Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

Zenn

Paul makes it clear that his Gospel was not that preached by the Apostles or our Lord when He walked the earth. It was given Him by revelation of the Risen and Ascended Lord.
Absolutely.

Zenn

PS: Couldn't have been said better.

glorydaz

And BANG there it is in all the glory of black and white.

The gospel Jesus taught is no longer valid because Jesus messed up and got himself killed.

Oh, the drama. :chuckle:

Jesus didn't mess up. He came to die, and He accomplished what He came for.

Perhaps you don't know that He came for the lost sheep of Israel. He did say that, you know?

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And yet right after the disciples were filled with the Holy Ghost, God by the Holy Spirit has Peter lie to everybody when preaching truths gldz says are no longer valid:

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
(Act 2:38-41 KJV)

3,000 poor deluded souls who embraced an invalid gospel (according to gldz) and so must be heading off to hell because they listened to the Holy Spirit.

Oh the drama. :rolleyes:

I guess you don't know that Peter, himself, came to understand that God had better things in store for those who would believe in Paul's Gospel....stating, "We shall be saved even as they."

Acts 15:10-12
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. 12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.​

gldz, with these declarations you've recently made, it is not hard to see that you have rejected ALL of Jesus teachings and have supplanted them with your new god Paul.

Zenn

PS: But I am well pleased that you are clearly presenting your beliefs.

Praise God, Zenn is well pleased. ;)

Now, if you would move on and find as much interest in what the Risen Lord revealed to the Apostle Paul. It's really quite sad that you reject the knowledge that our Lord actually raised from the dead. Apparently, you haven't heard the Good News he brought about GRACE and the Gift of Salvation for those (Jews and Gentiles) who BELIEVE. The baptism is no longer water, but by the Spirit into the body of Christ.

I hate to see people who get stuck on the wrong side of the cross...unaware of what the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished. :sigh:

glorydaz

Knowing that a NAIL is not SCREWED INTO WOOD by the works of A SCREWDRIVER, but by the USE of A HAMMER, even we have believed in THE CORRECT INSTRUMENT, that we might NAIL IN A NAIL BY A HAMMER, and not by the works of the SCREWDRIVER: for by the works of the SCREWDRIVER shall no NAIL BE NAILED IN.

You just hate screwdrivers :)

I suppose you find yourself humorous.

I'm not sure whether to mock or just shake my head. :think:

iouae

I suppose you find yourself humorous.

I'm not sure whether to mock or just shake my head. :think:

You have decided that because a screwdriver is useless for hammering in nails (or in spiritual terms, the law is useless at justifying or making one right with God) that the screwdriver is useless and needs to be thrown out of the toolbox.

No. The screwdriver (law) has a different purpose 1) to tell you what constitutes sin 2) to show you where you are deficient 3) to make you feel guilty

THE LAW CANNOT JUSTIFY.

Only faith in/of Jesus can.

Faith in/of Jesus is UTTERLY USELESS AT TELLING YOU WHAT SIN IS. That is not it's purpose. That's the law's purpose.

Paul throws nothing out of the toolbox, least of all the law. Rom 7:12
Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Reactions: Lon

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
When one account has Jarius saying to Jesus that his daughter just died, while another account has Jarius saying to Jesus that his daughter is ill and near death. This is an outright contradiction between the two stories. ANY mentally sane person would understand this.

What contradiction? There is no conflict here except in the eyes of those who deny inerrancy.

Jairus came to Jesus knowing his daughter was at the very point of dying or by now had actually died.

While Jesus was dealing with the throng, a servant ran to Jairus to tell him his daughter now had no vital signs and they believed her to be gone.
So Jairus gave Jesus the additional information that those with her said she was dead.

None of the gospel writers got it wrong. They just told it differently.

Look at Heb 11:22KJV if you want to know that the word τελευτάω means. How could Joseph, being dead, make mention of anything? The word includes the process of dying, not an actual instant in time. Its a verb, the action of which describes a process.

2003cobra

Scared, aren't you?

Not at all. I have just been asking you about Jairus for pages and pages, as well as about other errors, and you never respond.

So I don’t feel an obligation to answer any of your off-the-topic questions until you do a little answering yourself.

2003cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
Again I ask:

Specifically:
1) Did Jairus initially ask Jesus to heal a sick girl or to raise a dead girl?
2) Did Jairus learn his daughter was dead before Jesus started to his house or afterwards?

Lon’s answer:
I'm not getting into you 'my ball, my rules' game. You don't 'get' to make the rules. All those playing get to decide or leave you all by yourself and go play someplace else.

You claim the Bible is inerrant, and you will not explain its errors.

That is not a ‘my ball, my rules’ situation.

It is clear evidence that you are wrong, know you are wrong, and won’t enter the ball game.

2003cobra

What contradiction? There is no conflict here except in the eyes of those who deny inerrancy.

Jairus came to Jesus knowing his daughter was at the very point of dying or by now had actually died.

While Jesus was dealing with the throng, a servant ran to Jairus to tell him his daughter now had no vital signs and they believed her to be gone.
So Jairus gave Jesus the additional information that those with her said she was dead.

Look at Heb 11:22KJV if you want to know that the word τελευτάω means. How could Joseph, being dead, make mention of anything? The word includes the process of dying, not an actual instant in time. Its a verb, the action of which describes a process.

George, your version adds to Mark and Luke’s account and directly contradicts Matthew’s account.

daqq

You haven’t answered me.
I asked
Specifically:
1) Did Jairus initially ask Jesus to heal a sick girl or to raise a dead girl?
2) Did Jairus learn his daughter was dead before Jesus started to his house or afterwards?

And you will not answer.

You are being deceitful, I did already give you my answer to that and even told you that I view it the same as the answer to the centurion, which I also answered more than once, but you rejected and ignored.

Despite the fact that you will not answer my question, I will answer yours.

Jesus uses hyperbole often. His individual statements should not be taken in isolation and “prooftexted” into error.

Jesus said the passage you quoted, told us we were to love one another, and rebuked harshly the religious leaders who dedicated their goods to the Lord so they would not have to take care of their parents.

So, no, Jesus is not saying don’t take care of your parents. He is saying that following Jesus is our first responsibility, even if that means our entire family turns against us.

I took care of my parents. I took care of my wife’s parents. Did you?

There is a great difference between spiritualizing historical facts into nonsense and interpretation of the words of Jesus.

According to the Testimony of the Master, you answered incorrectly, just as Zenn also answered incorrectly. I did not fully expound my understanding of that passage, as Glorydaz also has noted, but only showed you why your "plain sense" understanding of it is erroneous and how your own mindset breeds contradictions. However I did hint at the answer and touched lightly upon it from the writings of Paul and a passage from the Apocalypse, (Gal 4:22-27, Rev 11:8, moreover, O Egypt, "great of flesh", Eze 16:26 KJV, lol, in the allegorical language from all of Ezekiel 16).

Matthew 10:34-38
34 Think not that I am come to cast peace upon the earth: I came not to send forth peace, but a sword.
(the macharia-sword of spiritual warfare, Rev 6:4)
35 For I am come to sever a man from his father, and the daughter from her mother, and the daughter in law from her mother in law.
36 And the enemies of a man shall be those of his own household.
(Mic 7:5-6 referring to Dt 13:6)
37 The one loving father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and the one loving son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And the one not taking up his cross and following after me is not worthy of me.

