Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nanja

I agree with your scriptures!

I add that I count all elect because I believe in His choosing of us.

Not all, but only some of us!

God's Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9 is only a remnant Rom. 11:5 or portion of humanity, Chosen in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-5, His Seed, before the foundation of the World.

For there are many who were condemned already John 3:18 and shall permanently remain under God's Wrath John 3:36.

I employ Faith, Hope and Love as a result of grasping the precious gift of God, while knowing full well that it is His Love ALONE that allows me to do so.

Unless a person is Given Spiritual Life in New Birth John 3:5, 27 their own works of the flesh, cannot please God Rom. 8:8, and are as filthy rags in His Sight Is. 64:6.

~~~~~

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Not all, but only some of us!

God's Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9 is only a remnant Rom. 11:5 or portion of humanity, Chosen in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-5, His Seed, before the foundation of the World.

For there are many who were condemned already John 3:18 and shall permanently remain under God's Wrath John 3:36.

Unless a person is Given Spiritual Life in New Birth John 3:5, 27 their own works of the flesh, cannot please God Rom. 8:8, and are as filthy rags in His Sight Is. 64:6.

~~~~~

Nanja,

I refuse to count any lost.

I embrace all as saved.

Only the slain lamb knows the heart of His sheep.

This is my heart on the matter and nothing can separate me from this Love.

Nor Height, Nor Depth, Nor any Principality.

I Trust the Servant King and only His will.

I stubbornly refuse to treat any as lost or count any as lost.

I Trust the voice of The Shepherd alone.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nanja

Nanja,

I refuse to count any lost.

I embrace all as saved.

But the scriptures declare otherwise!

Mat. 25:31-34; 41, 46
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

~~~~~

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

~~~~~

That is then and the work of He alone, this is now, and differs from the work of He.

We look to Him as the propitiation of ALL.

He alone can divide wheat from chaffe or Sheep from Goats.

As His Body we are now commissioned to believe with all our hearts, minds and souls that we:

Behold the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world. (1 John 1:29)

The sin of the world is unbelief.

Yet, if that sin is to not believe that He took away the sin of the world, I must not show favoritism as demanded in Romans 2 and James 2.

Spiritual favoritism is against everything Jesus taught.

It was the error of the Pharasees.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
We must distinguish from the Father and Son's work!

They are indeed One, but the Son did the Father's work, because He and the Father are and always have been One. By being in the Son as He is in the Father, we are blessed with the Spirit of Truth (Jesus). The very Trinity and Jesus's sole command to Love one another as He Loved us is prophetic that we should seek ALL as saved!

We are commissioned to Love ALL as they are as He who Loves and died for us "While we were yet sinners".

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

~~~~~

John 15 is what I am trying to exalt.

It explains the True Vine.

It explains our Command to Love.

Because He Loved/Loves and Died for ALL, He commanded us to Love ALL as He did for us and them.

Is this so hard to see?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

~~~~~

Galatians 3:

22 But the Scripture has imprisoned everything under sin’s power,[q] so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 Before this faith came, we were confined under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith was revealed. 24 The law, then, was our guardian[r] until Christ, so that we could be justified by faith. 25 But since that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26 for you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

----------------------------------

Because ALL is imprisoned by the 613 command of Moses and the 1050 commands of the NT, only the unconditional Love of Jesus, that is the gift from Abiding in His Love for ALL, can set any free.

To place human conditions on His Love for ALL or our LOVE for all is directly against Jesus.

We are all agents of Mercy, Faith, Hope and Love.

By continually teaching division, we are committing the Sin of Favoritism.

Yes there are Goats and chaffe, but we are to treat all with the Love of the Shepherd.

If there were not Goats, then God would not be a God of FreeWill.

Because God desires that none should perish and ALL be saved, I treat all as Sheep of the Shepherd and proclaim His Love as so.

He Loved us first, so shall I Love others first.

This is the teaching of Jesus and I won't ignore it to gain favor amongst men.

God's Truth

No you don't, you merely think you do. If I had a nickel for every time I've shown you all wrong with each verse you 'proof texting' cherry pickers have presented, I'd be a millionaire :rolleyes:

Calvinism is a complete biblical theology, which has no contradictions in the Scriptures. That's what you all don't get- the Reformists were trained theologians in a rather explicit Christian world. What makes you think you can just throw random verses at it and expect it to suffice?

