Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

john w

Hall of Fame
I have not disrespected the Lord God in any way.

You seem to not know the difference between God and your man-made tradition.

Do you also worship a book?

Where can we get a copy of the "God made" scripture? Fraud. The devil child will not address that question, even after I've asked him over 20 times.

Worship a book, you satanist? Already answered, but your daddy the devil tells you to keep asking it. You worship satan, and your mind, as your final authority, bible rejector/corrector/mystic/agnostic.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Prove that Jesus spoke Aramaic?

Even the KJV proves that, quoting Him several times in Aramaic.

Matthew 27 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

There is Jesus speaking Aramaic.

I could give more examples.

You know He spoke Aramaic, don’t you?

Non responsive-evasion.

No, if he did not speak in English, Latin, German....you would "argue" that most of the world, who do not speak/understand whatever language He spoke, does not access to the scriptures.

Prove that He spoke Hebrew, or Aramaic, or Greek.

Chapter, verse, where the LORD God promised to preserve His word in any language.

Where can we get a copy of the preserved, true, sure, sound, perfect, pure scriptures?

Define bible believer.

Chapter, verse, where scripture says that a translation cannot be "is given by inspiration."

Not a peep.

You are a bible correcting devil child, not a bible believer. My evidence? You.

john w

Hall of Fame
John W, I wanted to post this again to make sure that you did not miss it.

Maybe a little more of the passage will help you:
Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; 16 yet do it with gentleness and reverence. Keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are maligned, those who abuse you for your good conduct in Christ may be put to shame.

Or, if you prefer the KJV:
be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

Catch that deception? He "prefers" an alleged bible, perhaps "likes" a "the bible," much like ice creme,not believing any one of them, correcting them all.

Typical bible corrector, not believer, as "preferring" any bible, presupposes an authority over it.

"Always be ready," you wicked, deceiver, does not mean answer any/all questions. That is slick...real slick....,

1 Peter 3:15 KJv But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

It says "be ready always to give an answer," not "always answer..." Of course, since you are a devilish bible corrector, you deleted "be ready," per your daddy devil's orders.

Mark 11:33 KJV And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.

Proverbs 26:4 KJV Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Okay so you are scared to go first. Therefore let me show you how it is done:

a3014c322cf88e89809c1dc308264bbb--bible-translations-charts.jpg

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Hebrew_Index.htm

Where can we get a copy of the scriptures that are "inspired of God?"

Are the links of a pure, true, sound, true, right, perfect, w/o error bible?

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
I’ve been at a KJV only church where the pastor declared over the pulpit “you are not welcome here unless you read the KJV.”

They don’t hurt me. They hurt the Kingdom of God.

Look at the testimony here of John w!

Where can we get a copy of the scriptures that are given by inspiration?

Silence.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes and notice it says forever! How can a bible last forever? It can't, as has been shown by the fact we no longer have the originals and when God makes a new earth and heaven, every existing bible will be destroyed. Only God's actual Words will last forever. Just as God's Words spoke creation into existence, His Word's are where the power is. Bibles are just one way to disseminate His Word's but are ultimately flawed. That is one reason why Jesus never wrote anything down.

Psalm 12:7
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/psa12.pdf
Where can we get a copy of the scriptures that are given by inspiration, "God's words" that "will last forever?"

Silence.

john w

Hall of Fame
Again-this "You worship a book!!!!Worship 'Jesus"!!!!" scam, deception, false dichotomy, devious con game:

No, you scamming devil children, you would have no objective knowledge, NADA, about the true LORD God of the bible, and His Christ, w/o the book, by which He is revealed-the LORD God chose this method. None, you engagers in sophistry. (And they are clueless as to the meaning of "idolatry. That would be worshiping the rock, papyrus, pages, upon which the words were engraved, you pathetic punks). They call that "bible worship, "idolatry," which is a code name for a "subtil"(Genesis 3 KJV) "doctrine" of hating the word of God, replacing it with your subjectivism, and pseudo-"intellectualism"/"scholarship," to lord over others, their addiction, and asserting, "I don't study the book's own testimony about itself, so, being the biblical buffoon that I am, I will just throw up another cliche, that I read in a book, on another bible rejecting agnostic/mystic sight, and I will be just fine.....Professor Judas tells me so."

No, punks, the Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the esteem,the respect, the glorification, the awe we are commanded to have for the word of God:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:12 KJV

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4 KJV

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10 KJV

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161KJV

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah KJV 66:2

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48 KJV

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1 KJV

Members of the boc esteem, praise, magnify, and glorify what the LORD God esteems, praises, magnifies, and glorifies, and at which he demands that we trembleth at, and which He magnifies, above over His name-His word. In contrast, you devil worshipers, cliche that as "bible worship, idolatry." That is satanic deception. The LORD God never taught them that. Guess who did, and talked them out of their faith in the book, and "devolved" them from being bible believers, to bible correctors? Rhetorical q-peek a boo...we are on to you, subtil serpent-survey Genesis, re. the serpent correcting/corrupting/adding to/deleting-diminishing/doubting the word of God. Like father(devil), like son(bible correctors)..."After his own kind..."

Ssssssssssssssssssssss..................

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
jsanford asked you:

Jacob, why do you have 3+ threads, started around the same time, asking the same questions (the books of the Bible)?

You answered: "Different related questions."

and after just half a dozen posts you bow out?

What does that mean?

Shalom.

Today is Chamishi, 10-17. It is Yom, Day.

How can I help you? I did not know you perceived me to have bowed out. I did no such thing.

Shalom.

Jacob

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
£129.48 on Amazon! I might fall away on that one. :)

What does it say for John 16:1 out of interest?
4624 [e]
skandalisthēte
σκανδαλισθῆτε .
you might fall away
V-ASP-2P

4624. skandalizó ►
Strong's Concordance
skandalizó: to put a snare (in the way), hence to cause to stumble, to give offense
Original Word: σκανδαλίζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: skandalizó
Phonetic Spelling: (skan-dal-id'-zo)
Short Definition: I cause to stumble
Definition: I cause to stumble, cause to sin, cause to become indignant, shock, offend.

BDAG:
σκανδαλίζω (σκάνδαλον) 1 aor. ἐσκανδάλισα. Pass.: 1 fut. σκανδαλισθήσομαι; 1 aor. ἐσκανδαλίσθην; pf. ptc. ἐσκανδαλισμένος; (LXX, Aq., Sym., Theod.; PsSol 16:7; TestSol; AscIs 3:14 [but not in Test12Patr, EpArist, Philo, Joseph., apolog.]; Cat. Cod. Astr. X 67, 23; Christian authors).

to cause to be brought to a downfall,
cause to sin (the sin may consist in a breach of the moral law, in unbelief, or in the acceptance of false teachings)

-1a τινά someone (Mal 2:8 Sym., Theod.; PsSol 16:7 γυναι—κὸς σκανδαλιζού—σης ἄφρονα; Palladius 5 p. 21 σκανδαλίσαι ψυχήν) Mt 5:29f; 18:6, 8f; Mk 9:42f, 45, 47; Lk 17:2; 1 Cor 8:13ab; 1 Cl 46:8.—Pass. be led into sin (Sir 23:8; 32:15; AcJ 82 [Aa II/1, 192, 1]) so perh. 2 Cor 11:29 (s. 2 below).—The abs. pass. can also mean let oneself be led into sin (for the 'permissive pass.' s. Gildersleeve, Syntax I §167), fall away (Passio Perpet. 20, 10 vGebh.; MartPt 3 [Aa I p. 82, 22]) Mt 13:21; 24:10; Mk 4:17; 14:27, 29; J 16:1; D 16:5.—ἐσκανδαλισμένοι Hv 4, 1, 3; m 8:10 are people who have been led astray, but who have not altogether fallen away fr. the faith.