As I have said before several times from the holy Testimony: the kingdom of Elohim is within you, (Luke 17:20,21). Everyone has "your father the Devil" and "your heavenly Father", (not just "the Jews" and "the Pharisees", O king, lol), and we are expected to cut off and cut away from that former spirit of the world and prince of the power of the air, the god of this world, and cleave away unto our heavenly Father by way of the only holy and approved Testimony of His Son the Messiah. You moreover have your "mother of harlots" who is in enmity against your "mother(covenant) Jerusalem of above", which Paul plainly says is an allegory, like Hagar -vs- Sarah, Ishmael -vs- Isaac, Esau -vs- Jacob, (twins, your old man nature and your new man in Messiah which at war in your heavens, (we wrestle not against flesh and blood, lol)), your "son of perdition" (Judas nature) -vs- the Son of Elohim, and so on and so on, the Flesh (mindset and nature) -vs- the Spirit (even the mind of Messiah). The Master therefore does not speak in terms of how you continue to speak: and because he quotes from Mic 7:5-6, and because that passage in turn references Dt 13:6, neither do those passages, the Prophet and the Torah passage, speak according to your carnal minded nature.

The High Priest has two stones in his hidden pouch beneath the breastplate, the Urim and the Thummim, and the one is a white-light stone, (of approval), while the other is a stone of black light: be careful he does not give you what you came looking for, for he has all authority in the heavens and the earth to give to every man according to his deeds; and if the light that is in you be darkness, how great is that darkness.

white-stone.JPG

We have one here already now, since I said these things, one who indeed speaks with the mouth of a lion, boasting great things such as raising the dead and calling down lightning from the heavens, and who at the same time blasphemes those among us who are tabernacling in the heavens: he has a king in his own little temple who raises the dead and calls down fire from the heavens in the sight of men; two horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon. Repent, Cobra, change your thinking and mindset, and stop accusing the Word before it is too late and you too start raising the dead and calling down fire from the heavens and claiming all the glory for yourself: for Elohim Most High does not give such power to those who will turn against Him and take the glory and honor all for themselves, but His Kohen after the order of Melki-Tzedek will give you what you ask for if you keep demanding it, the black-light stone of the blackness of the darkness forever, (Jude 1:13, Mat 6:23, 2Thes 2:9-10, 11-12, Rev 13:11,12,13).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

2003cobra

Daqq writes;
I did already give you my answer to that

Then I am going assume you answered that Jairus asked for his sick daughter to be healed and Jairus only heard about her death after he and Jesus had started the journey to the house of Jairus.

So you declared the gospel of Matthew in error, and the doctrine of inerrancy is proved false.

Alternately, I could have assumed you answered that Jairus asked for his dead daughter to be resurrected and Jairus learned about her death after he and Jesus had started the journey to the house of Jairus.

So you declared the gospel of Mark and Luke in error, and the doctrine of inerrancy is proved false.

daqq

Daqq writes;
I did already give you my answer to that

Then I am going assume you answered that Jairus asked for his sick daughter to be healed and Jairus only heard about her death after he and Jesus had started the journey to the house of Jairus.

So you declared the gospel of Matthew in error, and the doctrine of inerrancy is proved false.

Alternately, I could have assumed you answered that Jairus asked for his dead daughter to be resurrected and Jairus learned about her death after he and Jesus had started the journey to the house of Jairus.

So you declared the gospel of Mark and Luke in error, and the doctrine of inerrancy is proved false.

Nope, I have declared no such things: but you read my words just like you read the scripture, and the servant is not greater than his Master. If therefore you do what you do to the Word; no doubt you will do the same and probably worse to my measly little words. :)

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
George, your version adds to Mark and Luke’s account and directly contradicts Matthew’s account.

Not at all. It is you who have made the arbitrary decision that when a gospel narrator makes a statement, it must be a complete account of what actually transpired with no other details possible. But God lets us know that lots of other stuff happened too. John 21:25KJV

Matthew adds to Mark and Luke's account; not me. This is why God gave us 4 gospels. He has given us two eyes for depth perception, among other things. He has also given us more than one account of Jesus' ministry, the most important event in history, to give us literary and historical stereopsis.

