Reconciled unto God by Who? By What?

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said that we have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

"All things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

If we have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ then why do you need the Catholic church or Calvinism or any religion?

Paul said, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ" 1 Timothy 2:5.

Nothing about a Catholic church or a Calvinist religion or any religion being a mediator.

Can it be that Catholics and Calvinist have made their religion their Jesus? Just like the Jews made the Torah their Jesus. One of the commandments says..."Thou shalt not have any God's before me". Is it Jesus Christ plus something? Or is it Jesus Christ plus nothing?

If we were reconciled unto God by Jesus and Jesus Christ is the only mediator between man and God, then where does religion fit into this?

Ephesians 1:6 says that we have been made acceptable in the beloved, who is Jesus Christ. Jesus makes us acceptable to God by his doing and his dying. He is our justifier, Romans 3:26. Reconciler, 2 Corinthians 5:18 and our mediator, 1 Timothy 2:5.

If this is true then why do you need that religion?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reconciled unto God by Who? By What?

We have been reconciled by the death penalty. The death of God's son in our place so justice could be served for sin is why we are reconciled. Now the heathen just needs to receive this free gift and his life. So then they shall be saved as we are.

beloved57

Paul said that we have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

"All things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

If we have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ then why do you need the Catholic church or Calvinism or any religion?

Paul said, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ" 1 Timothy 2:5.

Nothing about a Catholic church or a Calvinist religion or any religion being a mediator.

Can it be that Catholics and Calvinist have made their religion their Jesus? Just like the Jews made the Torah their Jesus. One of the commandments says..."Thou shalt not have any God's before me". Is it Jesus Christ plus something? Or is it Jesus Christ plus nothing?

If we were reconciled unto God by Jesus and Jesus Christ is the only mediator between man and God, then where does religion fit into this?

Ephesians 1:6 says that we have been made acceptable in the beloved, who is Jesus Christ. Jesus makes us acceptable to God by his doing and his dying. He is our justifier, Romans 3:26. Reconciler, 2 Corinthians 5:18 and our mediator, 1 Timothy 2:5.

If this is true then why do you need that religion?

You teach that those Christ reconciled to God by His Death, wind up in hell separated from God forever in their sins !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that those Christ reconciled to God by His Death, wind up in hell separated from God forever in their sins !

Now where did I say that?

If you don't receive Christ's work of reconciliation you will wind up in hell. Nothing is yours if you don't receive it. John 1:12.

beloved57

Now where did I say that?

If you don't receive Christ's work of reconciliation you will wind up in hell. Nothing is yours if you don't receive it. John 1:12.

Don't you believe that people who Christ died for and reconciled to God by His Death, can end up in Hell for their sins in unbelief? Yes or No!

Robert Pate

Banned

Many like you will perish because...

"He that does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:18.

Jesus is your savior. Not John Calvin.

beloved57

Many like you will perish because...

"He that does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:18.

Jesus is your savior. Not John Calvin.

Those Christ lived for He did the Law for them, and so they are Justified Rom 2:13 ! He lived and believed for them!

Robert Pate

Banned
Those Christ lived for He did the Law for them, and so they are Justified Rom 2:13 ! He lived and believed for them!

You refuse to turn lose of John Calvin and trust in Christ alone for your salvation.

You will have to do your own believing, Jesus is not going to do it for you.

"He that does not believe is condemned already" John 3:18.

beloved57

You refuse to turn lose of John Calvin and trust in Christ alone for your salvation.

You will have to do your own believing, Jesus is not going to do it for you.

"He that does not believe is condemned already" John 3:18.

Those Christ lived and died for He believed for them! They are believers before they were born sinners!

beloved57

So everyones sin has been blotted out, just those who dont believe that their sin was blotted out get condemned? I think we can agree!
How can those whose sins have been blotted out yet die in their sins in unbelief ? Duh !

Interplanner

re reconciling,
I think that even in 2 Cor 5 it has more to do with settling debt than with 'people getting along.' Some translations have the very weak 'God wanted to make friends with mankind...' Yet twice in the same paragraph, the question of the debt of sin (or absence) is essential. It means reconciling in the bookkeeping sense.

Robert Pate

Banned
re reconciling,
I think that even in 2 Cor 5 it has more to do with settling debt than with 'people getting along.' Some translations have the very weak 'God wanted to make friends with mankind...' Yet twice in the same paragraph, the question of the debt of sin (or absence) is essential. It means reconciling in the bookkeeping sense.

Reconciliation is based upon what Christ did in our name and on our behalf. God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Without the doing and the dying of Jesus there would not be a reconciliation. Jesus is our reconciliator.

beloved57

Reconciliation is based upon what Christ did in our name and on our behalf. God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Without the doing and the dying of Jesus there would not be a reconciliation. Jesus is our reconciliator.

You teach that millions for whom Christ acted in their name for will wind up in Hell unsaved lost in their sins! What happened?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You teach that millions for whom Christ acted in their name for will wind up in Hell unsaved lost in their sins! What happened?

Billions actually. They rejected his free gift of his life. And as such they will be judged on their works because they are not written in the book of life.

Interplanner

Everything you said is quite right. What I meant is that the paragraph is closer to the bookkeeping meaning (of reconciliation) than it is to talking a couple playground pals out of their quarrelling.

beloved57

Billions actually. They rejected his free gift of his life. And as such they will be judged on their works because they are not written in the book of life.
You serve a different Christ than I do, the Christ I serve saved His People from their sins and unbelief! They were reconciled to God by His Death while they were enemies and unbelievers rejecting God Rom 5:10 !

Robert Pate

Banned
You serve a different Christ than I do, the Christ I serve saved His People from their sins and unbelief! They were reconciled to God by His Death while they were enemies and unbelievers rejecting God Rom 5:10 !

God imposess salvation on no one. If he did he would be unjust.

There is no scripture that says you are made to believe on Christ.

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.