sin/sins is not the issue today!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have definitely rejected the Christianity that developed after Jesus died.

For the last 30 years I have been quite content that I no longer have to leave my brain behind as a practicing Christian.

As for thinking of myself as "the Grand Historian" I don't see how your claims to being able to read my thoughts should be taken seriously.

I can ONLY see the thoughts coming from your mind and ending up
on type! Are they one of the same or are your thoughts different
than what ends ups on your post? Perhaps, there's some form of
blockage between your thoughts and what ends up being typed?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Of course you couldn't since my so-called dribble contained truths found in the Bible. And here is why you couldn't get through it:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

Well Jerry S looks as if you're wrong again! That's no surprise. Now,
what's those verses you accuse me of running away from?

Jerry Shugart

Well Jerry S looks as if you're wrong again! That's no surprise. Now,
what's those verses you accuse me of running away from?

We can begin with these two:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

These verses directly contradict your idea that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works. And that is the reason why you run and hide from them.

You seem to think that if you close your eyes to them they will eventually go away.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We can begin with these two:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

These verses directly contradict your idea that the Jews who lived under the law
could not be saved apart from works. And that is the reason why you run and hide
from them.

You seem to think that if you close your eyes to them they will eventually go away.

A little "uncivil" aren't you? The Four Gospels is pertaining to the
Lost Sheep of the House of Israel. Christ said so, Matthew 15:24
"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep
of the house of Israel." However, the Jews had to have faith plus works.

The "Grace Message" that was given to Paul to share with the Gentiles,
was all about faith without works. So, until Paul's Gospel was introduced,
the Kingdom Message was being preached to the Jews ONLY. And, it was
all about, works plus faith.

In conclusion, both verses were pertaining to the Jews ONLY, not
to the Gentiles or the Body of Christ. Sorry Jerry S you're wrong
again.

Jerry S I don't expect you to believe/agree to any of this.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jerry S doesn't understand the difference between the Kingdom Message,
to the Jews and Paul's Gospel to the Gentiles. He doesn't know how to
"Rightly Divide" the Word.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jerry S you will remain in ignorance as long as you
are unable to distinguish that there were two
distinct Messages being preached at that period
of time. The Kingdom Message to the Jews and
the Grace Message to the Gentiles.

Jerry Shugart

In conclusion, both verses were pertaining to the Jews ONLY

The discussion is in regard to the salvation of the Jews who lived under the law.

Did you just conveniently forget? According to you the Jews who lived under the Law could not be saved apart from doing "works."

But that idea is contradicted by what is said here:

Here we can see that this is saying that "faith" is all that is needed. And here are the words of the Lord and Savior spoken to the Jews who lived under the law where He tells them exactly how they are saved:

Both of those verses contradict your ideas as to how the Jews who lived under the law were saved. Now it is time for you to either shut up or give your interpretation of the meaning of those two verses.

Last edited:

Shasta

This verse is not speaking of the "death" of the flesh but instead the "filthiness" of the flesh and spirit:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

Here the Lord Jesus explains what defiles a man:

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man" (Mt.15:18-20).​

So do you mean that he is simply speaking about cleansing for sins we have committed and not the general surrender of the will?

Shasta

The church began to veer off in the 50s with the spread of Paul's authentic letters as Christianity's mission to "the nations" began to spread. And when the church got in bed with the Roman Empire in the Fourth Century, the little rag-tag band of followers of one Jesus of Nazareth became a huge, bureaucratic and violent enterprise.

Christianity is now a religion Jesus would have clearly rejected.

You are painting a vast group of individuals with a very broad and condemning brush. It looks to me like you are the one doing the rejecting. Look, I am probably as critical of what many Christians do as you if not more so because I have seen it up close; however, I have known many wonderful people who give their lives to serve others for very little monetary return. I do not think the real Jesus is rejecting them

Jerry Shugart

So do you mean that he is simply speaking about cleansing for sins we have committed and not the general surrender of the will?

I think it is referring to what is said here:

"And such were some of you: but ye washed yourselves, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Cor.6:11; RV, Marginal Note).​

This is the same idea spoken of here:

"And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).​

What is meant there is, "Arise and be baptized, and turn away from your sinful lifestyle, calling on the name of the Lord."

And that is the same thing which Paul tells Christians:

"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry" (Col.3:5).​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The discussion is in regard to the salvation of the Jews who lived under the law.

Did you just conveniently forget? According to you the Jews who lived under the Law could not be saved apart from doing "works."

But that idea is contradicted by what is said here:

Here we can see that this is saying that "faith" is all that is needed. And here are the words of the Lord and Savior spoken to the Jews who lived under the law where He tells them exactly how they are saved:

Both of those verses contradict your ideas as to how the Jews who lived under the law were saved. Now it is time for you to either shut up or give your interpretation of the meaning of those two verses.

Blah! blah! blah! Jerry S. Keep posting while everybody looks
on with total amazement. Your degree of ignorance is extraordinary.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You are painting a vast group of individuals with a very broad and condemning brush. It looks to me like you are the one doing the rejecting. Look, I am probably as critical of what many Christians do as you if not more so because I have seen it up close; however, I have known many wonderful people who give their lives to serve others for very little monetary return. I do not think the real Jesus is rejecting them
It depends what you mean by "reject." If the real Galilean came back in time and looked around him, I think he would disdain the movement that grew up after him.

How could you conclude anything different? Especially since the church officially became a part of the Roman Empire?

I know many, many believers who live exemplary lives, even though I do not agree with all of their theology. We can still fellowship together.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I can ONLY see the thoughts coming from your mind and ending up
on type! Are they one of the same or are your thoughts different
than what ends ups on your post? Perhaps, there's some form of
blockage between your thoughts and what ends up being typed?
You can always ask me, I guess. Sounds like you have some confusion going on.

And there's nothing WRONG about having confusion. I am often confused but have found that it is that "time of exile in the wilderness" before a new truth comes crashing through.

So don't put yourself down or play the victim. We are all doing the best we can.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You can always ask me, I guess. Sounds like you have some confusion going on.

And there's nothing WRONG about having confusion. I am often confused but have found that it is that "time of exile in the wilderness" before a new truth comes crashing through.

So don't put yourself down or play the victim. We are all doing the best we can.

I'm only concerned about your "ineptness."