Your doctrine of errancy is driving your myopic perception of revelation. You are handcuffing God and not allowing Him to tell you all He wants you to know. If half of the effort you are putting in to convince others of errancy was expended on finding reasonable solutions, you would already be well on your way to finding them.

Look what is happening. Because the accounts are not identical and reveal different aspects of the same history, by God's wisdom, faith is being tested and revealed.

Contradictions exist only in the minds of those who refuse to search for answers by faith. No one here worships a book. They worship the author of revealed truth and know Him to be reliable.

Within my limited abilities, I have given you some reasonable possibilities. Your reaction to them has been that they cannot be possible because, for you, there cannot possibly be an answer to what you have predetermined is impossible. You have not given me reasonable critiques of those possibilities, only an acknowledgement that we disagree and the silliness of a hyper-literal view making each of the gospels exhaustive information at odds with each other.

Zenn

I truly hope you understand the whole point, Zenn, (and Cobra), which point is that by an ordinary "plain sense" understanding of the passage I quoted, Luke 14:26, you nullified, voided out, made of no effect, and forced contradictions and errors in many scripture passages.
Then it's obvious that you cannot read scripture using "ordinary 'plain sense'" which is why others have pointed out that you spiritualize things into non-sense.

Oddly enough, you choose to read Moses with "ordinary 'plain sense'" while denying this for Jesus. What? Jesus couldn't speak with "ordinary 'plain sense'"? That his teaching in Mat 12:50 & Mar 3:35 was gibberish? Or too hard to fathom? Or too mystical to accept?

... you nullified, voided out, made of no effect, and forced contradictions and errors in many scripture passages.
No, just your particular method of interpretation.

Why would there need to be a new covenant if the old one works fine? How can there be a new covenant without replacing the old? Heb. 8:13 is very clear.

Zenn

daqq

Then it's obvious that you cannot read scripture using "ordinary 'plain sense'" which is why others have pointed out that you spiritualize things into non-sense.

Oddly enough, you choose to read Moses with "ordinary 'plain sense'" while denying this for Jesus. What? Jesus couldn't speak with "ordinary 'plain sense'"? That his teaching in Mat 12:50 & Mar 3:35 was gibberish? Or too hard to fathom? Or too mystical to accept?

No, just your particular method of interpretation.

Why would there need to be a new covenant if the old one works fine? How can there be a new covenant without replacing the old? Heb. 8:13 is very clear.

Zenn

Bad reading comprehension once again. The Testimony of the Master teaches me how to read and understand Moses and the Torah just as was already explained to both you and Cobra. You only prove over and over again that you do not understand what you read:

According to the Testimony of the Master, you answered incorrectly, just as Zenn also answered incorrectly. I did not fully expound my understanding of that passage, as Glorydaz also has noted, but only showed you why your "plain sense" understanding of it is erroneous and how your own mindset breeds contradictions. However I did hint at the answer and touched lightly upon it from the writings of Paul and a passage from the Apocalypse, (Gal 4:22-27, Rev 11:8, moreover, O Egypt, "great of flesh", Eze 16:26 KJV, lol, in the allegorical language from all of Ezekiel 16).

Matthew 10:34-38
34 Think not that I am come to cast peace upon the earth: I came not to send forth peace, but a sword.
(the macharia-sword of spiritual warfare, Rev 6:4)
35 For I am come to sever a man from his father, and the daughter from her mother, and the daughter in law from her mother in law.
36 And the enemies of a man shall be those of his own household.
(Mic 7:5-6 referring to Dt 13:6)
37 The one loving father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and the one loving son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And the one not taking up his cross and following after me is not worthy of me.