-1b
σκανδαλίζεσθαι ἔν τινι (Sir 9:5; 23:8; 32:15) be led into sin, be repelled by someone of Jesus; by refusing to believe in him or by becoming apostate fr. him a person falls into sin Mt 11:6; 13:57; 26:31, 33 (cp. AscIs 3, 14 δώδεκα οἱ μετ̓ αὐτοῦ ὑπ̓ αὐτοῦ σκανδαλισθήσονται); Mk 6:3; Lk 7:23. ἐν ᾧ ὁ ἀδελφὸς σκανδαλίζεται Ro 14:21 v.l.

to shock through word or action, give offense to, anger, shock (AcJ 56 [Aa II/1 p. 178, 35]; Athanasius, Vita Anton. 81; Palladius 37 p. 115 σκανδαλίζω πολλούς; 46 p. 136) τινά someone Mt 17:27 (JDerrett, NovT 6, '63, 1-15); J 6:61. Pass. Mt 15:12.—τίς σκανδαλίζεται; perh. who has any reason to take offense? 2 Cor 11:29 (s. 1a above).—S. σκάνδαλον, end.—DELG s.v. σκάνδαλον. M-M. EDNT. TW.

SRC: Frederick William Danker, ed., “σκανδαλίζω,” in A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, Third ed. (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2000)

genuineoriginal

No, if he did not speak in English, Latin, German....you would "argue" that most of the world, who do not speak/understand whatever language He spoke, does not access to the scriptures.
That is your delusion.

Prove that He didn't.

Chapter, verse, where the LORD God promised to preserve His word in any language.
God's word endures forever, it does not need to be preserved.
But, God's word is not the same thing as the scriptures, which have God's words in them.

Where can we get a copy of the preserved, true, sure, sound, perfect, pure scriptures?
If you are going to bet your salvation on your ability to find "preserved, true, sure, sound, perfect, pure scriptures" then you are already lost.
However, you can find many different translations of the Bible at your local book store that contain everything you need for salvation.
You don't need to challenge God to give you "preserved, true, sure, sound, perfect, pure scriptures" before you will accept Him for who He is.

genuineoriginal

So, you end up choosing the one that agrees with what you think is closest to what you believe, right?
No, I use different translations to ensure that I don't get stuck with misunderstandings about what the passages are really saying.
Yet, you fault King James readers for sticking to the one they have found to be accurate. :think:
No, I use the King James version in most of my Bible quotes.
I only fault King James Only people for assuming the words in the KJV do not lead to misunderstandings.

2003cobra

Where can we get a copy of the "God made" scripture? Fraud. The devil child will not address that question, even after I've asked him over 20 times.

Worship a book, you satanist? Already answered, but your daddy the devil tells you to keep asking it. You worship satan, and your mind, as your final authority, bible rejector/corrector/mystic/agnostic.

God didn’t make scripture, John. People did. That is what the Bible says.

genuineoriginal

Looks to me like you aren't really interested in what the Psalm actually says, but, instead are out to prove your translations are where the closest to your "truth" is found. To do that, however, you are forced to IGNORE the obvious....the elephant in the room. The words of the Lord. Thou shalt keep them, Oh Lord.
It only appears that the passage states that the Lord will keep "words" in the KJV, but the other translations show that it is people that are preserved.

They are right there in the translation you quoted.

"Psalm 12:5-7
5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

Yes, the KJV translation does lead to people misunderstanding that passage and thinking it is claiming that the Lord preserves "words".

I prefer not to toss out such an important text as God's words being pure and tried in a furnace... Why are those words there? You are forced to ignore them with your reading, and pulling up verses from other places in scripture cannot make those words go away.
Find a better translation that does not provide the false belief that the passage is speaking of preserving "words".

2003cobra

Non responsive-evasion.

Define bible believer.

Chapter, verse, where scripture says that a translation cannot be "is given by inspiration."

Not a peep.

You are a bible correcting devil child, not a bible believer. My evidence? You.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You claim a translation is given by inspiration?

Then you need to provide proof the KJV translation was given by inspiration.

