Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

God's Truth

Try Tel-tel-a-lie...

He asserts the heresy that Jesus returned in 70AD as the Roman Army. Also, that the man of sin in 2 Thessalonians 2 enters the Body of Christ.

You seem to believe as he does. Do you believe these two heresies of his?

Be careful how you answer, as you already have enough people against you.

Do you believe these two heresies of his? Why? Why not?

I do not believe those things. I would like to hear it from him if he believes those things.

Why don't you focus on what we are discussing about there being one gospel?

God's Truth

The Lord is Good, Amen.

but when you cook it up, it's inedible; tasteless -

no thanks for me, it smells like pride, self, and works. your daily performance determines whether Jesus did enough for YOU -

ewww ! it also smells like a mixture of sulphur and burnt hair -

How can you say that about obeying Jesus?

It is not my works that I am doing, it is God's works.

I tell you, if you obey Jesus then something Great will happen.

It might not sound tasteful to you, but that is because you have no reason to believe we have to obey. You have been convinced in your faith alone. There is life in Jesus' words, but you will not have life until you do what Jesus says.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How can you say that about obeying Jesus?

It is not my works that I am doing, it is God's works.

I tell you, if you obey Jesus then something Great will happen.

It might not sound tasteful to you, but that is because you have no reason to believe we have to obey. You have been convinced in your faith alone. There is life in Jesus' words, but you will not have life until you do what Jesus says.

prove that you do -

describe what you do and how you obey - do you consider your posts OBEYING GOD ?

God's Truth

prove that you do -

describe what you do and how you obey - do you consider your posts OBEYING GOD ?

I searched for God's Truth. I got Jesus' teachings in the Holy Bible, and I started to obey what Jesus said to do.

I obeyed whatever I could. One day I called on him and he saved me.

I then had the Holy Spirit to help me to obey and to comfort me.

john w

Hall of Fame
The good news is not that we do not have to obey God anymore.

It is good to obey Jesus. I tell you, if you trust Jesus and obey him, something Great will happen to you.

You've said NADA, as usual, child of the devil, to defend/support your satanic "one piece of good news in the booik" "argument"-just the above snorts, mumblings, grunts....

heir

TOL Subscriber
I searched for God's Truth.
vs. Romans 3:11 KJV
I got Jesus' teachings in the Holy Bible, and I started to obey what Jesus said to do.
You lie Matthew 23:1-3 KJV

I obeyed whatever I could.
another lie James 2:10 KJV
One day I called on him and he saved me.
Nope. The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

I then had the Holy Spirit to help me to obey and to comfort me.
You give heed to seducing spirits. Unless there has been a moment in your life when you've trusted the Lord's faith and work in your place apart from anything you have done, you do not have the Spirit of God dwelling in you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
vs. Romans 3:11 KJV You lie Matthew 23:1-3 KJV

another lie James 2:10 KJVNope. The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

You give heed to seducing spirits. Unless there has been a moment in your life when you've trusted the Lord's faith and work in your place apart from anything you have done, you do not have the Spirit of God dwelling in you.

You said forgiveness of sins has nothing to do with salvation.

Only believe, you say.

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You said forgiveness of sins has nothing to do with salvation.

Only believe, you say.

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

LA

The book of James was written to the Twelve tribes of "ISRAEL" not to the gentiles!!
Learn to rightly divide the word of God then, come back and 'try' to preach, LA. You're
ALL messed up.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You give heed to seducing spirits.

You're a follower of John Nelson Darby.

Once again heir, you completely ignore the topic of the thread.

You claim there are two gospels, you claim you know how to "rightly divide", yet you have no explanation for 2 Peter 3.

You're "two gospel" theory can't stand the test of scripture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He asserts the heresy that Jesus returned in 70AD as the Roman Army. Also, that the man of sin in 2 Thessalonians 2 enters the Body of Christ.

Now you're just making things up.

I said the temple mentioned in 2 Thess 2 is the temple that stood in Jerusalem in the first century.

Dispensationalism teaches that the temple in 2 Thess 2 is a future third temple that hasn't been built yet.

I also said that the bodies of believers are a temple for the Holy Spirit.