The smug attitude with you all is annoying not because it's threatening, but because of how you all believe what you believe by an interpretation that isn't good for, well, anything. Even for free will theology.
It might seem a bit harsh, but it's time to throw down the gauntlet, for real- treating Calvinism the way you all have, when you really should be venerating it, deserves no respect.
You take pride in your educated reformed theologians.

No amount of education, or studies matter 1 Corinthians 1:27 “But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Isaiah 44:25 who foils the signs of false prophets and makes fools of diviners, who overthrows the learning of the wise and turns it into nonsense,

Jeremiah 8:9 The wise will be put to shame; they will be dismayed and trapped. Since they have rejected the word of the LORD, what kind of wisdom do they have?

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1 Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 2:12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Those whom God foreknew are the JEWS. Paul is explaining that they are STILL able to be saved and are NOT CUT OFF FOREVER.

READ this scripture:

Romans 11:2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel:

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

That scripture is about how ALL who want to be saved and call Jesus 'Lord'---they had better be obeying and REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

God's Truth

What if it is our Job of Obedience to count ALL of the world as Jesus's rescued children, and Love ALL as such.

What if it were Jesus's job to judge at the final call that hasn't happened yet.

Have I disrespected the parables of Jesus by suggesting this?

I do not know what you are talking about and what it has to do with what I said.

Nanja

That is then and the work of He alone, this is now, and differs from the work of He.

We look to Him as the propitiation of ALL.

He alone can divide wheat from chaffe or Sheep from Goats.

As His Body we are now commissioned to believe with all our hearts, minds and souls that we:

Behold the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world. (1 John 1:29)

The sin of the world is unbelief.

Yet, if that sin is to not believe that He took away the sin of the world, I must not show favoritism as demanded in Romans 2 and James 2.

Spiritual favoritism is against everything Jesus taught.

It was the error of the Pharasees.

Nonsense!

God never changes Mal 3:6.

He is the same yesterday, and today, and forever Heb. 13:8!

Rom. 9:20-23
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

Job 23:13
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why did you ignore all those scriptures I gave?

Because Paul and the prophets were talking about pagans and intellectuals of their time, and of the wealthy and reprobate skeptics.

The Bible does not speak against rationality and sound doctrine :rolleyes:

Also, those whom He foreknew are His people, and his people are not just Jews. To say otherwise is as errant as denying the Trinity- Christians are God's people, and Christ-hating Jews killed him. Are you under the impression that they receive the same merit as Christians?

If so,
there is absolutely nothing orthodox at all in your belief, just as in the denial of Christianity being Spiritual Israel.
Everyone from Augustine to the Reformers would roll over in their grave if they heard that nonsense.

But believe what you want :idunno:

God's Truth

Because Paul and the prophets were talking about pagans and intellectuals of their time, and of the wealthy and reprobate skeptics.

The Bible does not speak against rationality and sound doctrine :rolleyes:

Also, those whom He foreknew are His people, and his people are not just Jews. To say otherwise is as errant as denying the Trinity- Christians are God's people, and Christ-hating Jews killed him. Are you under the impression that they receive the same merit as Christians?

If so,
there is absolutely nothing orthodox at all in your belief, just as in the denial of Christianity being Spiritual Israel.
Everyone from Augustine to the Reformers would roll over in their grave if they heard that nonsense.

But believe what you want :idunno:

Believe the truth.

Sonnet

Try dealing substantially with the full content of the link in

question........

You suggested the link (An Inquiry into the Sum and Substance of the Gospel by Dr. C. Matthew McMahon) in response to my thread (Refuting Limited Atonement) where I wrote:

There is but one Gospel.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 is the Gospel. Paul preached the Gospel to unbelievers (Romans 15:20) Therefore Paul declared to unbelievers that, 'Christ died for our sins.' And, hence, Christ died for all men. 1 John 2:2. After all, this is the good news.

You wrote:

As noted, one or two verses does not a gospel make, especially when such a conclusion as yours is the result.

And:

Dig deeper:
http://www.apuritansmind.com/the-ch...stance-of-the-gospel-by-dr-c-matthew-mcmahon/

McMahon's piece is an attempt to answer the question, 'What is the sum and substance of the Gospel,' and his focus is on how it relates to salvation. He rejects the notion that conversion is 'by osmosis' and quotes article 22 of the Belgic Confession, which affirms:

'Therefore, to say that Christ is not enough but that something else is needed as well is a most enormous blasphemy against God—'

I have no issue here and agree that one is justified 'by faith apart from works'.

