Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

There aint any ifs.

Not all of em was bitten. ;)

Not all of them might have been bitten, but ALL who were a certain age of accountability and up DIED there in the desert and did NOT get to the Promised Land because they did NOT OBEY.

Joshua 5:6 The Israelites had moved about in the wilderness forty years until all the men who were of military age when they left Egypt had died, since they had not obeyed the LORD. For the LORD had sworn to them that they would not see the land he had solemnly promised their ancestors to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey.

Cross Reference

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
The Holy Spirit is not subject to man.

Here you go again with your self pride.

Our spirits are subject to us.

What is us? My soul? My flesh? My heart? What? How 'bout my relationship to Him?

Paul was talking about men being able to shut up and let another speak, even when moved by the Holy Spirit.

Yes, and?

If something come to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his piece, for you may all prophesy

Ditto "And"? So who is in control?

He was by no means saying the Holy Spirit was subject to men.

Then why does the Holy Spirit pick and choose whom He speaks through except a yeilded freewill in relationship with the Father be that which He looks for?

Self Pride is all read from you, so get the beam out of your eye before mouthing off what you perceive from me! OK?

Cross Reference

Incorrect:

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

All snake-bitten Israelites without exception were provide for. Whether they looked or not, the bronze serpent was raised up for them. This is the model that Jesus himself uses to describe his own 'lifting up'.

Ah, yes! Redemption, with which we had nothing to do with except to consider for our [healing] salvation.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You don't appear to understand analogies. Source points to target. Jesus' analogy only considers bitten Israelites. We don't consider those unbitten.

Okay.

Let's leave the unbitten out for now.

Who was bitten?

And why?

These were believing folks, complaining about God feeding them and what he was feeding them.

They tempted him.

This is an analogy for those who believe in God not an alter call sermon for newbies.

Which is why Paul used it here.....

1 Corinthians 10:9
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
The Holy Spirit is not subject to man.

Here you go again with your self pride.

What is us? My soul? My flesh? My heart? What? How 'bout my relationship to Him?

Yes, and?

Ditto "And"? So who is in control?

Then why does the Holy Spirit pick and choose whom He speaks through except a yeilded freewill in relationship with the Father be that which He looks for?

Self Pride is all read from you, so get the beam out of your eye before mouthing off what you perceive from me! OK?

I don't have to remove anything.

You're the one claiming the Spirit of God is subject to man.

Sonnet

Okay.

Who was bitten?

And why?

These were believing folks, complaining about God feeding them and what he was feeding them.

They tempted him.

This is an analogy for those who believe in God not an alter call sermon for newbies.

Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

If this were so, then John 3:14-16 isn't for unbelievers...they aren't in consideration.
Really?

Cross Reference

I don't have to remove anything.

You're the one claiming the Spirit of God is subject to man.

No. I am saying the mans's will is stronger than God's when it comes to God wanting allegiance from him. Jesus demonstrated His allegiantce to God and you don't understand how He did it; the means by which He did it and with a freewill He did it..

Sonnet

Okay.

Who was bitten?

And why?

They tempted him.

Believers who didn't believe? They thought they were going to die in the desert, but this is what they were told:

Exodus 3:17
And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—a land flowing with milk and honey.’

They did not have the faith of Abraham.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Believers who didn't believe? They thought they were going to die in the desert, but this is what they were told:

Exodus 3:17
And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—a land flowing with milk and honey.’

They did not have the faith of Abraham.

Now you're all over the place.

They were bitten for tempting God.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
No. I am saying the mans's will is stronger than God's when it comes to God wanting allegiance from him. Jesus demonstrated His allegiantce to God and you don't understand how He did it; the means by which He did it and with a freewill He did it..

This further destruction of authentic Christology indicates you must be outside the faith. There isn't an era in church histroy in which you would be considered Christian. You are not a Classical Pentecostal.