Pro-choice? Where do you draw the line?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Time lengths don't change people's rights to their bodies.

Because babies don't have bodies ... :plain:

Nor do they make traumatic experiences better. A rape could take only 3 minutes. But it's still infinitely more traumatizing and life ruining then say, getting the flu even though that takes days.

So the only way to wake up feeling all fresh, new, unraped and mentally healthy is to run out the closest chop shop and rid yourself of your innocent, unborn baby?

I don't know why people say "it's only nine months" as if that makes it better.

I won't answer for others, however, I say it as a way to hopefully shake loose those me-first cobwebs that have infested your brain.

The death sentences that you would so gleefully sentence your unborn child to is far longer than a mere nine months.

So you agree with statement then.

I'd rather die then give birth to my rapists baby. I personally think that is the ultimate degradation after a rape. I have entirely too much pride and self esteem for that. It's about my sanity and mental well being.

So let's just be clear about this ... you feel that the innocent babies of unselfish rape victims are degrading to their mothers?

Oh, and this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with pride or self esteem. This is about pure selfishness and the worst type of human beings on the planet: parents who intentionally kill their children.

PureX

If everyone lacked courage behind their conviction as you do, what's the point of having any abortion laws at all?
So you think it's the courage of your conviction that justifies your wanting to force other people to comply with them?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
it is indeed

i used to work with 26 week neonates

pretty silly to consider that the protections the laws gave them after birth were denied to their counterparts who stayed in the womb longer

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was being sarcastic.

Why would *you* not choose to have a late-term abortion? There has to be a reason. IF you don't feel there is anything wrong with it, you wouldn't have made a point of stating it isn't something you would do.

IMJerusha

I was being sarcastic.

No you weren't, considering your words "I'd rather die then give birth to my rapists baby."

Again, rape victims who become pregnant need to understand that there are consequences for taking vengeance out on an innocent child. One doesn't even have to believe in God to experience these consequences.

IMJerusha

Your position is legally correct ... and morally corrupt. Nine whole stinkin' months to give birth to her innocent child who she never has to see again.

Absolutely! But hey, the one she wants will get a cell phone, ipad, laptop, all the clothes and toys he/she wants, a car at 16 and a college education. Right? That's providing she can still carry to term after the abortion or bear to look at herself or her child.

How special that you feel any of this is good. Innocent men and women do NOT intentionally kill their unborn or born children.

No, they don't.

You know full well that the other alternative allows BOTH to live rather than snuffing out the life of one on the altar of convenience. Your are putting your stamp of approval for a rape victim to become exactly what she claims to hate: an abusive violator.

And the sad part is that most don't see that until it's too late. Too late occurs when the doctor, such as he is, tells you it's okay to sit up. You thought about it when they were prepping you and wheeling the equipment closer to the table but you felt sure you were within your rights considering the way you were violated by that creep so you pushed the second thought away. THAT was the moment to get up and leave. THAT was the moment you threw away your innocence. Up to that point, you still had it.

Jezebel

Because babies don't have bodies ... :plain:
They do, but that doesn't give them the right to the woman's to sustain theirs.

So the only way to wake up feeling all fresh, new, unraped and mentally healthy is to run out the closest chop shop and rid yourself of your innocent, unborn baby?
The only way for me is to not have any ties at all to my rapist. That includes the ultimate tie, being the mother of his child.

I won't answer for others, however, I say it as a way to hopefully shake loose those me-first cobwebs that have infested your brain.

The death sentences that you would so gleefully sentence your unborn child to is far longer than a mere nine months.

See again the post about why the length of time is irrelevant.

So let's just be clear about this ... you feel that the innocent babies of unselfish rape victims are degrading to their mothers?

I'm talking about me personally. It would be degrading to me. What decisions other rape victims make about their pregnancy is up to them.
Oh, and this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with pride or self esteem. This is about pure selfishness and the worst type of human beings on the planet: parents who intentionally kill their children.

I wouldn't even consider it to be my child. To be blunt, I wouldn't care what you thought because you wouldn't be there to deal with the misery and ramifications of the choice you'd want me to make. You're a stranger and what happened to me wouldn't affect you in anyway.

Jezebel

Why would *you* not choose to have a late-term abortion? There has to be a reason. IF you don't feel there is anything wrong with it, you wouldn't have made a point of stating it isn't something you would do.

Did you read the whole thread? I've already answered this question. At point I wouldn't feel comfortable aborting a fetus that was so late term and would probably be emotionally attached.

*That is assuming this is a pregnancy that resulted from consensual sex.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you read the whole thread? I've already answered this question. At point I wouldn't feel comfortable aborting a fetus that was so late term and would probably be emotionally attached.

*That is assuming this is a pregnancy that resulted from consensual sex.

That's not a valid reason. You wouldn't be comfortable with having a late term abortion but are fine if others do it.

Your *feelings and attachment* do not change the biology and value of the unborn child. Attachment means nothing. I am not attached to the kids of random strangers ... however, that doesn't mean I would say "well it might be okay for THEM to go ahead and kill them even though I wouldn't".

You are being inconsistent.

Jezebel

That's not a valid reason. You wouldn't be comfortable with having a late term abortion but are fine if others do it.

Your *feelings and attachment* do not change the biology and value of the unborn child. Attachment means nothing. I am not attached to the kids of random strangers ... however, that doesn't mean I would say "well it might be okay for THEM to go ahead and kill them even though I wouldn't".

You are being inconsistent.
Not having your view=/=inconsistent.

My feelings and attachment do change how I decide on my pregnancy.

Lion IRC

When should rape be legal?

Anytime for any reason. (Suffient force.)
Anytime, but only as long as there's no loss of life
Anytime, but only if the woman is asleep or drugged. (No pain)
For any reason, but only up to a certain number of rapes per month. (quota)
Only in cases where the other person tricks the rapist into thinking they enjoy being raped.

IMJerusha

Not having your view=/=inconsistent.

My feelings and attachment do change how I decide on my pregnancy.

Absolutely! But hey, the one she wants will get a cell phone, ipad, laptop, all the clothes and toys he/she wants, a car at 16 and a college education. Right? That's providing she can still carry to term after the abortion or bear to look at herself or her child.

And, I guess it's also providing she has sufficient good feelings and attachment to continue allowing the poor child sustenance from her body. I mean, at any time for any reason, she could just decide to abort him or her. And if that attitude exists prior to birth, one is given to wondering if the child will really receive clothes, toys, electronics, etc. Indeed, one wonders if the child will make it to 16. Good grief!

journey

When should rape be legal?

Anytime for any reason. (Suffient force.)
Anytime, but only as long as there's no loss of life
Anytime, but only if the woman is asleep or drugged. (No pain)
For any reason, but only up to a certain number of rapes per month. (quota)
Only in cases where the other person tricks the rapist into thinking they enjoy being raped.

SICKO!

Lion IRC

I was sarcastically paraphrasing the poll topic's limited range of optional questions. :hammer:

Rape is disgraceful.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
That's not a valid reason. You wouldn't be comfortable with having a late term abortion but are fine if others do it...........
That reminds me of idiot politicians who say they are personally against abortion but will not tell other people what to do. What hypocrisy!!

Why are they "personally" against abortion other than the fact that it is the taking of an innocent life? Yet they don't want to tell other people not to take an innocent life!! They might as well say, "I am against murder, but if someone else wants to murder someone I won't tell them not to."

:jawdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.