As I have said before several times from the holy Testimony: the kingdom of Elohim is within you, (Luke 17:20,21). Everyone has "your father the Devil" and "your heavenly Father", (not just "the Jews" and "the Pharisees", O king, lol), and we are expected to cut off and cut away from that former spirit of the world and prince of the power of the air, the god of this world, and cleave away unto our heavenly Father by way of the only holy and approved Testimony of His Son the Messiah. You moreover have your "mother of harlots" who is in enmity against your "mother(covenant) Jerusalem of above", which Paul plainly says is an allegory, like Hagar -vs- Sarah, Ishmael -vs- Isaac, Esau -vs- Jacob, (twins, your old man nature and your new man in Messiah which at war in your heavens, (we wrestle not against flesh and blood, lol)), your "son of perdition" (Judas nature) -vs- the Son of Elohim, and so on and so on, the Flesh (mindset and nature) -vs- the Spirit (even the mind of Messiah). The Master therefore does not speak in terms of how you continue to speak: and because he quotes from Mic 7:5-6, and because that passage in turn references Dt 13:6, neither do those passages, the Prophet and the Torah passage, speak according to your carnal minded nature.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
The High Priest has two stones in his hidden pouch beneath the breastplate, the Urim and the Thummim, and the one is a white-light stone, (of approval), while the other is a stone of black light: be careful he does not give you what you came looking for, for he has all authority in the heavens and the earth to give to every man according to his deeds; and if the light that is in you be darkness, how great is that darkness.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Zenn

white-stone.JPG

We have one here already now, since I said these things, one who indeed speaks with the mouth of a lion, boasting great things such as raising the dead and calling down lightning from the heavens, and who at the same time blasphemes those among us who are tabernacling in the heavens: he has a king in his own little temple who raises the dead and calls down fire from the heavens in the sight of men; two horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon. Repent, Cobra, change your thinking and mindset, and stop accusing the Word before it is too late and you too start raising the dead and calling down fire from the heavens and claiming all the glory for yourself: for Elohim Most High does not give such power to those who will turn against Him and take the glory and honor all for themselves, but His Kohen after the order of Melki-Tzedek will give you what you ask for if you keep demanding it, the black-light stone of the blackness of the darkness forever, (Jude 1:13, Mat 6:23, 2Thes 2:9-10, 11-12, Rev 13:11,12,13).

Please note this time what I said about Mat 10:36 quoting Mic 7:5-6 which refers the reader back Dt 13:6, which in turn means that they all speak of the same thing because the Prophet Micah is expounding from Deuteronomy 13 while the Master is quoting Micah. If you understood this you would understand a whole lot more about what the Master indeed teaches and you would not have misapplied the passage which you quoted in your attempt to answer my question.

This is not about physical killing and putting people to death for being false prophets and dreamers of dreams: no, but rather the Master explains it and it is about mortifying or putting to death the falsehoods, evils, sins of the flesh, and foul spirits from yourself and your own "members" which are upon the land, the earth, your own habitation: even your own "household", just as the Master says in Mat 10:36. The following is therefore that kind of slaying, or putting to death, just as even Paul teaches because he also teaches the commandments of the Master:

Deuteronomy 13:1-9 KJV
1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
9 But thou shalt surely kill
[slay] him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

If you understood these words you would have never let that false prophet dreamer of dreams into your own house: but you did not test or try the spirits as we are admonished to do, (1Jhn 4:1, 2Jhn 1:10-11). Do you not know that the temple is the same as the house? Your body-temple is the house in the doctrine of the Teacher of Righteousness, O man:

Luke 11:24-26
24 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he traverses through dry-arid places, seeking rest: and finding none, he says, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
25 And when he comes, he finds it swept and garnished.
[with new idols]
26 Then he goes forth, and associates
[in league] unto himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Ephesians 2:1-3
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

And who shall live when El does this? as I said, if the Finger of Elohim was good enough to cleanse and heal Mary Magdalene then the same is no doubt good enough for me: but if the prince of the power of the air and unclean spirit of the world was never cast out of you to begin with then I suppose you need not worry about him returning from the dry-arid places of the desert with all your sins upon his mortally wounded head. :chuckle:

Zenn

No George.

One account has Jairus actually telling Jesus his daughter JUST DIED.

