Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

john w

Hall of Fame
Pretending “be ready to answer to every man that askers” doesn’t mean you should answer?

That is a less-than-honorable response.

But I will not be your judge.

By the way, have you read Matthew 5?
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Observe the deception, above, from the admitted satanist. He is either demon possessed, or drunk, as he does not even know his own satanic, made up "argument."

Slower:"Always be ready," you wicked, deceiver, does not mean answer any/all questions. That is slick...real slick....,

1 Peter 3:15 KJv But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

It says "be ready always to give an answer," not "always answer..." Of course, since you are a devilish bible corrector, you deleted "be ready," per your daddy devil's orders.

Mark 11:33 KJV And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.

Proverbs 26:4 KJV Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him

john w

Hall of Fame
Any of the major translations. The NRSV is my favorite.

Of course, inspiration doesn’t mean inerrant.

=satanic. Scripture has no errors, by definition, satanist.

Yes, your "favorite," but not believing it, correcting it, and all other fake bibles, as you "chose" a bible, like ice creme, if it fits what you believe.

We know-you are a bible corrector, not bible believer, like your father, the devil.

Where can we get a copy of the scriptures that are given by inspiration?

2003cobra

That is your delusion.

Prove that He didn't.

God's word endures forever, it does not need to be preserved.
But, God's word is not the same thing as the scriptures, which have God's words in them.

If you are going to bet your salvation on your ability to find "preserved, true, sure, sound, perfect, pure scriptures" then you are already lost.
However, you can find many different translations of the Bible at your local book store that contain everything you need for salvation.
You don't need to challenge God to give you "preserved, true, sure, sound, perfect, pure scriptures" before you will accept Him for who He is.

I already proved from the KJV that Jesus spoke Aramaic.

Why do you suppose that John is so fearful of recognizing that?

genuineoriginal

Word for word is better:

a3014c322cf88e89809c1dc308264bbb--bible-translations-charts.jpg
How do the Word for Word, non-KJV, translations handle the verse?

ESV You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation forever.
AMP You, O Lord, will preserve and keep them; You will protect him from this [evil] generation forever.
NASB You, O Lord, will keep them; You will preserve him from this generation forever.
YLT Thou, O Jehovah, dost preserve them, Thou keepest us from this generation to the age.

None of them claim God is preserving "words" except the KJV.

john w

Hall of Fame
That misunderstanding only exists in the KJV and a few other versions based on Elizabethan English, but does not exist in other languages and most English translations.

No, the commentators are merely trying to correct a gross misunderstanding caused from the words of the KJV in the text that appear to say the Lord preserves "words".

Translation: You want a bible that talks to you, like you talk to your buddies on your cell phone.

Son, if you don't have an infallible source authority, you cannot correct any bible-you don't have an infallible reference point, con artist.

You: Here are my errors, that a found, in a certain bible, KJV.......that I discovered from looking at other fake bibles.....Here is the scripture, that says, we no longer have the scriptures....

That is the brain power of a bible corrector/rejector/mystic/agnostic in action.....fried brains...That is what happens, when you listen to satan, instead of believing the scriptures.

2003cobra

Chapter, verse, devil child, that a translation cannot be inspired.

Genesis 42:23 KJV And they knew not that Joseph understood them; for he spake unto them by an interpreter.

Luke 23:38 KJV And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, This Is The King Of The Jews.

At least 2 were translations.

Acts 21:40 KJV And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, he spake unto them in the Hebrew tongue, saying,

Acts 22:2 KJV (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)

Acts 26:14 KJV And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

You are a biblical moron.
_______

Hebrews 11:5 KJV By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Translate: to move from one, to another....

Details.....From one language, to another.....
Strange that you would think this is responsive in any way on the topic.

It must be the KJV delusion again.

john w

Hall of Fame
How do the Word for Word, non-KJV, translations handle the verse?

ESV You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation forever.
AMP You, O Lord, will preserve and keep them; You will protect him from this [evil] generation forever.
NASB You, O Lord, will keep them; You will preserve him from this generation forever.
YLT Thou, O Jehovah, dost preserve them, Thou keepest us from this generation to the age.

None of them claim God is preserving "words" except the KJV.

Translation: My doctrine, what I believe, determines what the bible should say, and what is the bible. If it does not, I will correct it, or find another fake bible, from my stack of fake bibles, that agrees with me, and my doctrine.

We know-you're an admitted bible corrector/rejector, not bible believer.

Last edited:

2003cobra

=satanic. Scripture has no errors, by definition, satanist.

Yes, your "favorite," but not believing it, correcting it, and all other fake bibles, as you "chose" a bible, like ice creme, if it fits what you believe.