Where is your proof?

Not a peep, so far.

Was the 1611 KJV, with 80 book, given by inspiration? If so, is that the translation you use? Or do you use the 66-book version from the 1800s — after many books were taken away?

Here is a link to help you in compiling your answer:
http://sceti.library.upenn.edu/sceti/printedbooksNew/index.cfm?TextID=kjbible&PagePosition=36

You know the Bible tells you to answer, don’t you?

1 Peter 3 be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
That is your delusion.............spam.

Not a peep.

Did our bible rejector/corrector, answer the question? Nope. Children of the devil, pole cats, like you, who are bible rejectors/correctors/agnostics/mystics never do, as their daddy the devil has a gag order on them.

If you are going to bet your salvation on your ability to find "preserved, true, sure, sound, perfect, pure scriptures" then you are already lost.

=a satanic assertion.

Slower:

The Holy Bible testifies of the reverence, the respect, and the honour we are commanded to display towards the LORD God's Holy Name:

"Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious. " Psalms 66:2

If the Lord Jesus Christ's name is so precious to God the Father, and it is(Acts 4:12, 19:17; Philippians 2:9-10; Eph. 1:21; 2 Thes. 1:12 ; Hebrews 1:4), and if God's own "...great name..."(Jeremiah 44:26, Ezekiel 36:23), His "...holy name...."(the most often cited attribute of the LORD God and His name is "holy"-Mt. 6:9; Luke 1:49, 11:2.......) is even exalted above all blessing, praise, and "honour"(Psalms 66:2), and it is(Deut. 28:58; 2 Samuel 7:26, 22:50; 1 Kings 8:42; 1 Chron. 16:29, 17:24, 23:13, 29:13; Neh. 1:11, 9:5; Job 1:21; Psalms 8:1, 8:9, 29:2, 34:3, 44:8, 48:10, 52:9, 54:6, 61:5, 68:4, 69:30, 72:17, 72:19, 79:9, 86:9, 86:12, 96:2, 96:8, 99:3, 100:4, 103:1, 111:9, 113:1-3, 115:1, 135:1, 142:7, 145:1-2, 148:5,13; Isaiah 12:4, 24:15, 25:1, 29:23, 48:11, 56:6; Jer. 10:6, 34:16; Ez. 39:7; Daniel 2:20; Malachi 2:2; John 12:28 ; Rev. 15:4 ), and if God has magnified His word above His own name, and He did and has(Psalms 138:2), then this is not a trivial matter, nor a matter of "preference", or "usability/likeability".

The integrity of our faith, the faith, is dependent on the integrity of the word of God, is dependent on the "sure word"(2 Peter 1:19, "For the word of the LORD" must be"...right....", if all of the works of the LORD, including our justification, are to be "done in truth"(Psalms 33:4). The authority of which we believers speak is dependent on the final authority of "the" Holy Bible, "the" word of God,"...the scripture of truth...."(Daniel 10:21), which "....is true from the beginning"(Psalms 119:160).

My first priority as a Christian will always be: I will proclaim only that "message" that is derived from a "credible witness." If the witness is not credible, then "interpretation"="the MESSAGE", is divorced from objective reality. No interpretation, no "the Message", is worthwhile, or credible, if truth can still be considered truth despite ERRORS. If biblical certainty/assurance are lost, then biblical authority, and its resulting "interpretation"/"the MESSAGE" is impossible. If the biblical text is unreliable, then the Holy Bible's own claims about representing the full and objective truth about God cannot be substantiated or believed. The Holy Bible's authority to rule over us, to call us back to the LORD God, to offer justification and eternal life through the offence of the cross, and the resurrection, and any "interpretive methods", evaporates. And a discussion of the soundness of any interpretation, any understanding the LORD God's revelation of Himself, and His "blueprint" for all, is mere "going through the motions", "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic", if the source for understanding these objective truths is flawed in any way. Therefore, if any supposed "the Holy Bible" claiming to be the word of God has errors, then it is not the word of God. And those who make the claim that the word of God can have errors, and still be considered the word of God, they are speaking not "...according to this word, it is because there is no light in them"(Isaiah 8:20). This I have learned from the Holy Bible's own testimony, if it is to believed. I take "God at His word"(the simple definition of faith), and it is that simple.

