Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The thread was opened by Sonnet who went on to deny that he was a Christian.

TOL as a forum does not support Calvinism. That being said. Christianity comes in many different flavors. The doctrines of some Christian sects can be distasteful.

The ECT is intended as board for sincere inquiry and debates between Christians. Sonnet excluded himself when he denied being a Christian then then went on to brow beat the Calvinists for their doctrine. Had it been one of the Open Theists that opened the thread, I would not have moved it. Note I did not remove your thread.

Sherman,

Much respect for your time in clarification.

I just want to suggest that there is more to Sonnet than meets the eye.

He has clearly generated scriptural focus and a topic that draws a necessary debate.

And yet, thank you for being so clear in your explanation..

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Cross Reference

The thread was opened by Sonnet who went on to deny that he was a Christian.

TOL as a forum does not support Calvinism. That being said. Christianity comes in many different flavors. The doctrines of some Christian sects can be distasteful.

The ECT is intended as board for sincere inquiry and debates between Christians. Sonnet excluded himself when he denied being a Christian then then went on to brow beat the Calvinists for their doctrine. .

I don't remeber him saying he did not believe in Christ. Big difference if TOL can be an example by the various doctrines on exhibit.

Cross Reference

So there you have it, in a nutshell :plain:
Maybe now you can see why Reformed Christians take offense- it is because virtually all these people ran off with Calvinist notions and revised them to their liking- and then have the nerve to come back around calling us the heretics.

So we can rightly assume you are one of them who ran off?

What a ridiculous thing that is!
So you may want to check your demeanor. . .:)

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

It wasn't just Calvin. John simply had the high seat among the rest, to a point where he was dubbed the 'Pope of Geneva'. Many people even put him above Martin Luther, who was the very first in his time to speak against the Roman Church.
The Diet of Worms is where it really began- the cutoff between Luther and the rest of the reformists from the Catholic Church.

The reason Calvin took the cake is because of Luther's unwillingness to do away with certain Catholic doctrine, which the rest of the reformers saw was required to necessitate predestinarian theology. The way it was seen, was that if you took away sovereign election, you took away justification to break communion with the Pope.

And Luther stayed on the fence, being half protestant and half catholic. That is why today the Lutheran churches are barely protestant at all despite being a mother church of the Reformation.

Calvin wasn't the only author of Calvinist ideology, he was the authority of it. It was something all the reformists were in on. Now if you're wondering where Arminians came from- it is actually very simple: Arminius was a student of Calvin's, and he condemned Calvin on hinging to Saint Augustine's theology (which was heavily predestinarian), calling it Stoic paganism.

And if you're wondering where Methodism came from, who hold to free will and which are the contrary, inverted church to the Presbyterians, that is simple as well: they broke communion with the English Church in the 1700's.

So there you have it, in a nutshell :plain:
Maybe now you can see why Reformed Christians take offense- it is because virtually all these people ran off with Calvinist notions and revised them to their liking- and then have the nerve to come back around calling us the heretics.

What a ridiculous thing that is!
So you may want to check your demeanor.

Crucible,

Guess what?

I can respect that kind of post.

You were incredibly informed and brought information back to my mind that I prefer to be at the forefront.

Solid and Appreciated.

But in no way believe that I am professing to drink down doctrines of men that post date scripture. I still hold the Red Letters supreme.

[emoji106]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You hit the nail on the head earlier with Theosophy. I've known theosophists through the Waldorf schools, whose hero is Rudolph Steiner. They claim to be Christian. It is basically a society that accepts any and all belief, whether atheist, Buddhist, Muslim, Christian, etc. I say without a doubt that, the Spirit of Christ, kept me away from this heresy, as it is subtle and means to entice with talk of unity among mankind. Nothing but New Age anti-Christ. I also found them to be exceptionally well-read in Scripture.

the·os·o·phy
THēˈäsəfē/
noun
any of a number of philosophies maintaining that a knowledge of God may be achieved through spiritual ecstasy, direct intuition, or special individual relations, especially the movement founded in 1875 as the Theosophical Society by Helena Blavatsky and Henry Steel Olcott (1832–1907).

Spoiler Alert: Not It

Nice try EW.

Perhaps if you throw enough slanderous terms my way one will stick?

Have you googled Arianism yet?

Spoiler Alert: Not It.

Perhaps embarrassment could be saved if you use google.

Are you still using Bing?

Oh man! I'm so sorry. That explains everything.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
the·os·o·phy
THēˈäsəfē/
noun
any of a number of philosophies maintaining that a knowledge of God may be achieved through spiritual ecstasy, direct intuition, or special individual relations, especially the movement founded in 1875 as the Theosophical Society by Helena Blavatsky and Henry Steel Olcott (1832–1907).

Spoiler Alert: Not It

Nice try EW.

Perhaps if you throw enough slanderous terms my way one will stick?

Have you googled Arianism yet?

Spoiler Alert: Not It.

