Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Danoh

can and did, hundreds, if not thousands of times

obviously Peter didn't get it when Jesus was here, Peter didn't get it when Paul wrote Galatians, and Peter finally understood more of Paul's gospel by the time he wrote 2 Peter -

2nd Peter was written 3 years after 1st Peter - AD 62-64 for 1 and AD 67 for 2 - both possibly from Rome. some 15 years or more AFTER Paul's first writings. i take nothing away from Peter, he just didn't know Paul's revelations received directly from Christ -

you have seen all the scriptures proving more than one revelation of good news and 2 different gospels yet you continue to beat a dead horse. you will never see it, and it doesn't bother me. some of us see exactly what the Bible plainly says -

Rome? Did someone mention Rome?

Quick, Peter, here's your Roman army costume, Jesus is coming and you'll "want to be in that number, oh when the Romans - when the Romans come marching in."

Oh when the Romans,
Oh when the Romans,
Oh when Jesus,
Oh when Jesus,
Oh when the Romans
Come marchin in.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
what do the greetings have to do with anything -

Glad you asked.

"Grace" was a Greek (Gentile) greeting.

"Peace" (Shalom) was a Hebrew (Jewish) greeting.

"Grace & Peace" together was symbolic of both Jews and Gentiles being one new man in Christ Jesus with one gospel.

If there was such a thing as a "kingdom" church, there is no way Peter would have addressed such a church with the greeting "Grace and Peace". He would have just used "Peace".

Because there is only one gospel, where there is no difference between Jew and Gentile, both Paul and Peter addressed the churches they wrote to with the greeting "Grace and Peace".

Danoh

It takes faith to believe Jesus' blood cleans me and reconciles me to God. It takes faith to trust Jesus and do what he says to get to the Father.

Believe me, you'll get to the Father alright.

All who add to the Cross will.

Put on your best dress, and bring some wood to bite on - the day of His Great White Throne will be one heck of a roast.

Danoh

Glad you asked.

"Grace & Peace" together was symbolic of both Jews and Gentiles being one new man in Christ Jesus with one gospel.

If there was such a thing as a "kingdom" church, there is no way Peter would have addressed such a church with the greeting "Grace and Peace". He would have just used "Peace".

Because there is only one gospel, where there is no difference between Jew and Gentile, both Paul and Peter addressed the churches they wrote to with the greeting "Grace and Peace".

ROFL - That was even funnier than John W's "Hop sing!"

God's Truth

Believe me, you'll get to the Father alright.

All who add to the Cross will.

Put on your best dress, and bring some wood to bite on - the day of His Great White Throne will be one heck of a roast.

Jesus doesn't punish people who obey him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ROFL - That was even funnier than John W's "Hop sing!"

"During New Testament times, the salutation of “grace” was the customary greeting exchanged between Greeks when they approached each other. Just as we would say, “Hello, how are you doing?” as a polite way of greeting someone we meet, the Greeks would say, “Grace!” when greeting one another.

This word “grace” is the Greek word charis, which means grace but also carries the idea of favor. So when a person greeted someone with this salutation, it was the equivalent of his saying, “I greet you with grace and favor.”

But Paul wasn’t only addressing the Greek world. As a Jew himself, he also wanted to greet the Jewish world that would be reading his epistles. When the Jews met each other, their customary way of greeting one another was to say, “Shalom!” In fact, this is still the customary greeting exchanged between Jews in Israel today. The Greek equivalent for the Hebrew word shalom is the word eirene, which is the word for peace.

By using both of these two greetings at the beginning of his epistles, Paul brilliantly reached out and embraced both the Greek and the Jewish world at the outset of his writings."
- SOURCE

See also HERE, HERE, and HERE

Zeke

I wonder where GT is...

Here, she is being given some room to breath, and she's nowhere around to enjoy the brief respite.

I truly believe hers is not the same case as Tel a sty [in his] eye - he is knowingly gainsaying the truth.

She doesn't know any better. There is a difference. Nuff said..

Back to Don Quixote and his "temple" question, that he might once more try to sneak in the notion that what Paul is talking about in 2 Thessalonians 2 is the man of sin taking up residence in the Body of Christ.

Then, again, perhaps Tel... tel... a lie's assertion is autobiographical...

Here's mud in your eye Teltelestai, lol

Romans seven explains the man of sin concept Romans 7:18, and where it takes place in the kingdom and temple of God 1Cor 3:16, which is within the conscience and none observable to the carnal eye Luke 17:20-21.

Literal cloud watchers, and nationalistic believers in a literal Israel of historic validity, because you where sucker punched by Acts, dividing false assertions that never happened and where meant to be taken as allegorical Symbology Galatians 4:24.

God's Truth

The works we no longer have to do are the ceremonial works. The ceremonial works are the works the people used to have to do to justify/clean themselves just to be able to go to the temple to worship God.

The ceremonial works are the works that no longer save. Paul the Pharisee was speaking about faith and no ceremonial works saving us, because Jesus' blood makes us clean. Paul was not saying faith with no obedience saves us.

There is only one gospel. There is only one message that saves.

John the baptizer preached it, and Jesus Christ himself while on earth preached it. All the Apostles preached it. Paul did not have the creation on his shoulders; Jesus Christ did.

Jesus' words were not temporary. Jesus' words stand forever. John taught salvation through forgiveness of sins, Luke 1:77, and that is what Jesus and all the Apostles taught, even Paul. See Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Jesus is the promise that came. Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets. Jesus is the Grace of God.

The people had to have faith in Jesus before he died, and after he died. Jesus forgave sins before he died, and after he died.

The people had to wait for the promised Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit lives insides believers and came after Jesus ascended into heaven.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Eph 1:2 KJV) 2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

(1 Peter 1:2 KJV) Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Peter used the same greeting Paul did because the greeting shows there is no difference between Jew and Gentile, and all are one in Christ Jesus.

This simple salutation completely destroys MAD's "two gospel" theory.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
he is knowingly gainsaying the truth.

Nope.

What I am doing is showing what a false doctrine the teachings of John Nelson Darby are.

Since you and all the other Dispensationalists are followers of John Nelson Darby, you don't like it.

God's Truth

I can hardly believe that people who have beliefs such as the MADs will not explain questions given to them.
I can hardly believe that people think what Jesus taught was nailed to the cross.

There is one good news. there is one gospel that saves.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can hardly believe that people who have beliefs such as the MADs will not explain questions given to them.

They will go on and on about how they are the only one's who know how to "rightly divide", but yet, they run and hide when their "two gospel" theory is put to the test with scripture.

God's Truth

They will go on and on about how they are the only one's who know how to "rightly divide", but yet, they run and hide when their "two gospel" theory is put to the test with scripture.

If they would only say "I don't know", or "That is something that makes me question my doctrines".

I think that they are questioning their beliefs, or they would not result to insults.

john w

Hall of Fame
Glad you asked.

More plagiarizing, copy'npasting.