Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

john w

Hall of Fame
(Gal 2:2) I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

In the above verse Paul meets with Peter and some other Apostles in private to make sure that what he was preaching to the Gentiles was ok.

If the gospel Paul was preaching to the Gentiles was some secret gospel that Peter and the other Apostles knew nothing about (MAD's claim), then how did Peter and the other Apostles know whether to approve it or not?

Answer, sweetie:

"Tet, is this how you see salvation taking place?
Or will you call her out on this?"-Mayor STP

john w

Hall of Fame

“Tet., what is the gospel?..............There is a chance that Tet. has been taught wrong about how we are saved. I hope he knows that Paul did not mean faith and no obey; however, I believe that at least Tet. knows that we have to obey to stay saved. HE KNOWS we have to listen to Jesus and obey. He knows there is only one gospel.”-“god”’suntruth

Still waiting, Craigie.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why is it that you get to ignore my questions, but I'm supposed to answer yours?

Why are you ignoring, mut:?

“Tet., what is the gospel?..............There is a chance that Tet. has been taught wrong about how we are saved. I hope he knows that Paul did not mean faith and no obey; however, I believe that at least Tet. knows that we have to obey to stay saved. HE KNOWS we have to listen to Jesus and obey. He knows there is only one gospel.”-“god”’suntruth

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
More proof that Paul preached the same gospel as the other Apostles:

(Eph 3:4-5) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

In the above, Paul tells us that the mystery of Christ was revealed to "his holy apostles".

Nothing about some apostles receiving information for one gospel, and other apostles receiving information for a different gospel.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why will you tolerate her false gospel just because she hates MAD, too?

Correct, Mayor. Craigie is so obsessed with allegedly disproving us MAD meanies, that he will tolerate/encourage, all perversions of the gospel of Christ, not rebuking anyone, since he is a man pleaser, as long as that perverter is not a "dispie/MAD" proponent.

It's called spinelessness, w/o vertebrae.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why will you tolerate her false gospel just because she hates MAD, too?

I'm sticking to the topic of the thread.

If you want to start a thread about faith and works go ahead, and I'll tell you what I think about it.

If you do start the thread, here are two good verses for it:

(Gal 5:6 KJV) For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

(James 2:17 KJV) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

john w

Hall of Fame

(Eph 3:4-5) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

In the above, Paul tells us that the mystery of Christ was revealed to "his holy apostles".

Nothing about some apostles receiving information for one gospel, and other apostles receiving information for a different gospel.

as it is now revealed

Subtil, serpent-Genesis 3 KJV.

What is this "one gospel," Craigie, that saves?

john w

Hall of Fame

Still waiting, Craigie.

Danoh

You call that an answer, lol

Still waiting for you to lay out 2 Peter 3...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
as it is now revealed

That's correct, which puts all your Judas accusations to rest.

As I've told you Darby followers over and over again, the New Covenant wasn't revealed to, or preached until after the cross (actually, not until after Pentecost)

john w

Hall of Fame
That's correct, which puts all your Judas accusations to rest.

As I've told you Darby followers over and over again, the New Covenant wasn't revealed to, or preached until after the cross (actually, not until after Pentecost)

"as it is now revealed"-puts your "everyone knew the mystery" "theory to rest.

You assert that Judas preached the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
She likes you. She might listen to you.

Wouldn't you rather influence her in some way, that she might believe the gospel and be saved, than stick to the topic?

Why is it that you somehow think you are better than her?

You're telling everyone there's two gospels.

Danoh

Why is it that you get to ignore my questions, but I'm supposed to answer yours?

You're right; let's answer that. I'll go first - cause answering your questions is - oh SO! - worth ignoring - Booyah!!!

Okay, who's next answering his question, here, he did ask, lol