Then follows his affirmation of the doctrine of election:

"The Westminster Confession’s Chapter 10 is even more poignant, “All those whom God hath predestinated unto life, and those only, he is pleased, in his appointed and accepted time, effectually to call, by his Word and Spirit, out of that state of sin and death, in which they are by nature, to grace and salvation, by Jesus Christ; enlightening their minds spiritually and savingly to understand the things of God, taking away their heart of stone, and giving unto them a heart of flesh; renewing their wills, and, by his almighty power, determining them to that which is good, and effectually drawing them to Jesus Christ: yet so, as they come most freely, being made willing by his grace.”

It's noted that though only the elect are effectually called (his claim), the call still goes out to the non-elect. Now, of course, I reject this and would reaffirm that Romans 10:9 deals with the majority of those scriptures McMohan cites to substantiate his doctrine.

In response to:

All biblically thinking people agree that the Word of God is always involved in the conversion of anyone. No one who knows the Bible to some degree would say that men could be saved without the Word of God, and of some knowledge of it. Only heretics say that men can be saved without the Word of God.

I would only suggest that this need not come only in the form of a preacher since there are many examples of God communicating directly - and Acts 7:51 suggests prevenient grace for all.

I agree with McMahon that 'General Revelation is insufficient to save anyone' though Romans 1 does affirm a confirmation of the existence of God.

McMahon seems to suggest that some men are beyond saving because:

"The pagan nations had created a form of religion stemming from their debased minds. However, the true religion of God, found only in the Word of God and the Gospel, had not been in their grasp. "

This I reject reaffirming prevenient grace as stated above.

McMohan's citation of Calvin's use of John 3:3 regarding the knowledge required to know Jesus Christ is confusing. Yes, knowledge is required - but why quote that scripture?

This is interesting:

"Knowledge is also argued well in this light when Turretin shows that faith and trust, being coessential, are the application of knowing something as good. A person would never trust in something they did not know was good. He says, 'The objects of justifying faith, proper and specific…are the promises of the gospel, which cannot be received except by trust because they are proposed not only as true, but also as good.' Men see the goodness of the propositions given to them and trust they are true and good. The Spirit works this into their souls and justifying faith is a result."

To withhold salvation from some is not perceived as something good - which is why the Calvinist Gospel has no power.

McMahon then makes the evident point that though all scripture is the Word of God - not all the Word is the Gospel.

Now he turns to what constitutes the essence or 'substance' of the Gospel and quotes J.I. Packer (who quotes from others):

“To evangelize…is so to present Christ Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit, that men shall come to put their trust in God through Him, to accept him as their Savior, and serve Him as their King in the fellowship of His church.”

Then follows the section I previously posted to you:

Many ancient writers believed that 2 Corinthians 5:18-21 was a very well defined summation of the Gospel. As John Owen’s states in his Christologia, “This is the substance of the Gospel, as it is declared by the apostle, 2 Corinthians 5:18-21.” Such a sublime summary is seen in that text, “Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” Such is the sum and substance of our Gospel message both stated and preached.

Now, I ask you again AMR - do you preach this to the unsaved? It contains 'For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us...' If you preach these words to the unsaved then they will have been told what you deny:

No properly instructed Reformed person would expect to hear a preacher or anyone saying to a specific person that Our Lord died for that specific person. How can we presume to know the secret will of God to make such a statement?

You posted this with regard to 1 Corinthians 15:3 which Paul describes, along with the next few verses, as the Gospel and, crucially, explicitly affirms that he and the apostles preach it.

McMahon goes on to refer to several other theologians:

Spurgeon:

“I have always considered, with Luther and Calvin, that the sum and substance of the Gospel lies in that word Substitution, — Christ standing in the stead of man. If I understand the Gospel, it is this: I deserve to be lost for ever; the only reason why I should not be damned is, that Christ was punished in my stead, and there is no need to execute a sentence twice for sin."

The last clause implies limited atonement and election but it isn't substantiated and, in any case, we know that he affirms that the 'all people' of 1 Timothy 2:3,4 is indeed all and so the 'all' of v.6 ('who gave himself as a ransom for all people') must carry the same meaning.