η (the) θυγατηρ (daughter) μου (of me) αρτι (just) ετελευτησεν (died).

But you wish to actually re-write the text of Matthew to make it look like Jairus said something else. You are creating your own account of the events because you cannot accept what is actually written.

η θυγατηρ μου αρτι ετελευτησεν

While he is speaking these things to them, lo, a ruler having come, was bowing to him, saying that 'My daughter just now died, but, having come, lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.' (Mat 9:18 YLT)

The issue isn't with what Jairus thought or knew, it's with what Jairus actually said, or more specifically, the contradiction in separate accounts with what Jairus actually said.

George,... they had Jairus say two different things that contradict. Obviously he didn't say both.

Mat.: λεγων οτι η θυγατηρ μου αρτι ετελευτησεν (G5053)

Mar.: λεγων οτι το θυγατριον μου εσχατως (G2079)

So did Jairus λεγων οτι (say) G5053? Or did Jairus say G2079?

An inerrant text cannot have two accounts of the same person using two completely different words. One is incorrect, and both accounts contradict. (But a text with errors most certainly can convey the same meaning.)

Adverbs modify verbs, George. You've focused on τελευτάω and forgot (or ignored) the adverb αρτι (LINK). αρτι indicates an actual instance in time. "The daughter of me just now died." Mat 9:18

Deal with it.

Zenn

PS: Deal with it, don't deny the truth and fabricate a fairy tale. When someone whose faith is based on inerrancy finally sees the truth, that faith will crumble. Have faith in God, not inerrant Holy Writings.

Zenn

I did not fully expound my understanding of that passage, as Glorydaz also has noted, but only showed you why your "plain sense" understanding of it is erroneous and how your own mindset breeds contradictions.
Right. You just go around telling everyone else how wrong they are and "not fully expound" your understanding.

Zenn

PS: daqq, you really shouldn't lean to your understanding, you know.

PPS: At least you're wise enough to Not fully expound your understanding, since it would only come out in incomprehensible daqq-enese.

daqq

Right. You just go around telling everyone else how wrong they are and "not fully expound" your understanding.

Zenn

PS: daqq, you really shouldn't lean to your understanding, you know.

PPS: At least you're wise enough to Not fully expound your understanding, since it would only come out in incomprehensible daqq-enese.

The things I know from the scripture I know from having first experienced them myself: and only then did the Master show them to me in the Word, (otherwise I would never have understood them). I am not guessing or speaking from ignorance like most of the people you run into and abuse because they cannot yet defend what they believe having not yet walked in the way long enough. Much of what I have said is already scattered throughout this thread in different topics we have discussed, (the finger of the chief Kohen is the Finger of Elohim, Lev 16:14 → Luk 11:20 : Lev 16:17 → Rev 15:8 : Atonement)

glorydaz

You have decided that because a screwdriver is useless for hammering in nails (or in spiritual terms, the law is useless at justifying or making one right with God) that the screwdriver is useless and needs to be thrown out of the toolbox.

No. The screwdriver (law) has a different purpose 1) to tell you what constitutes sin 2) to show you where you are deficient 3) to make you feel guilty

THE LAW CANNOT JUSTIFY.

Only faith in/of Jesus can.

Faith in/of Jesus is UTTERLY USELESS AT TELLING YOU WHAT SIN IS. That is not it's purpose. That's the law's purpose.

Paul throws nothing out of the toolbox, least of all the law. Rom 7:12
Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

That just shows how ignorant you are.

I've never once said the law should be thrown out of the "toolbox".

Keep up with your vain imaginings if it makes you feel smart.
You won't be any smarter for it, though.

glorydaz

And you are correct once again, George. :e4e:

glorydaz

Not at all. I have just been asking you about Jairus for pages and pages, as well as about other errors, and you never respond.

So I don’t feel an obligation to answer any of your off-the-topic questions until you do a little answering yourself.

Excuses excuses....that's all ya got, Sonnet.