question for MADIsts.

God's Truth

Tell me, fool woman - the following that was "for" Jews under the Law - was it "to" and "about" Jesus as a male Jew under the Law?

Luke 2:22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

Even in Jesus' case, though "all Scripture is for us, not all of it is to, nor all about us."

You prove this with every other post.

At the same time that you reveal your ignorance of this simple principle.

And yet, you think you have something to say.

I'm sorry, GT, but you have a serious case of one looking for her keys though there they have been...in her hands...all along.

Til you wake up to this simple fact, don't expect much respect from those who have continually pointed out to you that if those keys in your hand all along, were a snake; they would long ago have bitten you.
You are in danger of Hell fire. How do I know that? I know because that is what Jesus says.

lifeisgood

Gros,

Would you explain these scriptures to me, and pay attention especially to the emboldened words.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Verses 2:5-9 — Talking about the hardness of the heart toward God, with a refusal to trust in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary for Salvation, which comes EXCLUSIVELY from God.

SOME are contending with God attempting to devise a way OTHER THAN Jesus Christ and Him crucified opposing the Truth.

The natural results to the one rejecting Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary is tribulation and anguish, to the Jew first, who is held more responsible, and also to the Gentile.

Verse 2:10 — presents God’s logic, which proclaims that if certain things are done, certain things will follow. The Jew’s place of prominence is presented again, which they forfeited until the fullness of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Verse 2:11 — in the Greek ‘for there is not a respecting of face in the presence of God’; which means that God does not receive anyone’s face, irrespective of whom they might be, but only the face of Jesus Christ.

lifeisgood

You're way off with that one. Scholars agree that I John 5:7 was a corruption and added much later than the first century.

Only those who do not want to believe exclusively in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary for their salvation.

If you get Jesus Christ wrong, it does not matter what else you get right.

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh? If you don't then you are refusing God's way and inventing your own way.

lifeisgood

What are you gaining by ignoring my question? Why won't you explain who Jesus' God is? He said that he was going back to "MY GOD" (John 20:17) Who is that?

If you really want a well-written article on the subject:
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_jesus_having_a_god.htm

Excerpt:

As a side note, 2 Samuel 7:14 is applied to Jesus in Hebrews 1:5!

But since the only way Jesus could have ever fulfilled these promises is by becoming a man from the line of David this implies that Hebrews 1:8-9 has Jesus’ Incarnation and exaltation in view. After all, if Jesus hadn’t taken on a human nature he would not have become a descendant of David and could not therefore rule on the throne as his representative.

Moreover, since Jesus became a true human being and will forever remain a man who sits on the throne as David’s representative, the Father became and will forever remain his God. So there is no problem with Jesus having a God over him.

Now does this mean that Jesus’ humanity is being deified, that the human nature of Christ is being called God, since we are claiming that this text has in mind Jesus’ humanity which accounts for his having a God over him? Not at all.

At the Incarnation Jesus did not cease to be God, but simply added an additional nature to his Divine Person. Hebrews 1:8-9 isn’t necessarily referring to Jesus as God or Jesus as man, but does have in mind the Incarnation and subsequent resurrection and exaltation. The text is speaking of the one Person who at this point in time was both God and man simultaneously. Putting it simply, since Hebrews 1:8-9 has Christ's post-resurrected exaltation in view Jesus can therefore be addressed as God in reference to his Divine nature and said to have a God over him in reference to his humanity. It isn’t an either/or scenario, but a both/and situation.

The Divine Father is praising his Divine Son for ruling forever on David’s throne as the God-man. Amen. May the risen and exalted Lord, the One who is the only God-man forever, Jesus Christ, also be praised by all his creation forever and ever. Amen.

lifeisgood

I have been believing that salvation is free and the gift of God. If you were paying attention you would know that. I trust Jesus and I AM saved---so far. (Matt.24:13)

"So far"?

'So far' means that you have not been saved and are working your fingers off hoping that God will accept what you do and you are rejecting the ONLY WAY that God will ACCEPT --- Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

God's Truth

You don't know all of your sins, if you did Jesus Christ would not have had to come down to this world to pay for them in your place.

I do know all my sins. Jesus still had to die for my sins. Don't you know that you are to be conformed, transformed, into the image of Christ?

God's Truth

Verses 2:5-9 — Talking about the hardness of the heart toward God, with a refusal to trust in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary for Salvation, which comes EXCLUSIVELY from God.
It is about ALL who refuse to repent of their sins. It is about All, those who call themselves Christian and those who want nothing to do with Christ. So you are already wrong about what you said.

SOME are contending with God attempting to devise a way OTHER THAN Jesus Christ and Him crucified opposing the Truth.
To me, your imagination seems wild, making up things that are not there.

The natural results to the one rejecting Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary is tribulation and anguish, to the Jew first, who is held more responsible, and also to the Gentile.
Those who do not repent of their sins have an unrepentant heart will suffer wrath. You are the one who refuses to repent of sins. You keep saying repent means to change your mind about God and not about confessing and repenting of our sins.

Verse 2:10 — presents God’s logic, which proclaims that if certain things are done, certain things will follow. The Jew’s place of prominence is presented again, which they forfeited until the fullness of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

No, the scripture says JEWS AND GENTILES have to repent of their sins if they want to be saved.

Verse 2:11 — in the Greek ‘for there is not a respecting of face in the presence of God’; which means that God does not receive anyone’s face, irrespective of whom they might be, but only the face of Jesus Christ.

We have to repent of our sins to Jesus---that is what that means!!!

The scripture PLAINLY says God does NOT play favoritsim.

That means you cannot say, "But I am a Christian."