RELIGION: Man's attempt to become like God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This is why Calvinism is abhorred by most Christians. You change the God of love into a monster.

God is not obligated to save any sinners at all, but the fact that He sacrificed His only begotten Son to save some of us, evidences His love.

Who are you to demand that He is not a loving God, simply because He also chooses to display His justice against undeserving sinners?

Are you His judge?

Epoisses

God is not obligated to save any sinners at all, but the fact that He sacrificed His only begotten Son to save some of us, evidences His love.

Who are you to demand that He is not a loving God, simply because He also chooses to display His justice against undeserving sinners?

Are you His judge?

God is obligated to save sinners and that is why the Father sent the Son to die for the world. The elect are those who believe the good news.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
This is why Calvinism is abhorred by most Christians. You change the God of love into a monster.

As in, a bunch of random sects transfiguring America. And Roman Catholics.

Maybe you should go look at Germany and whatnot. The Reformed tradition is gigantic- it's historical Christianity you daft fool :rolleyes:

Epoisses

"Most Christians"

As in, a bunch of random sects transfiguring America. And Roman Catholics.

Maybe you should go look at Germany and whatnot. The Reformed tradition is gigantic :rolleyes:

My wife's parents live in Limburg, Germany and I have visited Cologne and Frankfurt many times. Pretty much westernized these days.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
My wife's parents live in Limbug, Germany and I have visited Cologne and Frankfurt many times. Pretty much westernized these days.

You could look at a church all day and not realize it is Reformed.

th

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God is obligated because God is love. 1John 4:8

God is also Just.

His attributes are equal; never one dominating or overbidding another.

And God is not "obligated" to love or save any sinners, at all. To think otherwise, reveals a lack of understanding and appreciating His saving grace, altogether.

Epoisses

God is also Just.

His attributes are equal; never one dominating or overbidding another.

And God is not "obligated" to love or save any sinners, at all. To think otherwise, reveals a lack of understanding and appreciating His saving grace, altogether.

Jesus is the savior of the world. That truth rebukes you all day and every day.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the savior of the world. That truth rebukes you all day and every day.

That is not the only verse in the Bible, it is not what the scriptures intend as the message, and you cannot sit there and hide behind behind that perpetually.

Epoisses

That is not the only verse in the Bible, it is not what the scriptures intend as the message, and so you cannot sit there and hide behind behind that.

Because you're an unbeliever! The Samaritans said Jesus was the savior of the world and they had no vested interest in Israel. John 4:42