RELIGION: Man's attempt to become like God.

Epoisses

If you're not convicted to observe the Sabbath then don't, however there remains a Sabbath rest for God's people. (Hebrews 4:9)

That we enter by faith in Christ. The old day was a shadow of the new rest.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matt. 11:28-30

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
God gives to every believer in his Son Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit. It is the purpose of the Holy Spirit to make us witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. It is not the purpose of the Holy Spirit to make us holy. We are called to live our lives before God as sinners. saved sinners. This is why Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

You cannot be an effective witness for Christ if you present yourself to the unsaved as being holy. They will see right through that and label you a hypocrite, which you are.

Oh man.... I'm in agreement.

Proclamation of Righteousness in our flesh, not only removes glory from Jesus, but sets people up as witnessing from a... I used to be like you stance.

Which yields people who create an elite system of self righteousness with the caveat of Jesus dying in His flesh as the perfect sacrifice, because we can be perfect as He is perfect by the aid of the Holy Spirit. This almost ads up until you really realize that Satans first few phrases included.... You will be like God, knowing good and evil.

The problem is, only God is blameless though He "knows" good and evil.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Does faith negate the law?

By no means, but thanks be to Jesus Christ who fulfilled it to the very letter, that we might be United in Love, instead of divided by the slavery of the condemnation that abides in the ministry of death etched in stone.

Oh Death where is thy sting, thy sting is in sin and the power behind sin is the law.

Thanks be to Jesus Christ who was condemned by the law, ultimately by the one who accused by the law unto death, only to rise up free of charge, thus bringing back condemnation to the accuser by the law who falsely accused per the law, with specific consequences for falsely accusing.

And yet even Michael didn't judge the accuser, for only God can Judge, and He Judges differently than we judge. (Yay)

Perhaps a Rolling Stones song would be funny here....

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Satan is the instigator of FALSE religion. His goal was to turn man away from God and TRUE worship of God thus establishing false worship to himself.

The book of James lays out stipulations for Pure Religion, and none of it involves the divided, bickering house of belief propagation that exists today.

James 1:
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

And how can we keep ourselves spotless, perhaps Jesus perfect robe of righteousness that He provided at unimaginable cost, to us poor, blind beggars, dressed in rags.

In Him are we sanctified. Man what a Love debt we owe to all!

It has been infiltrated on every level to encourage self righteousness, and condemn any not allied directly with its man determined precepts.

What if church was a bunch of people that didn't hold the same beliefs, could co exist and dispensed love assistance to many forms of need. And.... It stopped there and kept on going.

It is in places and pockets, but it gets shut down as fast as it lines up as such. And shocker, by religious people many times.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

As in Hebrews 4:11.

Jamie, I misunderstood...

As far as what it means.

Some say to observe the Sabbath,

Others say it is to Rest in The Lord of the Sabbath.

Please disregard my previous tear out statement. I spoke in error, by misunderstanding what you meant.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, I misunderstood...

No problem, I'll explain why the weekly Sabbath foreshadows a greater Sabbath.

In Genesis 2:3 we think of the Sabbath in the context of a twenty-four hour day, but in 2 Peter 3:8 another context for Sabbath is given.

The will be a millennial Sabbath for God's people. (Hebrews 4:9)

Those who do not respect the weekly Sabbath will not be required to attend the millennial Sabbath.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
No problem, I'll explain why the weekly Sabbath foreshadows a greater Sabbath.

In Genesis 2:3 we think of the Sabbath in the context of a twenty-four hour day, but in 2 Peter 3:8 another context for Sabbath is given.

The will be a millennial Sabbath for God's people. (Hebrews 4:9)

Oh!!!! I love it!!!

Beautiful!!! I'm stealing that one from you!

God's Truth

God gives to every believer in his Son Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit. It is the purpose of the Holy Spirit to make us witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. It is not the purpose of the Holy Spirit to make us holy. We are called to live our lives before God as sinners. saved sinners. This is why Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

You cannot be an effective witness for Christ if you present yourself to the unsaved as being holy. They will see right through that and label you a hypocrite, which you are.

You just ignored all those scriptures and went against them.

You go against God Himself when you preach what you do.

These scriptures say I am holy and perfect.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Robert Pate, you have proven how dead your beliefs are.