Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He will write the law into the minds of his people Squeak. All ten of them. The intent of the laws is to show us how to love God and mankind. That is fulfilling the law. He knows our thoughts and will Judge us by them. Christ is returning for the folks who keep his laws and the testimony of his Son Jesus Christ.

Decide for yourself who you wish tofollow, there is a rest for the people of God.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

I said
I have been in that rest for 5 years now. I know all about it.

clefty

I said
Jesus taught us a whole new way. Jesus commanded us to stay in the new testament. Or you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

He actually reminded us that not all who cry LORD LORD will enter in but those that DO His Father's Will...which was laid out in the Old Testament...

What must we do to be saved was asked and "keep the commandments" was the answer...

II Jn 1:6-11
6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

Yup keep the commandments include the Sabbath...From the beginning was Sabbath...first full day Adam spent was a Sabbath...

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
the Father of the Old Testament and the Son in the new...notice He includes here His unchanging Father...
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Why you bring another doctrine that does not include the Father? Why do you add to the Word? Why do you remove from the Word? Why you so busy posting new threads all about everything but do just as He did...love just as He did?

Do NOT think He came to destroy the Law...includes even by fulfilling...

He was clear and specific...Pray that the Sabbath be kept...

clefty

I said
You are justifying clefty by supporting him. He says it is a law. You are agreeing with him so you are trying to justify keeping the Sabbath as one of the ten

I am the one that is saying it isn't a law to keep the Sabbath. It is ok to keep it or not keep it.

Rom 14:5-7
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
(NKJ)

You lie and deceive as this choose any day choose everyday is not of scripture...

This Romans 14 text is regarding FASTING and which day to do so...nothing about the Sabbath...

The law remains binding...not an option...something we wish to do as His yoke is easy...keep His commandments live and love JUST AS He did...if you love Him...

Keeping it reveals our gratitude and loyalty to which God we worship...the Lord of the Sabbath NOT the lord of do what thou wilt...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He actually reminded us that not all who cry LORD LORD will enter in but those that DO His Father's Will...which was laid out in the Old Testament...

What must we do to be saved was asked and "keep the commandments" was the answer...

Yup keep the commandments include the Sabbath...From the beginning was Sabbath...first full day Adam spent was a Sabbath...

the Father of the Old Testament and the Son in the new...notice He includes here His unchanging Father...

Why you bring another doctrine that does not include the Father? Why do you add to the Word? Why do you remove from the Word? Why you so busy posting new threads all about everything but do just as He did...love just as He did?

Do NOT think He came to destroy the Law...includes even by fulfilling...

He was clear and specific...Pray that the Sabbath be kept...

I said
You are evil the way you spread your heresy. Anyone who follows your deceptions will fall from grace. Your are trying to be justified by the old testament law.

Gal 5:1-7

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
(NKJ)

Gal 3:24-27
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Ben Masada

1 - Sabbath by definition covers two concepts: The first as a commandment and the second as a ritual.

2 - The Sabbath as a commandment has been from the beginning meant to all Mankind, Jews and Gentiles alike.

3 - The Sabbath as a ritual is for the Jews only that it may be a sign between HaShem and the Jews that they may know that the Lord is their God. (Ezekiel 20:12,20)

4 - The commandment about the Sabbath is to work six days regardless and rest on the seventh day regardless.

5 - The ritual about the Sabbath is to work six fixed and unchanged days and rest on the Sabbath within an unchanged weekly cycle.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1 - Sabbath by definition covers two concepts: The first as a commandment and the second as a ritual.

2 - The Sabbath as a commandment has been from the beginning meant to all Mankind, Jews and Gentiles alike.

3 - The Sabbath as a ritual is for the Jews only that it may be a sign between HaShem and the Jews that they may know that the Lord is their God. (Ezekiel 20:12,20)

4 - The commandment about the Sabbath is to work six days regardless and rest on the seventh day regardless.

5 - The ritual about the Sabbath is to work six fixed and unchanged days and rest on the Sabbath within an unchanged weekly cycle.

I said
Thank you that is what I have been saying. But it is a commandment for the Jew and an option for the Christian.

clefty

I said
You are evil the way you spread your heresy. Anyone who follows your deceptions will fall from grace. Your are trying to be justified by the old testament law.

Gal 5:1-7

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
(NKJ)

Gal 3:24-27
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Lol...fall from grace? It was faith and grace first already and even in the OT

Israel kept the law because they were made Israel not to become Israel LOL...

Those that wished to join wanted and wished to do as Israel did...

Squeaky do you do sports?

I play tennis and I love tennis but I love the game not the rules...

I understand that the rules improve the game and wish to keep them to play the game to its fullest...

This applies to the spiritual realm as well...we keep the rules because we love the game...it helps us make sense of what and why we love the game so much...and how it improves our lives...

He played it perfectly and I only wish to play as good as I can...with His help because He did too...

Love the game squeaky, its finest player did and loved it and wants to help us enjoy it too...the rules are not a burden...

And He will only help you if you Love Him cuz He played da perfect game...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Lol...fall from grace? It was faith and grace first already and even in the OT

Israel kept the law because they were made Israel not to become Israel LOL...

Those that wished to join wanted and wished to do as Israel did...

Squeaky do you do sports?

I play tennis and I love tennis but I love the game not the rules...

I understand that the rules improve the game and wish to keep them to play the game to its fullest...

