truth friend. Your just a nice guy who is content to follow the crowd.

It is amazing to me how quickly some people abandon Sola Scriptura in order to hold to certain traditions and doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church, such as a Sunday sabbath and eating an Easter ham.

keypurr

It is amazing to me how quickly some people abandon Sola Scriptura in order to hold to certain traditions and doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.

Tradition is so hard for most to see as false. It was not easy for me also. But if you seek truth about the God of the Bible one has to completely discard the fables they were taught.

You gave him scripture, you are correct in your understanding of them. They tend to shy away from comflict with tradition.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Tradition is so hard for most to see as false. It was not easy for me also. But if you seek truth about the God of the Bible one has to completely discard the fables they were taught.

You gave him scripture, you are correct in your understanding of them. They tend to shy away from comflict with tradition.

You created a great fable yourself. The one about Christ being a
created entity instead of being a Deity. Fairy tales are your forte.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

He follows the truth. He doesn't follow people like you who
create their own cults.

Status
Not open for further replies.