Quettion for Mads.

God's Truth

2 Corinthians 7:1

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The following is the flesh, and those born of God are to be cleansed of these by the regeneration of the washing of the word through Christ by the Spirit. We are not to walk in the flesh once we are born of God, we then to produce the fruits of the Spirit, which is the only thing holy about us.

Galatians 5

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is only through Christ by the Holy Spirit cleansing us that makes us anything. It's Christ manifest within us by the Spirit that is Holy

Even Jesus himself said "why do you call me good, there's none good but God" although Jesus was perfect, but he didn't up himself like that, calling himself holy.

And Jesus said to God in his prayers, you have given me power over all flesh, and the power that he received came through the Holy Spirit within him.

Those scriptures prove the saved are not to call themselves filthy.

Can you imagine the Spirit of God living in a filthy vessel?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Holy means set apart.

You should be set apart for culling purposes.

I just now saw this but I figured when I wrote my reply that someone else would likely say the same....since it is for sure what it means.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not all of them say "holy". some translate sanctified. There is a huge difference.

You guys take a pick which ones make you feel superior.

Sanctified, holy, saint- all the same word in Greek- hagios.

God's Truth

Saul of Tarsus didn't ask to be saved.

What do you think he was asking for when he didn't eat or drink for three days before he was saved?

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

Paul spent this time praying. If you do not think that Paul spent this time begging for forgiveness and repenting, then you would be badly mistaken.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The title "holy" belongs to only God and Jesus.

We will be holy if God take care of our imperfection and cleans all our filth. Even then we should not claim to be holy.

But no one knows who Jesus cleanses.

You guys are reading the Bible so conveniently. No wonder so many of your corrupt practices.
I know you don't like the apostle Paul's teachings.
How do you feel about the teachings from Peter?

1 Peter 1:16 KJV
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And in case you think Peter is "out of context" ..... it is a direct instruction from GOD.

Leviticus 11:44-45 KJV
(44) For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
(45) For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

Leviticus 20:7 KJV
(7) Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

It is an instruction from GOD written in scripture that ye be holy, therefore the word "holy" most definitely can be applied to man.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I surely haven't set myself apart. Except maybe when farts are especially bad.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
When I believed on Christ, GOD set me apart(sanctified me) from the lost.

I have nothing to glory in but Christ and His work on the cross and resurrection.
So you ignore the bible saying let others praise you.