You're just another follower of Darby who can't reconcile 2 Peter 3 with your "two gospel" theory.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The book of James was written to the Twelve tribes of "ISRAEL" not to the gentiles!!

Galatians was written to the churches in Galatia.

(Gal 1:2 KJV) And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

Yet MAD claims some of the churches in Galatia preached a different gospel than the gospel Paul preached.

Notice Paul didn't say "unto the body churches of Galatia"

The reason Paul didn't distinguish one church from another church is because there was only one gospel being preached in the churches at Galatia.

Danoh

Now you're just making things up.

I said the temple mentioned in 2 Thess 2 is the temple that stood in Jerusalem in the first century.

Dispensationalism teaches that the temple in 2 Thess 2 is a future third temple that hasn't been built yet.

I also said that the bodies of believers are a temple for the Holy Spirit.

You're just another follower of Darby who can't reconcile 2 Peter 3 with your "two gospel" theory.

I'm still waiting for you to lay out 2 Peter 3.

All you have done thus far, is continually post your two and two equals three. As your deduction continues to lack information evidenced in Scripture, so does your conclusion.

Lay it out already.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Come on, steko, it is not so terrible to believe there is one gospel, and that we have to obey Jesus. Do those beliefs of mine really warrant all the name calling and animosity I am getting from the MAD group?

We repent and wait for the Lord. His words are life and we need to eat everyday, we need to obey everyday.

Come and taste that the Lord is good, Psalm 34:8

How and what are you obeying?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm still waiting for you to lay out 2 Peter 3.

All you have done thus far, is continually post your two and two equals three. As your deduction continues to lack information evidenced in Scripture, so does your conclusion.

Lay it out already.

It's laid out in the first two posts of this thread.

It's really not hard to understand.

The reason every MADist has avoided it is because MAD has no explanation for it.

2 Peter 3 completely destroys the "two gospel" theory that MADists perpetuate.

God's Truth

vs. Romans 3:11 KJV

Paul is quoting King David. Paul is explaining that the Jews were sinful too. What is King David saying where Paul quotes? Listen carefully; at that time in which David speaks, the people are in a bad condition inside Israel. When the day spoken of arrived, no one searched for God.

If no one ever searched for God, ever, then how was it that the Israelites called out to God to help them when they thought God had forgotten them while they were slaves in Egypt?

Exodus 3:9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.

Deuteronomy 26:7 Then we cried out to the LORD, the God of our ancestors, and the LORD heard our voice and saw our misery, toil and oppression.

If no one ever searched for God, then why do the scriptures say people did?
In the New Testament, when Jesus arrived, people shouted: “Son of David, have mercy on me”. They were looking for the Messiah. In the New Testament a blind man was searching for the Son of God, the prophet’s had said would come. I just showed you that people do search for God. Again, Paul was explaining that the Jews were sinners like the Gentiles, even though the Jews were supposed to be God’s Holy people.

You lie Matthew 23:1-3 KJV
The temple is not standing and there is no more Moses’ seat.
another lie James 2:10 KJV
I have tried to explain that scripture to you more than once, but you refuse to participate in a deep discussion about it.

James is explaining that we are to obey the Royal Law of love your neighbor.
James is explaining that if you love your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, and not committing adultery with your neighbor’s spouse…yet you steal from your neighbor---you have obeyed all the laws for loving your neighbor, except for one of the laws, stealing---that means you are guilty of breaking all the law of “Love your neighbor”.

You see, love means doing your neighbor no harm. If you do not harm your neighbor, you are loving your neighbor. So if you obey everything, but fail on just one point…then you do NOT love your neighbor. What kind of loving your neighbor is it when you are stealing from them?

The Royal Law of love your neighbor is not just an old law teaching, it is taught in the New Testament.

Nope. The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)
All the scriptures that say we have to believe---they do not nullify all the scriptures that say obey.
Of course, we have to believe.
Believe what? Believe that we have to obey!
You should be more careful what you say.

God's Truth

She will never lay it out for us just what exactly she thinks is obeying.

I have told you more than once what I did, yet you cannot see or hear it.

I did what God says to do, I searched for Him...I got Jesus' teachings, and I started to obey them.

I feared God, I humbled myself, I admitted I was a sinner, I confessed and repented of my sins, I obeyed Jesus, and called on his name.