We know-you are a bible corrector, not bible believer, like your father, the devil.

You claim that scripture has no errors, yet you cannot say whether Joseph was a descendant of Solomon or
Solomon’s brother Nathan.

And you can’t say whether the centurion came to Jesus and spoke to Jesus or not.

So you don’t step on the playing field and forfeit before the real discussion starts.

But you do excel at calling people names!

john w

Hall of Fame
Strange that you would think this is responsive in any way on the topic.

It must be the KJV delusion again.

Poor devil child, as I gave him chapter, verse, refuting his satanic assertion, and we get the above-due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, 1 Cor. 2:14 KJV. Poor wolfie.......And the satanic punk asserts that believing every word of the scriptures is "delusion." Those words will be presented to you, by an angry LORD God, who has magnified his word above his name, at "The Great White Throne Judgment," right before he sends you on a your way to your future home-hell.

john w

Hall of Fame
You claim that scripture has no errors, yet you cannot say whether Joseph was a descendant of Solomon or

And you can’t say whether the centurion came to Jesus and spoke to Jesus or not.

So you don’t step on the playing field and forfeit before the real discussion starts.

The scriptures have no errors-you are in error, too stupid/satanic to figure it out.

Name calling is scriptural. Of course, you would not know that, since you do not have the scriptures.

Poor admitted devil child.

genuineoriginal

I notice you seem unwilling to retract the statement that you worship the Bible. Or are you?
The English language does not give "worship" the same meaning as שָׁחָה shachah (see Genesis 24:26, etc.), which means to bow down, prostrate oneself.

Lon is not saying he kneels before the Bible as he would kneel before God.

Reactions: Lon

john w

Hall of Fame
I already proved from the KJV that Jesus spoke Aramaic.

Why do you suppose that John is so fearful of recognizing that?

No, you did not.

Prove that "the originals" were without error.

2003cobra

Translation: You want a bible that talks to you, like you talk to your buddies on your cell phone.

Son, if you don't have an infallible source authority, you cannot correct any bible-you don't have an infallible reference point, con artist.

You: Here are my errors, that a found, in a certain bible, KJV.......that I discovered from looking at other fake bibles.....Here is the scripture, that says, we no longer have the scriptures....

That is the brain power of a bible corrector/rejector/mystic/agnostic in action.....fried brains...That is what happens, when you listen to satan, instead of believing the scriptures.

Where is your infallible source of authority that says the KJV is the one true Bible?

And is the 1611 KJV, with 80 books, the one that you think is perfect?

If so, when did the KJV lose 14 books? And why?

Lon

It's nothing like that and rather than try to hide behind an analogy I will say it like it is:

I upset you because you could not admit you wrong in our debate or could not think of a way to argue against me. So instead you trawl though my posts and find where I used a rude word in a conversation with someone else, which I was using to make a point about how using bad language is not good behaviour and rather than take it in the context that it was meant you then reported me for using bad language.

That is very sad and childish behaviour.
Er, nope. Nice try, spin-doctor. Real slick.

"I" don't use language like that. I 'follow' the bible, don't correct it. Contrasts for thread, no?

It was a perfect example for it.

I also recognize assumptions both in the way you come to the Bible, AND your link that supported me AND your misread of me and my motives.

THAT too is good for thread. It lets people know our respective reading comprehension levels.

It is as simple as this: I reported a word I'd not want my kids reading on TOL. My kids don't post here but some TOLer's kids do.

I reported it to have it removed. It had not a lot to do with you, a LOT to do with the word. Remedy? Don't use it. It is as easy as that and part of your signed agreement when you became a member on TOL. HONOR your part and your signed commitment!

john w

Hall of Fame
The English language does not give "worship" the same meaning as שָׁחָה shachah (see Genesis 24:26, etc.), which means to bow down, prostrate oneself.

Lon is not saying he kneels before the Bible as he would kneel before God.

Prove that "the originals" were without error.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

daqq explained the Nathan Solomon issue in a post on Christmas day. Look it up, punk. The centurion was explained as well.

john w

Hall of Fame
Where is your infallible source of authority that says the KJV is the one true Bible?

And is the 1611 KJV, with 80 books, the one that you think is perfect?

If so, when did the KJV lose 14 books? And why?
"
You missed it, slick as satan one. I never claimed that I had an infallible source authority "that says the KJV is the one true Bible."

By that "argument," "Where is your infallible source of authority that says 'the originals'is the one true Bible?"

You can't be this stupid. Just slick....I never correct the KJV-I believe every word.

Again:Name your infallible source authority, for correcting any "the bible."

You won't-you don't have it.