Reconciled unto God by Who? By What?

beloved57

You see and interpret everything through your Calvinist glasses.

This is why you cannot see or understand the Gospel.

You apparently believe that salvation must be imposed upon people and that is the only way that anyone can be saved.

God forces salvation on no one. If you want to be saved you will have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and ask him to save you.

Calvinism is the Gospel, the Truths of Tulip!

Brother Ducky

You see and interpret everything through your Calvinist glasses.

This is why you cannot see or understand the Gospel.

You apparently believe that salvation must be imposed upon people and that is the only way that anyone can be saved.

God forces salvation on no one. If you want to be saved you will have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and ask him to save you.

I, like you, do have a particular lens I look at the world through. But my lens certainly allows me to see and understand the gospel.

I am not sure why you think we see salvation as being imposed, as if people are brought kicking and screaming into the kingdom. I do believe that without God changing our hearts we are absolutely unwilling and unable to come to him. Tell me why you think you had the free will ability to choose God. Plenty of verses to show why you would not have that free will choice.

Any particular reason you choose to attack rather than make a rational defense of your position? I rather suspect you realize that most of what you say can not be substantiated from the Scriptures.

Robert Pate

Banned
I, like you, do have a particular lens I look at the world through. But my lens certainly allows me to see and understand the gospel.

I am not sure why you think we see salvation as being imposed, as if people are brought kicking and screaming into the kingdom. I do believe that without God changing our hearts we are absolutely unwilling and unable to come to him. Tell me why you think you had the free will ability to choose God. Plenty of verses to show why you would not have that free will choice.

Any particular reason you choose to attack rather than make a rational defense of your position? I rather suspect you realize that most of what you say can not be substantiated from the Scriptures.

On the day of Pentecost thousands upon thousands of Jews heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the very first time and were saved. Some of these Jews had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36.

People are converted to Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel. I happen to be one of them. Paul said that... "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes" Romans 1:16.

People can hear and can believe. What makes you think that God sent his only begotten Son into the world to die on the cross for the sins of the world and then hides it from some?

beloved57

On the day of Pentecost thousands upon thousands of Jews heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the very first time and were saved. Some of these Jews had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36.

People are converted to Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel. I happen to be one of them. Paul said that... "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes" Romans 1:16.

People can hear and can believe. What makes you think that God sent his only begotten Son into the world to die on the cross for the sins of the world and then hides it from some?

You have heard the Gospel and don't believe!

Cruciform

Paul said that we have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.
Paul also indicated that the hierarchy (apostles/bishops, i.e., Magisterium) of Christ's one historic Church are the Lord's ambassadors of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:20; cf. Eph. 6:20; Philemon 9), whose teachings are equally binding and authoritative with Jesus' own teachings (Lk. 10:16)---indeed, they are one and the same (1 Tim. 3:15). The Church is thus Christ's chosen instrument of redemption for the world (Mt. 28:18-20).

If we have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ then why do you need the Catholic Church...?
Already answered just above.

Paul said, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ" 1 Timothy 2:5.
Amen.

Nothing about a Catholic Church or...any religion being a mediator.
Already directly refuted above.

Can it be that Catholics...have made their religion their Jesus?
No, although Jesus Christ himself equated himself and his one historic Church such that to reject his Church is likewise to reject Jesus himself (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15). That puts you in quite a spot, doesn't it.

End of thread.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul also indicated that the hierarchy (apostles/bishops, i.e., Magisterium) of Christ's one historic Church are the Lord's ambassadors of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:20; cf. Eph. 6:20; Philemon 9), whose teachings are equally binding and authoritative with Jesus' own teachings (Lk. 10:16)---indeed, they are one and the same (1 Tim. 3:15). The Church is thus Christ's chosen instrument of redemption for the world (Mt. 28:18-20).

Already answered just above.

Amen.

Already directly refuted above.

No, although Jesus Christ himself equated himself and his one historic Church such that to reject his Church is likewise to reject Jesus himself (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15). That puts you in quite a spot, doesn't it.

End of thread.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

This is what you think that John 3:16 is saying.

God so loved the world that he gave us the Catholic church, that whosoever believes in the Catholic church should not perish, but have everlasting life.

OCTOBER23

JESUS TOOK THE CURSE OF DEATH AWAY FROM MANKIND A BROUGHT US LIFE ETERNAL.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law,

being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one

that hangeth on a tree: