Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

God's Truth

You're a follower of John Nelson Darby.

Once again heir, you completely ignore the topic of the thread.

You claim there are two gospels, you claim you know how to "rightly divide", yet you have no explanation for 2 Peter 3.

You're "two gospel" theory can't stand the test of scripture.

What you said to heir is the exact truth, tetelestai, exactly as you said.

SaulToPaul 2

I did what God says to do, I searched for Him...I got Jesus' teachings, and I started to obey them.

I feared God, I humbled myself, I admitted I was a sinner, I confessed and repented of my sins, I obeyed Jesus, and called on his name.

Tet, is this how you see salvation taking place?
Or will you call her out on this?

God's Truth

Tet, is this how you see salvation taking place?
Or will you call her out on this?

There is a chance that Tet. has been taught wrong about how we are saved. I hope he knows that Paul did not mean faith and no obey; however, I believe that at least Tet. knows that we have to obey to stay saved. HE KNOWS we have to listen to Jesus and obey. He knows there is only one gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have told you more than once what I did, yet you cannot see or hear it.

I did what God says to do, I searched for Him...I got Jesus' teachings, and I started to obey them.

I feared God, I humbled myself, I admitted I was a sinner, I confessed and repented of my sins, I obeyed Jesus, and called on his name.

You produce more "wasted words" than most of the posters on TOL!

God's Truth

Now you're just making things up.

I said the temple mentioned in 2 Thess 2 is the temple that stood in Jerusalem in the first century.

Dispensationalism teaches that the temple in 2 Thess 2 is a future third temple that hasn't been built yet.

I also said that the bodies of believers are a temple for the Holy Spirit.

You're just another follower of Darby who can't reconcile 2 Peter 3 with your "two gospel" theory.

I knew better than to believe what he said about your beliefs.

I am so glad to hear that you do not have the strange teachings he claimed you have.

SaulToPaul 2

There is a chance that Tet. has been taught wrong about how we are saved. I hope he knows that Paul did not mean faith and no obey; however, I believe that at least Tet. knows that we have to obey to stay saved. HE KNOWS we have to listen to Jesus and obey. He knows there is only one gospel.

Don't count on it.

Which is why it blows my mind that he will team up with you to fight the evil MAD (whose gospel he agrees with).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have told you more than once what I did, yet you cannot see or hear it.

Then, you've reached the pinnacle of Spiritual perfection, I take it?

God's Truth

How and what are you obeying?

Don't you obey Jesus?

I will tell you how I am obeying...I keep fearing God and take joy in the fear of the LORD. I keep myself humble. I keep living through love. I keep forgiving others who do me wrong.

Don't you feel your heart soar inside? Don' you obey Jesus?

Jerry Shugart

Yet you still claim that after Paul said there is no other gospel, that Peter preached another gospel.

As usual you pervert what Paul said. Here are his exact words:

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" (Gal.1:6-8).​

Paul does not say that there is only one gospel. He knew that there were two gospels and he also knew that those preaching the other gospel would not be preaching that gospel to the Gentiles:

"...they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter...when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:7,9).​

So there is nothing written at Galatians 1:6-8 that proves that only one gospel was preached during the Acts period.

In the same chapter Paul speaks of the gospel which he preached to those in the churches which he founded and he says that he received that gospel from the Lord Jesus for the express purpose to preach it among the Gentiles:

"But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ...But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles" (Gal.1:11-12; 15-16).​

We can understand that the gospel of which Paul is speaking is strictly for the Gentiles by his remarks later in the same epistle:

"And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain" (Gal.2:2).​

If there were only "one" gospel then there would be absolutely no reason to specify that the gospel that he is speaking of is the one "which I preach among the Gentiles."

If the gospel he preached among the Gentiles was the same gospel which he preached among the Jews then why would he need to go to Jerusalem in order to consider its relationship to the gospel which he had preached earlier in the company of some of the Apostles (Acts 9:27-29)? Of course there would be no reason for him to do that if the gospel which he earlier preached with other apostles was the same one that he was preaching to the Gentiles.

Sometimes you need to use a little common sense.

God's Truth

Don't count on it.

Which is why it blows my mind that he will team up with you to fight the evil MAD (whose gospel he agrees with).

I love reading what Tet says to you all about one gospel. I love finding someone who will agree with me on God's Truth. I am not a preterist, but they do teach much truth. He is telling you the truth about one gospel, and he is doing an excellent job at it.

Jesus wants us to be like-minded. This world might have a long way to go, but I want to be part of those who preached obedience to Christ so that we can be all like-minded.

It is all about obeying Jesus. Forget about special people who are blood related to Abraham. Forget about an earthly land instead of a Spiritual land.

Forget about false tongue teachings, and physic readings.

I will always be on the side of the Truth because I preach obedience to Christ, and I have been careful about my doctrines.