Perhaps embarrassment could be saved if you use google.

Are you still using Bing?

Oh man! I'm so sorry. That explains everything.

Nice 2-minute google. There's much about Theosophy that has been hybridized within the Christian faith by many from the last two centuries. It's too subtle for you to deny without knowing both the depths of the Christian faith and the minutaie of Theosophy.

You're a Syncretist.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Nice 2-minute google. There's much about Theosophy that has been hybridized within the Christian faith by many from the last two centuries. It's too subtle for you to deny without knowing both the depths of the Christian faith and the minutaie of Theosophy.

You're a Syncretist.

Look everybody, I'm a human dart board!

Too bad PPS's dart o label system is an old trick he uses throughout all the forums.

"You don't agree with me, here's a label dart to discredit you."

Original PPS.

Wow! Why not just call me a witch?

Do you know what else floats?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

You're a Syncretist.

I dub thee PPS, Christian Reformed Theology Sophist.

Circular logic, delivered with impressively fancy arguments.

I believe I complimented you and insulted you in one breath.

[emoji848]

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Look everybody, I'm a human dart board!

No. A professional victim with the mentality that accompanies it.

Too bad PPS's dart o label system is an old trick he uses throughout all the forums.

LOL. Nice evasion and projection and deflection.

"You don't agree with me, here's a label dart to discredit you."

You're a Syncretist. You don't adhere to the Christian faith and promote that. You innovate according to your own rogue autonomy.

Original PPS.

Unoriginal WARNIG.

Wow! Why not just call me a witch?

Not much difference, functionally.

Do you know what else floats?

You.

Reactions: Lon

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I dub thee PPS, Christian Reformed Theology Sophist.

Circular logic, delivered with impressively fancy arguments.

I believe I complimented you and insulted you in one breath.

[emoji848]

No. You just demonstrated your ineptitude at either one as distraction from you being non-Christian in your doctrines.

Why not just stop innovating and learn?

No. You want to be the renegade maverick of self-expressing renovation for Christian terms, and then project that back onto others.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
No. You just demonstrated your ineptitude at either one as distraction from you being non-Christian in your doctrines.

No. You want to be the renegade maverick of self-expressing renovation for Christian terms, and then project that back onto others.

PPS,

The proper answer to "do you know what else floats" is ducks and very small rocks.

Then you say do you know why ducks float?

And I say because they are made of wood.

Then, together, we conclude that witches and ducks float because they are made of wood.

Finally we realize that you can burn wood.

Then you shout: ............

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

On a serious note....

I think you nailed me down.

I'm a syncretist that blends the teachings of Jesus with the entire Bible.

If you can't let go of the pieces of infinity thing, I ask you this.

What is the source of life to everything that lives?

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Theosophy is a contemporary, toned down Gnostic approach. I say 'toned down' because Gnosticism was in a league of it's own, and here's why :rolleyes:

Gnosticism was one of the first primary heresies within Christianity, going all the way back to the first centuries. It was in practicality about one being able to deduce and control the mysteries of the spiritual to cleanse the tainted physical.

Appropriately, they believed in dualism and that Jesus was an emissary to free man from the clutches of the demiurge who ruled over Earth. Ultimately, this allegedly gave man the ability to receive knowledge where they could not before.

This is predominantly where idolatry crept it's way in at, and one is foolish to think that the Catholic Church rejected it all when seeing their rites of exorcisms, utilization of holy water, and other sacred objects/rituals.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Theosophy is just a contemporary word for Gnosticism.

Gnosticism was one of the first primary heresies within Christianity, going all the way back to the first centuries. It was in practicality about one being able to deduce and control the mysteries of the spiritual to cleanse the tainted physical.

Appropriately, they believed in dualism and that Jesus was an emissary to free man from the clutches of the demiurge who ruled over Earth. Ultimately, this allegedly gave man the ability to receive knowledge where they could not before.

This is predominantly where idolatry crept it's way in at, and one is foolish to think that the Catholic Church rejected it all when seeing their rites of exorcisms, utilization of holy water, and other sacred objects/rituals.

Back to Gnosticism.

Again, Gnostics believed that Christ was a lesser Deity which brought revelation through gnosis or knowledge.

Through that knowledge they believed themselves saved.

I profess Jesus as My Sole Propitiation and Hope.

I profess Him YHWH or Elohim or God. What ever gets the point across to you.

I profess God alone saves us.

I profess faith alone saves us.

I do Not profess that anyone's theological perfection or gnosis saves them.

I also believe that Love in the form of unconditional Love is a symptom of being in the True Vine.

This is an interesting point to reflect on, but I digress.

Who is claiming theological perfection saves here?

Who is claiming Jesus alone saves here?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Theosophy is a contemporary, toned down Gnostic approach. I say 'toned down' because Gnosticism was in a league of it's own, and here's why :rolleyes:

Crucible,

Recognition point 2.

Well defined.

No sarcasm.

That would be a solid OP and reference point.