Quettion for Mads.

Truster

Believe what is plainly written. Jesus says that he gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey.

I have noted that and know He doesn't give the Holy Spirit to those hypocrites who "think" they obey. Conversion turns a person from disobedience to obedience. It is all of grace through trust lest any man should boast...as you do.

God's Truth

I have noted that and know He doesn't give the Holy Spirit to those hypocrites who "think" they obey.
There is no such thing as think you obey. Either you obey or you don't.
Conversion turns a person from disobedience to obedience. It is all of grace through trust lest any man should boast...as you do.

The boasting no man can do anymore is circumcision and the other purification works that the Jews used to do.

The Jews used to be able to boast in their ceremonial/purification works.

Romans 2:23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

The Jews had the ceremonial works to boast in, they boasted in those they circumcised too.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Truster

There is no such thing as think you obey. Either you obey or you don't.

The boasting no man can do anymore is circumcision and the other purification works that the Jews used to do.

The Jews used to be able to boast in their ceremonial/purification works.

Romans 2:23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

The Jews had the ceremonial works to boast in, they boasted in those they circumcised too.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

You think you've been saved, but you haven't

You think you obey, but you don't

You think you are spiritual, but you are dead in sin.

You think that you think, but you think you can't think, so you try to stop thinking, but you think you can't and so you don't stop thinking...

God's Truth

You think you've been saved, but you haven't

You think you obey, but you don't

You think you are spiritual, but you are dead in sin.

You think that you think, but you think you can't think, so you try to stop thinking, but you think you can't and so you don't stop thinking...

So you don't want to talk about the scriptures? You just want to put me down?

Truster

Don't you say ANYTHING according to the scriptures? Is everything you say made up?

The scriptures contain doctrine and I am a partaker of the word and the doctrine. You only see the words and repeat them parrot fashion with no understanding.

marhig

Our flesh is filth? Where do you get that from? Jehovah gave us physical bodies to ENJOY and live with forever. You reject His beautiful creation? (Psalm 37:11,29; Isaiah 45:18)

2 Corinthians 7:1

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The following is the flesh, and those born of God are to be cleansed of these by the regeneration of the washing of the word through Christ by the Spirit. We are not to walk in the flesh once we are born of God, we then to produce the fruits of the Spirit, which is the only thing holy about us.

Galatians 5

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is only through Christ by the Holy Spirit cleansing us that makes us anything. It's Christ manifest within us by the Spirit that is Holy

Even Jesus himself said "why do you call me good, there's none good but God" although Jesus was perfect, but he didn't up himself like that, calling himself holy.

And Jesus said to God in his prayers, you have given me power over all flesh, and the power that he received came through the Holy Spirit within him.

ClimateSanity

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”*

Romans 10:13.

What do you make of that verse truster? How does it relate to the converted?

Truster

He was not forced. He believed, then he was sealed (saved). Paul lays this out very distinctly more than once.

He was knocked off his horse and blinded by light. He was disabled and needed to be led away. Saul was made helpless until help was sent. What Bible do you read?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He was knocked off his horse and blinded by light. He was disabled and needed to be led away. Saul was made helpless until help was sent. What Bible do you read?

Acts 9

4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?

Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?

The Lord Jesus Christ told him who it was. It was not revealed to him like Peter. Paul willingly believed and was clearly was convinced.

Acts 26

14 And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.

Truster

Acts 9

4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?

Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?

The Lord Jesus Christ told him who it was. It was not revealed to him like Peter. Paul willingly believed and was clearly was convinced.

Acts 26

14 And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.

"Willingly believed".....hahahaaa.

Acts 9:15

"a chosen vessel".

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you catch the edit as correctly recorded by Luke in chapter 9? The others did not here all that was said. It was not revealed to Luke or anybody else. Just Paul.

17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Steko answered.

So MADs,

Truster has been claiming to be "holy". and Steko has been thanking truster for his comments.

So I asked above question to steko.

Is this what MADs claim or just Steko who believes he is "holy"?

thanks.

Well, I don't thank Truster for 'all' his comments.

'Holy/hagios' means 'set apart'.

Have you been set apart by the LORD, Meshak?

God's Truth

The scriptures contain doctrine and I am a partaker of the word and the doctrine. You only see the words and repeat them parrot fashion with no understanding.

Do these scriptures mean anything to you:

You have to OBEY God to receive understanding.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Do you understand now why I preach obedience?