John Gill focuses on the protoevangelium and “Christ and him crucified is the subject matter, the sum and substance of the Gospel ministry”

John Owen references Hebrews 9 which speaks of the foreshadowing in the OT sacrifices and in Hebrews 10 - Christ's sacrifice one for all. Owen equates reception and rejection of the Gospel with reception and rejection of Christ Himself.

Albert Barnes speaks of how God retained the integrity of His character by maintaining justice though Christ's atonement - that the law could not be broken with impunity. Interesting that McMahon writes:

"He has shown that if sinners do not avail themselves of the offer of pardon by Jesus Christ, they must experience in their own souls forever the pains which this substitute for sinners endured in behalf of people on the cross."

Oddly, McMahon contemplates whether the words 'the', 'a' and 'so' - used so many times in scripture - could ever save someone. Obviously not.

McMahon now turns his attention to regeneration. Jonathan Edwards speaks of regeneration as being the moment of moving from 'lostness' to 'savedness'. It's curious that McMahon writes:

"Active receiving is an elicited act of faith in which he who is called now wholly leans upon Christ as his saviour and through Christ upon God. John 3:15-16."

Verse 15 is linked directly to verse 14 and explicitly affirms, by analogy, that all men are provided for. There is no mention of regeneration.

He affirms that, 'justification by faith alone is simultaneous with regeneration'. McMahon doesn't provide any proof of regeneration as defined by Calvinism. Why quote John 6:45, Acts 16:14, Ephesians 1:17:

"It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—"

One must hear and learn so it's conditional.

"One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul."

Lydia was already a worshiper of God.

"that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,"

To whom is Paul refering?

v.15
"For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people,"

McMahon reproves Luther for believing that regenreration can justify without faith.

Regarding TULIP McMahon affirms:

"It is ludicrous to state that men must first understand all the fine points of Calvinism to be saved. There are many Calvinists who believe that one must believe the fullness of the doctrines of grace in the acronym TULIP to be converted. Simply, this is nonsense."

I can't argue with this.

Under the heading 'The Golden Chain' he again refers to John 3 as if it somehow holds any proof for it (the Golden Chain) - but none is given.

McMahon affirms 1 Corinthians 15 to be the Gospel. Crucially, he does not warn against the preaching of v.3 to the unsaved, so it remains curious that you ever cited his work in order that I might have a deeper understanding of the Gospel. Your assertion regarding 1 Corinthians 15 - that 'one or two verses does not a gospel make' - isn't shared by the very document you cite to prove your point.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The one most in control of the world, whether it be a dictator or corporate owner- infamously, someone within the 'Bilderburg Group'- or perhaps an unnamed man somewhere yonder..
the point is this, allegedly- that person is the key in which God moves the world- circa predestinarian theology.

And this is the root of Catholicism.

The Feudal System was the way of society for most of the Common Era- our so called enlightenment is merely a vestige of it.

Calvinism, however, heavily edified us on a contrary liberation of predestination which, instead of people accepting, want to act foolish about.

Cross Reference

No.

As before:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Old-Testament-salvation.html

Discuss this with your Pastor. There is no end to your peculiarities. Sigh.

AMR

Sigh . . YES! Throw your commentaries away and read the Bible. There is no regeneration without the shed blood Of Jesus Christ as the basis for it.

Regeneration carrries with it a relationship with God that reveals His kingdom and seeks intimacy with God to know Him; which gives vision. Nicodemus was a believer in God, a righteous man, a teacher . .maybe like yourself. Nicodemus did not understand what is "born again". Was Nicodemus regenerated at that point in time?

Sonnet

The one most in control of the world, whether it be a dictator or corporate owner- infamously, someone within the 'Bilderburg Group'- or perhaps an unnamed man somewhere yonder..
the point is this, allegedly- that person is the key in which God moves the world- circa predestinarian theology.

And this is the root of Catholicism.

The Feudal System was the way of society for most of the Common Era- our so called enlightenment is merely a vestige of it.

Calvinism, however, heavily edified us on a contrary liberation of predestination which, instead of people accepting, want to act foolish about.

Should we take you seriously Crucible considering the following (it's seven days old):

ME:
The fact that you are unable to actually deal with the OP would suggest your theology is untenable.

YOU:
That's funny considering that I have vanquished it ten times over on here...

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
13495149_1731340333807605_9001731133784069185_n.jpg