RELIGION: Man's attempt to become like God.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism is one man's interpretation of scripture and a flawed one at that.

The Reformed Tradition holds itself as being the original gospel of the early Christians before Christianity was adulterated by Catholicism. And not just them, but Abraham, Issac, Moses, David, and the rest.

Calvinism is a reform against heresy.

Epoisses

The Reformed Tradition holds itself as being the original gospel of the early Christians before Christianity was adulterated by Catholicism. And not just them, but Abraham, Issac, Moses, David, and the rest.

Calvinism is a reform against heresy.

The reformed gospel is one of winning the cosmic lottery that rejects faith. The bible teaches that belief is a requirement no matter how you look at it whether gift or command.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The reformed gospel is one of winning the cosmic lottery that rejects faith.

Not really.

The double predestinarians made you think that of Calvinism. Calvinism does not reject free will- it emphasizes on sovereign election.

The bible teaches that belief is a requirement no matter how you look at it whether gift or command.

Calvinists hold to that as well.

Epoisses

Not really.

The double predestinarians made you think that of Calvinism. Calvinism does not reject free will- it emphasizes on sovereign election.

Calvinists hold to that as well.

I usually have no problem with moderate Calvinists. It's the hypers I detest.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I usually have no problem with moderate Calvinists. It's the hypers I detest.

While it's painful to say that there are actually 'moderate' Calvinists, I myself am neither moderate or hyper. I am simply a Calvinist.

Take this quote by John:

ddd581283774f1e3b83f9dd0efda84e0.jpg

Epoisses

While it's painful to say that there are actually 'moderate' Calvinists, I myself am neither moderate or hyper. I am simply a Calvinist.

Take this quote by John:

ddd581283774f1e3b83f9dd0efda84e0.jpg

If you could accept that Jesus is the savior of the world I would have no problem with you but of course you wont.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I am a believer in double- predestination . . That is, God has determined the fate of all men.

I also believe God blessed man, created in His image, with moral agency (conscious will) to cause, act, and effect moral good.

IOW's I am of the historic Christian Reformed faith that believes and teaches both the absolute sovereignty of God, while upholding the human responsibility of all men to submit and obey God in all their willful choices and actions, according to the revealed holy Law of God.

One side of this Truth, without the other, produces theological error.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If you could accept that Jesus is the savior of the world I would have no problem with you but of course you wont.

Unless you're positing universalism, which is universally heretical, you aren't making a single point in that statement.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God knows the fate of all men. Big difference.

No difference at all.

What God knows will happen, is what God has ordained will happen.

Such are His attributes of omniscience and omnipotence; neither dare any mere creature deny!

Epoisses

No difference at all.

What God knows will happen, is what God has ordained will happen.

Such are His attributes of omniscience and omnipotence; neither dare any mere creature deny!

Did God ordain Satan to rebel and Adam to fall?