This applies to the spiritual realm as well...we keep the rules because we love the game...it helps us make sense of what and why we love the game so much...and how it improves our lives...

He played it perfectly and I only wish to play as good as I can...with His help because He did too...

Love the game squeaky, its finest player did and loved it and wants to help us enjoy it too...the rules are not a burden...

And He will only help you if you Love Him cuz He played da perfect game...

I said
ROFLOL your away out there in la la land with a wild imagination. But if you ask I'm sure the Lord can clean you up. Because you need lots of help.

clefty

I said
ROFLOL your away out there in la la land with a wild imagination. But if you ask I'm sure the Lord can clean you up. Because you need lots of help.

Yeah you are right imagining you active and playing sports is way out there...you would make up your own rules or run home with you ball if you were losing....

Regret you have such an aversion to rules and authority...a real rebel you are...independent and proud...do what you want when you want...

No loyalty or desire to resemble one who wears the yoke of heaven

clefty

The irony is of all the commandments Remember the Sabbath day one is the only one that in the Decalogue itself lists nonisraelites and instructs foreigners to keep it and benefit from it...

Even in the New Testament of all the commandments only the Sabbath was instructed to be prayed for, that it was specifically kept into the future even after He returned to heaven...

And of all the commandments He basis and derives His authority on it and from it when He calls Himself Lord of the Sabbath...it is His...He made it and stole it back from the Pharisees modeling how it was intended to be kept...and instructing we do as He did...

No Sunday Ham in His life or love...

But "go and sin no more"...not just believe and be baptized...

and the final irony is all this torture and rejection of truth and spirit by Christians is to avoid a day off...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yeah you are right imagining you active and playing sports is way out there...you would make up your own rules or run home with you ball if you were losing....

Regret you have such an aversion to rules and authority...a real rebel you are...independent and proud...do what you want when you want...

No loyalty or desire to resemble one who wears the yoke of heaven

I said
lolo That won't work. You cant pass all your personal qualities off on me. I showed you all the rules in the new testament. You rejected the law of Jesus in favor of the old testament law.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The irony is of all the commandments Remember the Sabbath day one is the only one that in the Decalogue itself lists nonisraelites and instructs foreigners to keep it and benefit from it...

Even in the New Testament of all the commandments only the Sabbath was instructed to be prayed for, that it was specifically kept into the future even after He returned to heaven...

And of all the commandments He basis and derives His authority on it and from it when He calls Himself Lord of the Sabbath...it is His...He made it and stole it back from the Pharisees modeling how it was intended to be kept...and instructing we do as He did...

No Sunday Ham in His life or love...

But "go and sin no more"...not just believe and be baptized...

and the final irony is all this torture and rejection of truth and spirit by Christians is to avoid a day off...

I said
Lies all lies. That is heresy.

clefty

I said
lolo That won't work. You cant pass all your personal qualities off on me. I showed you all the rules in the new testament. You rejected the law of Jesus in favor of the old testament law.

The law of Jesus is to do as He did and He did what His Father's law is...

As John said you get a two for one deal when you keep either the "old" or "new"

Law...they are the same...the Son changed NOTHING even by fulfilling the Law and destroying its debt and condemnation not the Law itself...

You add to the word by insisting the law of Christ is something new or different or added to His Father's will His Law...

And there is nothing there from Him and only distorted scripture and wishful misuse of it to deny otherwise...

A complete argument from silence...

Pray the Sabbath is kept is what He instructed...

I know you wish still to keep the other 9 just not that Sabbath one...lol

John 15:9-11 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Same 10 NOTHING new added NOTHING removed

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The law of Jesus is to do as He did and He did what His Father's law is...

As John said you get a two for one deal when you keep either the "old" or "new"

Law...they are the same...the Son changed NOTHING even by fulfilling the Law and destroying its debt and condemnation not the Law itself...

You add to the word by insisting the law of Christ is something new or different or added to His Father's will His Law...

And there is nothing there from Him and only distorted scripture and wishful misuse of it to deny otherwise...

A complete argument from silence...

Pray the Sabbath is kept is what He instructed...

I know you wish still to keep the other 9 just not that Sabbath one...lol

John 15:9-11 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Same 10 NOTHING new added NOTHING removed

I said
Your a liar. lolo And weird.

clefty

I said
Your a liar. lolo And weird.

Liar? Weird?

What is a lie and weird is that you think He doesn't want to restore us back to how it was in the garden of Eden before this detour caused by man thinking he knew better and could choose whatever...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Liar? Weird?

What is a lie and weird is that you think He doesn't want to restore us back to how it was in the garden of Eden before this detour caused by man thinking he knew better and could choose whatever...

I said
ROFLOL you are the detour. Look at what your doing. You come up with all these weird ideas. You don't have any proof of anything you say. You don't answer any questions. You have no dialogue just dictatorship. That is weird to anyone. lololo But you.

keypurr

Liar? Weird?

He does not wish to see what we see.

clefty

He does not wish to see what we see.

Alas yes perhaps it is a wish...

I am grateful he persists however, as it does provide me a chance to talk about the Sabbath...

I am interested in your story into it as it sounds as if finding the Sabbath was a big change for you...

I myself grew into it as I found groups on the internet so adamantly opposed to it...made me curious...

I have become convinced that beyond attaining heaven and all its joys...keeping the Law as per instruction makes sense and provides well being already here on earth...like the Sabbath is a blessing now as it points to the good things to come...