Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Reformers proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ indiscriminately to all who will listen. We simply cannot know who has been given ears to hear and enabled by God to respond with faith.

Thus, we are careful referring to "our" if we are witnessing to known non-Christians, lest we give them false assurance or any notion of universal salvation contingent upon their mere choosing to believe (aka "easy believism").

This is also why Reformers do not make altar calls.

No altar calls at Corinth.

23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned,he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What?? Surely you jest?
Altar calls were made popular by Finney, a full-blown Pelagian heretic who catered to man's notions of autonomy and their belief that denies all are born as sinners in Adam. Unfortunately many Protestants today have forgotten what was being protested by the Reformers and have slipped into the Romanist notions of semi-Pelagianism.

AMR

God's Truth

Altar calls were made popular by Finney, a full-blown Pelagian heretic who catered to man's notions of autonomy and their belief that denies all are born as sinners in Adam. Unfortunately many Protestants today have forgotten what was being protested by the Reformers and have slipped into the Romanist notions of semi-Pelagianism.

AMR

We have Calvinists calling people heretics, and we have other denominations saying the same thing.

You both win. You are both heretics.

God's Truth

Repent to God, through Jesus, for following the teachings of mere men.

Get Jesus' teachings, as stated in the Holy Bible, do what Jesus says, and wait on him to save you.

Cross Reference

AMR

You should wish you could be used by God as Finney was for being a "full blown Pelegian heretic". Seems you choose [a freewill thing, ya know] to discredit what God does without your permission.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have Calvinists calling people heretics, and we have other denominations saying the same thing.

Silly lady. Your view has been shown to be outside the bounds of orthodoxy for some time now. Each and every time you post something implying it is the truth of God you are but shaking your fist at God. You profess what you do not possess.

AMR

Cross Reference

You should wish you could be used by God as Finney was for being a "full blown Pelegian heretic". Seems you choose [a freewill thing, ya know] to discredit what God does without your permission.

Pelegian was reproved by people like you. Who are you except you had a majory that backed whatever YOU decided. Tragic, that.

Sonnet

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Not at all.....

1 Corinthians 11:19
For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God will use all manner of foolishness a means to His decreed ends, including heretics like Finney. History has judged the man. You do not like it, but it does not change it.

AMR

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

146607429676613419025_10156979256080368_91018263.jpg

Sonnet

1 Corinthians 15
That the 'our' of v.3 applies to unbelievers within the church is evident from v.2:

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

That it applies to the Corinthians when Paul first came to them - when they were unbelievers - is evident from v.1 and 3a.

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's your excuse? I would rather be a fool for Christ than believe what you stand for.
Being a fool for Our Lord necessarily implies one knows righfully who our Lord is, what He came to accomplish, and why He could accomplish the same. If you understand these things, you will be perceived as a fool by those that do not understand them. That you rely upon Paul's notion of foolishness straining to lay charges at my feet tells the discerning reader how wrongly you interpret the irony the Apostle was deploying, for Paul's wordplay teaches us the wisdom of God Paul in fact possessed.

AMR

Sonnet

No challenge to the fact that Paul preached 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 to the Corinthian's when they were unbelievers.

I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand

It's the gospel he preached when he first came to them - when they were unbelievers. They received it and took their stand by it.