Researcher shows that black holes do not exist

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How do you propose a black hole would lose matter (except via the slow Hawking radiation process)?

take a class like this one.
C161. Relativistic Astrophysics and Cosmology. (4) Three hours of lecture and one hour of discussion per week. Prerequisites: Physics 110A-110B; Physics 112 (may be taken concurrently). Formerly C160B and Astronomy C160B. Elements of general relativity. Physics of pulsars, cosmic rays, black holes. The cosmological distance scale, elementary cosmological models, properties of galaxies and quasars. The mass density and age of the universe. Evidence for dark matter and dark energy and concepts of the early universe and of galaxy formation. Reflections on astrophysics as a probe of the extrema of physics. Also listed as Astronomy C161. (SP) Boggs, Davis, Holzapfel, A. Lee, Ma, Quataert

Sandycane

Now it makes even less sense to me, how does showing some super novas do not create black holes rectify gravity with relativity and QM?

Special relativity gives room for non locality to help explain but there is not a lot of evidence for that as of yet.

"You talking to me?" :rotfl:
Sorry, I'm mostly a speculator when it comes to "black holes, gravity, relativity and QM"
It all fascinates me, but I haven't studied any of it enough to even attempt to express a legitimate opinion on the subject.

JosephR

"You talking to me?" :rotfl:
Sorry, I'm mostly a speculator when it comes to "black holes, gravity, relativity and QM"
It all fascinates me, but I haven't studied any of it enough to even attempt to express a legitimate opinion on the subject.

Anyone who cares to comment, I am a home study physics novice , just a hobby. I love the implications of the hiezenburg problem an Schrödinger's cat thought experiment , stuff like that.. Nice to meet you.

gcthomas

Another notion is if gravity was great enough to condense matter, it would also lose matter and that would make the gravity less.

So, how does this work then?

(Suggesting a physics course doesn't help me understand which physical processes you are referring to. I've taken enough already. ;))