A man is only as good as his word, loser.

However, you can find many different translations of the Bible at your local book store that contain everything you need for salvation.

Side step, dodge ball, create a moving target, move the goal posts....That is slick....Real slick, just like your father, the subtil serpent...

Listen, bible rejector...One can can get saved by reading and believing 1 Cor. 15:1-4 from a church SOF, a flyer, an article, that you find in a trash bin, a fake bible from one of the "many different translations of the Bible at your local book store." But that does not make these the scriptures, any more than finding food in a trash bin makes that trash bin a restaurant, and you might be able to find diamond ring in a trash bin, but that does not make that trash bin a jewelry store.
You don't need to challenge God to give you "preserved, true, sure, sound, perfect, pure scriptures" before you will accept Him for who He is.

You flip the bird at the LORD God, devil child, accusing Him of being a liar, not a God of truth, too impotent to preserve His sure, true, pure, sound, right scriptures, breaking His promise. The book never taught you that. Satan did, when he turned you into a bible corrector/rejector, from a bible believer, as you dropped your weapon, and now, your "ministry" is attempting to talk the babes/sheep out of their faith in the book, so they can "evolve"(devolve)into moronic wolves like yourself, and drop their weapon also,as you "spiritually" rape them/molest them, and lord over them.

You wicked, vile bible agnostic, bible pick pocketing con artist.

genuineoriginal

The only way you can get to where you are is by ignoring the plain logos-reasoning of what is actually written in the context:
That misunderstanding only exists in the KJV and a few other versions based on Elizabethan English, but does not exist in other languages and most English translations.

Your commentators only show that they found a way to insert their own reasoning into the text.
No, the commentators are merely trying to correct a gross misunderstanding caused from the words of the KJV in the text that appear to say the Lord preserves "words".

2003cobra

Catch that deception? He "prefers" an alleged bible, perhaps "likes" a "the bible," much like ice creme,not believing any one of them, correcting them all.

Typical bible corrector, not believer, as "preferring" any bible, presupposes an authority over it.

"Always be ready," you wicked, deceiver, does not mean answer any/all questions. That is slick...real slick....,

1 Peter 3:15 KJv But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

It says "be ready always to give an answer," not "always answer..." Of course, since you are a devilish bible corrector, you deleted "be ready," per your daddy devil's orders.

Mark 11:33 KJV And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.

Proverbs 26:4 KJV Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him

Pretending “be ready to answer to every man that askers” doesn’t mean you should answer?

That is a less-than-honorable response.

But I will not be your judge.

By the way, have you read Matthew 5?
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

john w

Hall of Fame
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You claim a translation is given by inspiration?

Then you need to provide proof the KJV translation was given by inspiration.

Where is your proof?

Not a peep, so far.

Was the 1611 KJV, with 80 book, given by inspiration? If so, is that the translation you use? Or do you use the 66-book version from the 1800s — after many books were taken away?

Here is a link to help you in compiling your answer:
http://sceti.library.upenn.edu/sceti/printedbooksNew/index.cfm?TextID=kjbible&PagePosition=36

You know the Bible tells you to answer, don’t you?

1 Peter 3 be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Chapter, verse, devil child, that a translation cannot be inspired.

Genesis 42:23 KJV And they knew not that Joseph understood them; for he spake unto them by an interpreter.

Luke 23:38 KJV And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, This Is The King Of The Jews.

At least 2 were translations.

Acts 21:40 KJV And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, he spake unto them in the Hebrew tongue, saying,

Acts 22:2 KJV (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)

Acts 26:14 KJV And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

You are a biblical moron.
_______

Hebrews 11:5 KJV By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Translate: to move from one, to another....

Details.....From one language, to another.....