Rotating sheet ice in Washington state.

Gary K

Banned
The bathrooms?
Yeah, the bathrooms are so busy that the toilets are constantly being flushed so many times that they produce a trail of water hundreds of miles long. You've never read the stories of airliner bathrooms being flushed a big chunks of sewer ice fall to the ground and hit towns along their route?

Gary K

Banned
It's not just heat that does it, Gary.

Condensation is when vapor molecules get closer to each other.

That can be achieved either by hot air meeting cold (for example, on the side of your chilled drink, where the warm ambient air meets the cold surface of your beverage, and condenses) or by rapid compression of a vapor (such as a fast moving object hitting the molecules, causing them to collide with the others quicker than they can dissipate, most noticable with jets that can break the speed of sound) particularly at higher altitudes where temperatures are colder and pressures are lower.
That turns to ice. There was a story a few years ago of a jetliner dropping out of the sky when a pitot tube plugged with ice in clouds and the Airbus plane fell unto the ocean because the pitot tubes are the speed sensors and on the new airliners are completely run by computer. By the time the pilots figured out what was happening they were so close to the ocean they dove right into it trying to build enough speed to climb.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What a comparison natural clouds with a small amount of condensation from a turbine engine.

Here is an explanation of contrails.

There's your answer.

There are no "chemtrails," Gary. Only contrails.

You've never read the stories of airliner bathrooms being flushed a big chunks of sewer ice fall to the ground and hit towns along their route?

Yes, there was an entire Mythbusters episode on it.

That turns to ice.

Yes, sometimes. And sometimes those ice crystals can remain aloft for a VERY long time.

Gary K

Banned
BTW, I'm very familiar with the physics of this as I was a refrigeration and AC tech for 20 years. Condensation due to temperature drop is part of the physics of a refrigeration system.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
BTW, I'm very familiar with the physics of this as I was a refrigeration and AC tech for 20 years. Condensation due to temperature drop is part of the physics of a refrigeration system.

Good for you.

Gary K

Banned
There's your answer.

Yes, sometimes. And sometimes those ice crystals can remain aloft for a VERY long time.
And when they are in the form of ice they are invisible from the ground. It's only when water is in it's vapor state that a contrail is visible. And that doesn't last long at the very low temps at 35.000 - 40,000 feet of altitude. That's 56 degrees below 0 at 35,000 feet.

Gary K

Banned
There's your answer.

Remember it said that normally the water vapor is invisible.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Remember it said that normally the water vapor is invisible.

"Normally" implies that there are circumstances when it IS visible.

From the article you linked to:

Cold air can hold a lot less moisture than warm air, so in the winter, when the moisture in your breath hits the cold air, the moisture condenses into a visible cloud.

The same thing happens when a jet engine "exhales." If the temperature, winds and humidity in the upper atmosphere are right, long, white contrails form when the moisture in the exhaust condenses.

Gary K

Banned
"Normally" implies that there are circumstances when it IS visible.

From the article you linked to:

Cold air can hold a lot less moisture than warm air, so in the winter, when the moisture in your breath hits the cold air, the moisture condenses into a visible cloud.

The same thing happens when a jet engine "exhales." If the temperature, winds and humidity in the upper atmosphere are right, long, white contrails form when the moisture in the exhaust condenses.

And most of the rime it isn't.

Take a look a the following 2 minute video

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

[MEDTIA=youtube]iK9nVR9H34g, list: PLwfFtDFZDpwulG0PJ9IID0iypsRXDSa1E[/MEDIA]

Might want to redo your post...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Watched, or skipped rather, through the video. Dude was WAY too melodramatic. He's trying to sell his viewers on his opinions which have no basis in fact.

What is depicted in the video footage is exactly what I was saying earlier, where a fast moving object colliding with molecules in the air and disturbs them, causing droplets to form.

It's not some covert program to "seed the atmosphere" or what have you.

It's simple physics.

Gary K

Banned
Watched, or skipped rather, through the video. Dude was WAY too melodramatic. He's trying to sell his viewers on his opinions which have no basis in fact.

What is depicted in the video footage is exactly what I was saying earlier, where a fast moving object colliding with molecules in the air and disturbs them, causing droplets to form.

It's not some covert program to "seed the atmosphere" or what have you.

It's simple physics.
I'm sorry you're that close minded.

Here's another video that supposedly backs up your position. I'll debunk it right here.

With an estimated speed of a Boeing 737 at 500 mph which is slower than it's actual cruising speed it travels 2,640,000 feet per hour. In the video you'll see that each of it's 4 engines creates 115 pounds of water/minute. Each gallon of water weighs 8.34 lbs. In one minute a 737 travels 44,000 feet. That's 8.33 miles. Now divide the lbs of water by 8.33 and we get the gallons of water created per minute, 13.789 gallons per minute. That works out 1.655 gallons/mile. That is .000934 gallons of water per yard of travel.

And that amount of water created is supposed to create the massive contrails?

Airbus's planes have very similar specs as their cruising speeds and engines are very similar although they are just a tad faster than Boeings.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm sorry you're that close minded.

I'm sorry that you're so open-minded that your... ew.. that's gross... what's that grey matter oozing out your ears?! Is that your brain? EW!

And that amount of water created is supposed to create the massive contrails?

You're begging the question that they are "massive." They are not.

Massive implies having lots of mass, high density.

Water vapor is not. If it was, it would just fall out of the sky.

The vapor trails are large, certainly. But massive they are not.

Yes, that amount of water DOES create those large contrails, because that's all that's needed.

Gary K

Banned
I'm sorry that you're so open-minded that your... ew.. that's gross... what's that grey matter oozing out your ears?! Is that your brain? EW!

You're begging the question that they are "massive." They are not.

Massive implies having lots of mass, high density.

Water vapor is not. If it was, it would just fall out of the sky.

The vapor trails are large, certainly. But massive they are not.

Yes, that amount of water DOES create those large contrails, because that's all that's needed.
Sorry you're so closed minded. I won't be answering further posts of yours on this thread as it is fruitless.