Reconciled unto God by Who? By What?

Robert Pate

Banned
What about the people who don't know they are sealed yet ? should we tell them ? -

If you don't know that that you have been sealed with the Holy Spirit chances are that you have not been sealed.

Salvation is not a think so, salvation is a know so.

And then again there are the new babes in Christ that don't know anything. They need us to teach them.

beloved57

If you don't know that that you have been sealed with the Holy Spirit chances are that you have not been sealed.

Salvation is not a think so, salvation is a know so.

And then again there are the new babes in Christ that don't know anything. They need us to teach them.

Only those who believe the Gospel are sealed by the Spirit Eph 1:13-14 and since you don't believe the Gospel, you have not been sealed by the Spirit of God!

RBBI

Once again; we were told how to test the spirits. If any man can say that Yeshua the Messiah has come in THEIR flesh, which no man can do without the power of the Holy Ghost, then they ARE HIS, REGARDLESS OF WHAT MAN-MADE DENOMINATION THEY ARE choosing as their TEMPORARY covering, and yes, that includes Catholics and Protestants, and any other of mankind's Babylon of denominational languages. He is a Spirit and you cannot put Him in a box and tell Him He can go no further.

RBBI

Exactly...so think of that when you try to limit Him to a singularity/dimension.

The difference is, I'm not limiting Him. I'm explaining the framework He Himself established to reveal Himself and His plan for the ages, in. Notice that it began in Genesis when He separated the waters from the waters.

StanJ

The difference is, I'm not limiting Him. I'm explaining the framework He Himself established to reveal Himself and His plan for the ages, in. Notice that it began in Genesis when He separated the waters from the waters.

Can you possibly be any MORE vague? Please make a point instead of being mystical all the time.
Many people know about the canopy of water that surrounded the earth then and was instrumental in the flood. How is THAT relevant to THIS thread?

RBBI

Can you possibly be any MORE vague? Please make a point instead of being mystical all the time.
Many people know about the canopy of water that surrounded the earth then and was instrumental in the flood. How is THAT relevant to THIS thread?

I'm not being mystical. I see dimensionally (layers) after decades of study.

How it's relevant is, the waters above the firmament correspond with the Holy of Holies, the firmament where Yeshua told Nicodemus He was speaking from, we are told is heaven, and the waters below the firmament are all of creation.

It really helps to understand the pattern of the heavenlies as stated in Heb. 10, to "make everything according to the pattern."

StanJ

I'm not being mystical. I see dimensionally (layers) after decades of study.

How it's relevant is, the waters above the firmament correspond with the Holy of Holies, the firmament where Yeshua told Nicodemus He was speaking from, we are told is heaven, and the waters below the firmament are all of creation.

It really helps to understand the pattern of the heavenlies as stated in Heb. 10, to "make everything according to the pattern."

You sound a lot like keypurr....are you?

You may think you see dimensionally, but 2 Tim 2:15 tells us to RIGHTLY divide the word of truth, which so far you have failed to do.
Gen 1 depicts physical formation, not spiritual. It is a literal and historical account of creation. It is NOT something to be interpreted in a mystical fashion.

What you so vaguely insinuate is NOT found in Heb 10 but in Heb 8, and has nothing to do with this issue. It is about the OT laws and patterns, NOT the NT reality. Again you speak in vagueness and a mystical fashion, as opposed to direct exegetical exposition. Doesn't fly here, EXCEPT with people like keypurr and his ilk, which apparently you are one of.

RBBI

You sound a lot like keypurr....are you?

You may think you see dimensionally, but 2 Tim 2:15 tells us to RIGHTLY divide the word of truth, which so far you have failed to do.
Gen 1 depicts physical formation, not spiritual. It is a literal and historical account of creation. It is NOT something to be interpreted in a mystical fashion.

What you so vaguely insinuate is NOT found in Heb 10 but in Heb 8, and has nothing to do with this issue. It is about the OT laws and patterns, NOT the NT reality. Again you speak in vagueness and a mystical fashion, as opposed to direct exegetical exposition. Doesn't fly here, EXCEPT with people like keypurr and his ilk, which apparently you are one of.

According to WHO? Who is your Teacher?

Yes it is. Forgive me. It is in Heb. 9:23

It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

And. Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See , saith he , that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

StanJ

According to WHO? Who is your Teacher?

Yes it is. Forgive me. It is in Heb. 9:23

It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

And. Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See , saith he , that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

The Holy Spirit and God's word.

You extract single verses OUT of context and expect we will KNOW what you are trying to say? Is that ALL the effort you are willing to put into your dogma? As there is nothing physical in Heaven, then you obviously don't understand what Luke is conveying in Heb 8:5 (NIV) which is talking about the OT sacrifices, and Heb 9:23 (NIV), which is taking about Christ's sacrifice.
Here's a link that MAY help you;
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/hebrews/9-23.htm

RBBI

The Holy Spirit and God's word.

You extract single verses OUT of context and expect we will KNOW what you are trying to say? Is that ALL the effort you are willing to put into your dogma? As there is nothing physical in Heaven, then you obviously don't understand what Luke is conveying in Heb 8:5 (NIV) which is talking about the OT sacrifices, and Heb 9:23 (NIV), which is taking about Christ's sacrifice.
Here's a link that MAY help you;
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/hebrews/9-23.htm

First of all, I don't have a "dogma". I share what I have been given to understand by my Teacher.

Second, the POINT is, since you evidently missed it in the bold print I posted above, is that the tabernacle is the PATTERN, EXAMPLE AND SHADOW of the heavenly things. It is one of His WITNESSES, and if what you believe doesn't match up with what it reveals, then an adjustment must be made to "build it according to the pattern shown on the mount."

You think you've got it all down pat and there is nothing new for you to learn, but He is ALWAYS revealing Truth. There are layers upon layers of it and each layer witnesses and builds upon what was laid previously. The problem is the building is deformed without both the Spirit (the plumb line) and the Word (the level) in union. Dependence upon only what you can learn by the letter, is milk, not meat, and not the hidden manna.

After reading your other post, I think this reply covers it, too.....

StanJ

First of all, I don't have a "dogma". I share what I have been given to understand by my Teacher.

Second, the POINT is, since you evidently missed it in the bold print I posted above, is that the tabernacle is the PATTERN, EXAMPLE AND SHADOW of the heavenly things. It is one of His WITNESSES, and if what you believe doesn't match up with what it reveals, then an adjustment must be made to "build it according to the pattern shown on the mount."

You think you've got it all down pat and there is nothing new for you to learn, but He is ALWAYS revealing Truth. There are layers upon layers of it and each layer witnesses and builds upon what was laid previously. The problem is the building is deformed without both the Spirit (the plumb line) and the Word (the level) in union. Dependence upon only what you can learn by the letter, is milk, not meat, and not the hidden manna.

After reading your other post, I think this reply covers it, too.....

First, your denial doesn't really mean much...all dogmatic people deny their own dogmatism. Who EXACTLY is your teacher?

Secondly, no, the point is to read the scripture IN context, not out, and to NOT assign mystical inferences to it. It also requires that one not be equivocal about what they refer to, which is the reason we are to supply citations to scripture.

Those are you words, not mine, and used to twist or prevaricate about what I or others say. It is a very evident style of yours. FYI, manna was never hidden, it was out in the open, just as God's word is, and all it requires is an unbiased heart and a desire to learn. Layers were eliminated when the NC came into being. There is NO vague or dark mysticism in Jesus, because He is the LIGHT. You purport to have special knowledge that you apparently CANNOT show nor support.
It would probably be a good idea for you to read everything Jesus said about childlike faith and belief. It's VERY simple and straight forward. NOT hard to perceive or assimilate.

RBBI

First, your denial doesn't really mean much...all dogmatic people deny their own dogmatism. Who EXACTLY is your teacher?

Secondly, no, the point is to read the scripture IN context, not out, and to NOT assign mystical inferences to it. It also requires that one not be equivocal about what they refer to, which is the reason we are to supply citations to scripture.

Those are you words, not mine, and used to twist or prevaricate about what I or others say. It is a very evident style of yours. FYI, manna was never hidden, it was out in the open, just as God's word is, and all it requires is an unbiased heart and a desire to learn. Layers were eliminated when the NC came into being. There is NO vague or dark mysticism in Jesus, because He is the LIGHT. You purport to have special knowledge that you apparently CANNOT show nor support.
It would probably be a good idea for you to read everything Jesus said about childlike faith and belief. It's VERY simple and straight forward. NOT hard to perceive or assimilate.

The Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). I guess you missed all the scriptures I've listed to support what I say. I haven't twisted or prevaricated anything you've had to say. But neither will I let you force feed me your understanding, when it does not line up with the pattern shown in the mount.

As for rightly dividing the Word, it is not the dividing of carnally minded understanding of scriptures, it is letting the SPIRIT divide rightly, because we are told the SPIRIT will teach us. The carnal mind is His enemy, and if His, then it ought to be yours. The best it's ever going to be is a SERVANT, and that's only if you humble yourself and submit it to Him.

Yes it does require childlike faith to come to Him. But eventually the child has to grow up. Milk is for babes. And yes, manna IS hidden.

Rev 2:17

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Humbling yourself to ask for the hearing (to hear with HaShem means to hear AND OBEY) ear, is the beginning. Then obedience to do what you're told and overcome what is put in front of you, IS faith with works in operation, the RESULT of which is being given to eat of the hidden manna, and a white stone with a new name/nature. Peace

StanJ

The Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). I guess you missed all the scriptures I've listed to support what I say. I haven't twisted or prevaricated anything you've had to say. But neither will I let you force feed me your understanding, when it does not line up with the pattern shown in the mount.

As for rightly dividing the Word, it is not the dividing of carnally minded understanding of scriptures, it is letting the SPIRIT divide rightly, because we are told the SPIRIT will teach us. The carnal mind is His enemy, and if His, then it ought to be yours. The best it's ever going to be is a SERVANT, and that's only if you humble yourself and submit it to Him.

Yes it does require childlike faith to come to Him. But eventually the child has to grow up. Milk is for babes. And yes, manna IS hidden.

Rev 2:17

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Humbling yourself to ask for the hearing (to hear with HaShem means to hear AND OBEY) ear, is the beginning. Then obedience to do what you're told and overcome what is put in front of you, IS faith with works in operation, the RESULT of which is being given to eat of the hidden manna, and a white stone with a new name/nature. Peace

The problem with your style, is you say ONE thing and then inundate us with non-applicable scriptures that basically put people to sleep. You see most of us don't view scripture with mystical vision. We view it as God intended, with plain human vision.

That's exactly right RBBI, and when He does, He makes it clear and UNDERSTANDABLE, which YOU don't. Only the enemy, Satan, obfuscates God's Word, as he always has done from Adam until Jesus, up to now.

One has nothing to do with the other, but just to be clear, the scripture you allude to so vaguely and equivocally is Heb 6:1-2 (NIV)
Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

THAT manna is hidden, because THAT has not happened yet. The manna of the OT was not, but again you don't really understand basic concepts of the Bible now do you? You simply look for verses to use in a mystical fashion, which is NOT how God's Word was written nor it to be conveyed.

Last edited:

RBBI

The problem with your style, is you say ONE thing and then inundate us with non-applicable scriptures that basically put people to sleep. You see most of us don't view scripture with mystical vision. We view it as God intended, with plain human vision.

That's exactly right RBBI, and when He does, He makes it clear and UNDERSTANDABLE, which YOU don't. Only the enemy, Satan, obfuscates God's Word, as he always has done from Adam until Jesus, up to now.

One has nothing to do with the other, but just to be clear, the scripture you allude to so vaguely and equivocally is Heb 6:1-2 (NIV)
Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

THAT manna is hidden, because THAT has not happened yet. The manna of the OT was not, but again you don't really understand basic concepts of the Bible now do you? You simply look for verses to use in a mystical fashion, which is NOT how God's Word was written nor it to be conveyed.

You're already asleep and the only reason it's obfuscated is because you can't hear it or see it. It's not vague and mystical, it's fact, supported by PRINCIPLES inherent in the Word and scriptures. Look for verses to use in a mystical fashion? I wouldn't even know where to begin to do such a thing, if that were even possible.

That YOU don't understand it is obvious, or you would have noticed in the scripture above, that those SIX things listed above ARE the milk! Now ask Him to open your eyes and ears so you can move on to maturity.....Peace

Cruciform

Its true, your Catholic Church is void of what Christ has done to justify the ungodly...
Straw Man Fallacy. Try again.

There is no Gospel in the Catholic Church.
In fact, Christ's one historic Catholic Church was proclaiming and teaching the Gospel for a millennium-and-a-half before a single Protestant like yourself ever managed to stumble onto the scene. Try again.

What you do with Christ in your Church is you leave him on the cross...
Here you merely display your ignorance. Catholics publicly confess their unshakable belief in Christ's Resurrection at every single Mass, as you should certainly know if you really were raised Catholic as you claim. So, no, the crucifix does not "leave" Jesus on the cross, but rather symbolizes the sacrificial Atonement of Jesus Christ just as the apostles taught (1 Cor. 1:23-24; 2:2; Gal. 3:1, 13; 6:14). Try again.

...and drink his blood.

Just as Jesus Himself taught his one historic Church to do in the Eucharistic Liturgy [source].

Why don't you have a statue of him setting on his throne as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords?" Revelation 19:16.
What---besides your vast ignorance of Catholic teaching and practice---makes you think we don't?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
Straw Man Fallacy. Try again.

In fact, Christ's one historic Catholic Church was proclaiming and teaching the Gospel for a millennium-and-a-half before a single Protestant like yourself ever managed to stumble onto the scene. Try again.

Here you merely display your ignorance. Catholics publicly confess their unshakable belief in Christ's Resurrection at every single Mass, as you should certainly know if you really were raised Catholic as you claim. So, no, the crucifix does not "leave" Jesus on the cross, but rather symbolizes the sacrificial Atonement of Jesus Christ just as the apostles taught (1 Cor. 1:23-24; 2:2; Gal. 3:1, 13; 6:14). Try again.

Just as Jesus Himself taught his one historic Church to do in the Eucharistic Liturgy [source].

What---besides your vast ignorance of Catholic teaching and practice---makes you think we don't?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Why is it that the Catholic church does not have a statue of Christ sitting on his throne as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords"? Instead you still have him hanging on the cross. Jesus is no longer on the cross, but that is where you want to keep him.

Your pope has a throne. He thinks that he is Jesus Christ. I find your pope to be disgusting.

StanJ

You're already asleep and the only reason it's obfuscated is because you can't hear it or see it. It's not vague and mystical, it's fact, supported by PRINCIPLES inherent in the Word and scriptures. Look for verses to use in a mystical fashion? I wouldn't even know where to begin to do such a thing, if that were even possible.

That YOU don't understand it is obvious, or you would have noticed in the scripture above, that those SIX things listed above ARE the milk! Now ask Him to open your eyes and ears so you can move on to maturity.....Peace

I guess you still haven't figured out that discussion forum like this are designed to supply truth in conjunction with scripture, not simply a place to opine? You've been doing the mystical thing since you came on board.
If there are principles that support your POV, then show them with SOUND exegetical hermeneutics.

That's right RBBI, they ARE the milk, so trying to change the milk into something it is NOT, does not make your POV credulous at all. What is the meat that follows the milk? Is it consistent with the milk? You don't seem to know or be able to express that?