Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

Rosenritter

I bet I can guess the one he will reject...most Christians do and is why they even get MAD...so as to avoid it

Do you want to take a shot at this Clefty? You're not talking about the commandment to abstain from grapes or raisins, are you?

Rosenritter

Then can you give an examples of obedience to the commandments of God and Christ?

1 John 5:3 KJV
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

All that are "In Christ" are righteous in God's eyes. The law does not produce righteousness. The law causes sin, Romans 7:7-12. This is why Jesus abolished it for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15.

You aren't answering the question. Come now, let's be constructive? I practically handed an answer to you there.

john w

Hall of Fame
If Jesus "abolished" the law at the cross.... why does Paul tell us that we are not under the law in Romans?

It's a real question.

In other words, if there is no law ... why tell us that we are not under it?

And he butchers, corrupts, the meaning of words- "abolished it for the Christian"=irrational mumbo jumbo, as the law either exists, or it does not, so this "abolished for (fill in the blank)" is a nonsensical, irrational, demon induced clown statement.

And Ephesians 2:15 KJV, despite this deceiver's continued assertion, says no such thing, despite him spamming it on every other post.

Pate: The law leads the lost to Christ, and shows the lost what sin is, TODAY, as it has in the past, and tells saved ones, that they are not under the law, even though the law no longer exists.

This is the lunacy of this fraud, who will not be corrected, and needs to be strapped into a straight jacket.

Paul, addressing Christians/saints, right out of the law, that, according to Pate, no longer exists for Christians, as Paul asserts that the law is good, spiritual, not void(as the problem is with us, not the law):

__________________________________________________________________________________
Ephesians 6 KJV

2 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)

Exodus 20 KJV
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Deuteronomy 5 KJV

16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Deuteronomy 19 KJV
19 then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.

Exodus 32 KJV
6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

And on, and on, and on........

Pate: Stop it Paul!!! Quit instructing out of the law, as it no longer exists, was abolished/destroyed/eliminated FOR CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The law is not good, is not spiritual, is made void, as it is the problem, not us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
__________________________________________________________________________________
Romans 15:4 KJV
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

The Old Covenant has been abolished...The Old Testament has been abolished....

=satanic

Last edited:

Rosenritter

There is an order to the names and there are the names. Thaddaeus and Judas of James are apparently the same person.

Thank you.

So that would be the same Lebbaeus Thaddaeus (Matthew 10:3), Thaddaeus (Mark 3:18), and Judas the brother of James (Acts 1:13?)

It isn't uncommon for multiple gospels to offer complementary information that piece together in agreement. Other gospels also indicate that there is more than one Judas when it specifies "Judas surnamed Iscariot" (Luke 23:3) and again with "Judas, not Iscariot" (John 14:22) It might not be surprising that the other apostle named Judas might want to be known by his other names after the infamy earned by the Judas surnamed Iscariot.

Do you know anyone else that is known by more than one name? I have two given names and a family surname, in addition to others and I might go by one name or a combination depending on the situation. It isn't that uncommon. Paul (Saul) had multiple names, Jacob (Israel) had multiple names. Even God goes by quite a few different names and titles.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thank you.

So that would be the same Lebbaeus Thaddaeus (Matthew 10:3), Thaddaeus (Mark 3:18), and Judas the brother of James (Acts 1:13?)

It isn't uncommon for multiple gospels to offer complementary information that piece together in agreement. Other gospels also indicate that there is more than one Judas when it specifies "Judas surnamed Iscariot" (Luke 23:3) and again with "Judas, not Iscariot" (John 14:22) It might not be surprising that the other apostle named Judas might want to be known by his other names after the infamy earned by the Judas surnamed Iscariot.

Do you know anyone else that is known by more than one name? I have two given names and a family surname, in addition to others and I might go by one name or a combination depending on the situation. It isn't that uncommon. Paul (Saul) had multiple names, Jacob (Israel) had multiple names. Even God goes by quite a few different names and titles.

One of your references may be incorrect. Also, you do use the NKJV which reads different. However, different names would be a different solution, albeit consistent with the Bible is the Word of God, inspired and inerrant, different from saying that there was a change. Listen to Steve Gregg's answer today on The Narrow Path here. I was the second caller. December 18th.

clefty

Do you want to take a shot at this Clefty? You're not talking about the commandment to abstain from grapes or raisins, are you?

LOL ... naw not that one

All this is about the Sabbath...scripture is abused and Paul is tortured to avoid the Sabbath

Despite his instructing crowding gentiles to come back the next Sabbath to hear more

and NOT “meet me at mars hill for Sunday services to hear Moses read to you”

Gentiles became so crowding they had to establish some fellowship protocol and resorted to the OT requirements for gentiles to be blessed with them...back there when the church was in the wilderness as Stephen reminded them

Back there when “My house shall be a house of prayer for all nations”

Apparently Paul lied when he wrote the cross destroyed the wall separating jew from gentile and made a new creature of the two...

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
And he butchers, corrupts, the meaning of words- "abolished it for the Christian"=irrational mumbo jumbo, as the law either exists, or it does not, so this "abolished for (fill in the blank)" is a nonsensical, irrational, demon induced clown statement.

And Ephesians 2:15 KJV, despite this deceiver's continued assertion, says no such thing, despite him spamming it on every other post.

Pate: The law leads the lost to Christ, and shows the lost what sin is, TODAY, as it has in the past, and tells saved ones, that they are not under the law, even though the law no longer exists.

This is the lunacy of this fraud, who will not be corrected, and needs to be strapped into a straight jacket.

Paul, addressing Christians/saints, right out of the law, that, according to Pate, no longer exists for Christians, as Paul asserts that the law is good, spiritual, not void(as the problem is with us, not the law):

Ephesians 6 KJV

2 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)

Exodus 20 KJV
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Deuteronomy 5 KJV

16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Deuteronomy 19 KJV
19 then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.

Exodus 32 KJV
6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

Pate: Stop it Paul!!! Quit instructing out of the law, as it no longer exists, was abolished/destroyed/eliminated FOR CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The law is not good, is not spiritual, is made void, as it is the problem, not us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
Romans 15:4 KJV
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

=satanic

The law has only been abolished for Christians, Romans 7:6. Religious reprobates like yourself will be judged by it.

Rosenritter

One of your references may be incorrect. Also, you do use the NKJV which reads different. However, different names would be a different solution, albeit consistent with the Bible is the Word of God, inspired and inerrant, different from saying that there was a change. Listen to Steve Gregg's answer today on The Narrow Path here. I was the second caller. December 18th.

I guarantee I am not using an NKJV. Theology Online may try to interpret unlabeled references and provide NKJV notes but I consistently use KJV unless stated otherwise.

But how would there being a change be consistent with what Jesus said here?

John 17:12 KJV
(12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Jesus made specific mention of losing one and one only.

john w

Hall of Fame
The law has only been abolished for Christians, Romans 7:6. Religious reprobates like yourself will be judged by it.

You lied, you demon possessed, irrational lunatic, as there is no such thing, word butcher, corrupter of words, as "abolished" for some, "un abolished" for others, as TOL laughs at you clown.

Judged by a law, that does not exist, dementia stricken one?

Liar:

Ephesians 6 KJV

Exodus 20 KJV

Deuteronomy 5 KJV

Deuteronomy 19 KJV

Exodus 32 KJV

Tell all of TOL, why you lied, Pate, continue to lie, as members of the boc, including Paul, call you a wicked liar.

Romans 7 KJV
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Pate: We are delivered from a law, that does not exist-dementia

Pate-ism Romans 7
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that law being abolished; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

=satanic

Last edited:

glorydaz

I think you should stop saying that those in Christ do not need obedience to Christ. The opposite of obedience is disobedience, and disobedience to God is also the sin of rebellion, which we are told is as the sin of witchcraft.

You're missing the point. There is obedience to the commandments, which you advocate, and the obedience of faith, which you claim is the same thing.

glorydaz

2 Timothy 3:15-17 KJV
(15) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I think it is more likely that you do not understand the book of James and justification by faith.

You shouldn't try to teach what you, yourself, do not understand. :popcorn:

Rosenritter

LOL ... naw not that one

All this is about the Sabbath...scripture is abused and Paul is tortured to avoid the Sabbath

I can think of a lot of commandments (such as avoiding grapes, cutting hair, marrying a prostitute, building a specific altar on a threshing floor, sacrificing one's only son of promise) that were indeed commandments of God but applicable only within a specific context or to specific individuals... thus the allusion to the Nazarite vow.

Sabbaths were a specific commandment to a specific people under the umbrella of a specific covenant. Most of us are not that people and the old covenant has been replaced with a covenant new. Paul does seem to indicate that sabbaths were not a big deal and that one wasn't to be judged with whether they respected sabbath days or not (Col 2:16) ... these were shadows of things to come, but the body is of Christ.

Despite his instructing crowding gentiles to come back the next Sabbath to hear more

Nothing wrong with listening to Paul on a sabbath day or any other day.

and NOT “meet me at mars hill for Sunday services to hear Moses read to you”

Where would the Gentiles have normally thought to go in order to hear of the salvation of the Jews? I bet they would have thought, "Jewish... sounds like the synagogue would be the place to go?" I doubt that they could have looked up the information on their iPhone.

Gentiles became so crowding they had to establish some fellowship protocol and resorted to the OT requirements for gentiles to be blessed with them...back there when the church was in the wilderness as Stephen reminded them

Back there when “My house shall be a house of prayer for all nations”

Apparently Paul lied when the cross destroyed the wall separating jew from gentile and made a new creature of the two...

I don't think I understand your reference there.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I guarantee I am not using an NKJV. Theology Online may try to interpret unlabeled references and provide NKJV notes but I consistently use KJV unless stated otherwise.

But how would there being a change be consistent with what Jesus said here?

John 17:12 KJV
(12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Jesus made specific mention of losing one and one only.

I have not said anything about losing more than one.

john w

Hall of Fame

Romans 3:31 KJV Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Why are you lying Pate? Pauls says "we,", i.e., Christians, do not make void the law.

Tell all of TOL the motivation for your lying.

clefty

I can think of a lot of commandments (such as avoiding grapes, cutting hair, marrying a prostitute, building a specific altar on a threshing floor, sacrificing one's only son of promise) that were indeed commandments of God but applicable only within a specific context or to specific individuals... thus the allusion to the Nazarite vow.
oh phew...that dont eat worms one was too hard for people to keep anyway

Sabbaths were a specific commandment to a specific people under the umbrella of a specific covenant.
is what most christians argue...and yet they accept the other 9

and despite the Sabbath one being the ONLY commandment that specifies it applies to non natives...

Most of us are not that people and the old covenant has been replaced with a covenant new.
oh? That new covenant was a will and testament that was taught and modelled by the testator...they killed Him and now that last Will and Testament of Yahushua is signed by His blood and SEALED by His death...

NO FURTHER CHANGES ARE POSSIBLE AT HIS DEATH

Paul does seem to indicate that sabbaths were not a big deal and that one wasn't to be judged with whether they respected sabbath days or not (Col 2:16) ... these were shadows of things to come, but the body is of Christ.
Paul does seem? Really?...He writes let no one but the body of Christ judge you in these things...Sabbaths ARE a shadow Paul writes...present tense...notice he did NOT write they “were” past tense...

Nothing wrong with listening to Paul on a sabbath day or any other day.
James was referring to the fact that gentiles were EAGER to meet on Sabbaths and NOT given another day to assemble in this NEW COVENANT age... just given some fellowship houserules including kosher laws even...

Where would the Gentiles have normally thought to go in order to hear of the salvation of the Jews? I bet they would have thought, "Jewish... sounds like the synagogue would be the place to go?" I doubt that they could have looked up the information on their iPhone.
and meeting on Sabbath was NOT a problem for them but it was for later christians who then changed it...DESPITE THE NEW TESTAMENT SEALED BY THE DEATH OF THE TESTATOR

I don't think I understand your reference there.

Stephen speaks of Yahushua being with the church in the wilderness Acts 7:28

A direct thread throughout and for ALL

The other reference was the Act 15 council which stipulated fellowship protocol for these crowding gentiles...not ONE reference to the OT being done and NOT APPLYING TO THEM

Instead they used OT guides to again live with believing gentiles...

The last reference is being the cross destroying the wall between jew and gentile IN HIM...and we all citizens of Israel now grafted in...to replace rejected branches...

You do know that one yes?