Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I speak only of the intent of the TEN friend.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

I said
But all ten wasn't brought over to the new testament. Keeping the Sabbath wasn't brought over. Ask yourself why? When the new testament tells us, that if we keep just one thing in the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament we can fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Only the TEN survived the cross.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

I said
No not all ten. Sabbath keeping didn't make it past the cross.

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I do not think that is what Squeak is talking about. He has discarded the Ten as no longer needed. The Sabbath is listed before killing, stealing, lying, etc. The Sabbath is part of the love God with all your heart. If you love some one, you please them. If you love God then you will keep his seventh day Sabbath. Simple.

I said
Your wrong I haven't discarded the nine. only the one.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"Think not..." means exactly that He did NOT come to destroy or alter or end the law by fulfilling it...

He can do NOTHING of Himself but everything in accordance to His Father's will...

He kept His Father's will and remained in His love and asked that we do the same...

NOTHING contrary or to alter or abrogate His Law was added by Him...

You only reject 1 of the 10...

The one He establishes Himself as Lord by...Lord of the Sabbath...who instructed prayers be said that during future times of trouble the Sabbath would be kept...

John the revelatory understands clearly "here are they that keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus..."

One Law same Law...

I said
Its easy for you to distort the truth if you don't ever post the truth. Quote the truth. That way you can pervert it with just bits and pieces of the truth. Jesus didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill. And He did fulfill it. And He taught us how to fulfill it.

Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What we do, we do for him, not us.

My life would have been a lot easier and more comfortable if I did not wish to please my God. But the price paid was worth the battle.

I said
If you truly want to please the Lord follow the rules of believing. Don't think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
But all ten wasn't brought over to the new testament. Keeping the Sabbath wasn't brought over. Ask yourself why? When the new testament tells us, that if we keep just one thing in the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament we can fall from grace.

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

When are you going to understand that I am not discussing being justified by the law. The law will not save you. It is grace that will be given to those of his choosing. I am not free to break his law, or any part of his law. That would not please my God. And it would be against what I am. For to me to live is Christ, to follow his footsteps, his guidence.

Friend, you can not pick and choose which of the Ten you wish to keep. Break any one of them is sin. It is really ONE LAW, not ten. I understand your point as I was there many years ago. But I made a very unpopular decision to please God over family and friends.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This Sabbath keeper thinks sin is a transgression of the Ten. One can worship any day but God says to remember his Sabbath. It is listed in the Ten before the do not murder, or do not steal commands. The Sabbath is showing that you know who the creator is.

I said
Jesus did not bring it over to the new testament.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
When are you going to understand that I am not discussing being justified by the law. The law will not save you. It is grace that will be given to those of his choosing. I am not free to break his law, or any part of his law. That would not please my God. And it would be against what I am. For to me to live is Christ, to follow his footsteps, his guidence.

Friend, you can not pick and choose which of the Ten you wish to keep. Break any one of them is sin. It is really ONE LAW, not ten. I understand your point as I was there many years ago. But I made a very unpopular decision to please God over family and friends.

I said
Jesus came to deliver you from the condemnation of the old testament law. And your putting yourself and all to talk to right back under it.

1 Cor 10:23
23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
No not all ten. Sabbath keeping didn't make it past the cross.

18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Read verse 19 again. Your taking away words that are written.

None of the Ten were on the cross!
Only the handwritten ordinances were.

Jesus disagrees with you friend, so does Paul.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You are justifying clefty by supporting him. He says it is a law. You are agreeing with him so you are trying to justify keeping the Sabbath as one of the ten commandments-law.

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

I am the one that is saying it isn't a law to keep the Sabbath. It is ok to keep it or not keep it.

Rom 14:5-7
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
Jesus came to deliver you from the condemnation of the old testament law. And your putting yourself and all to talk to right back under it.

1 Cor 10:23
23All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

And what is the new covenant?

I will write the law in their minds and hearts.

The ten will save no one Squeak. But breaking them is still sin.
Why are promoting sin?
Jesus said to repent and sin no more.
Keeping the ten is an easy thing to do when you love God and his Son.

They are spiritually kept from the heart.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Read verse 19 again. Your taking away words that are written.

None of the Ten were on the cross!
Only the handwritten ordinances were.

Jesus disagrees with you friend, so does Paul.

I said
What do you think these are?

Exod 20:1-16

1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
(KJV)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Why are promoting sin?

I said
The definition of the word covenant is testament. The definition of the word testament is covenant.

2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Why are promoting sin?

I said
The heart is the intent of a thought. I don't even understand the context your using the word.

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Jesus did not bring it over to the new testament.

LOL...not only was it brought over it was the only one specifically instructed that it be kept long after He returned to heaven...

"Pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath"

He is Lord of the Sabbath NOT He was Lord of the Sabbath...do as He did

clefty

I said
The definition of the word covenant is testament. The definition of the word testament is covenant.

2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

And as the second covenant was signed by His blood He died... His followers hurried to keep the Sabbath...NOTHING changed...He rested too and was refreshed...rose ready for the day of first fruits to be approved by His Father

HalleluYah

The condemnation of the law was done away with...not the Law it remains to point out sin and our need of Him to give us grace...is why we wish to be loyal and faithful to show our gratitude and estsblish the law wherever we go...to declare Him in word and deed...

Besides if there was indeed no longer a Law what need of a savior do following generations have?

No law no sin...

keypurr

I said
What do you think these are?

Exod 20:1-16

1And God spake all these words, saying,
2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13Thou shalt not kill.
14Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15Thou shalt not steal.
16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
(KJV)

These were written by God, not man.

There is a difference. The 600 went to the cross, not the ten. The veil in the temple was rent in two, the old system died. Jesus taught us to honor his Father's law not pick and choose which to do.

keypurr

I said
The heart is the intent of a thought. I don't even understand the context your using the word.

Heb 4:12-13
12For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

He will write the law into the minds of his people Squeak. All ten of them. The intent of the laws is to show us how to love God and mankind. That is fulfilling the law. He knows our thoughts and will Judge us by them. Christ is returning for the folks who keep his laws and the testimony of his Son Jesus Christ.

Decide for yourself who you wish tofollow, there is a rest for the people of God.

clefty

Yup...

we still need grace as the law remains and it will be used on the final judgement day...

And like in the church in the wilderness it will be One Law for native and foreigner...

And as Isaiah says of the new workd...from new moon to new moon from Sabbath to Sabbath they will come to worship...

Glad we are rehearsing now for then when God willing we can join and praise

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
These were written by God, not man.

There is a difference. The 600 went to the cross, not the ten. The veil in the temple was rent in two, the old system died. Jesus taught us to honor his Father's law not pick and choose which to do.

I said
Jesus taught us a whole new way. Jesus commanded us to stay in the new testament. Or you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

II Jn 1:6-11
6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)