Poll: When was the Cross first preached as good news?

Poll: When was the Cross first preached as good news?

• Sometime in the O.T. (specify where)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • During the four Gospels (specify where)

• During Peter's sermon at Pentecost in Acts 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God's Truth

No.

The truth is, you don't actually know.

I do know.

John the baptizer proclaimed the good news.

Luke 3:17-19

17 His winnowing fork is in his hand to clean out his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his storehouse, but the chaff he will burn up with inextinguishable fire.”

18 And in this way, with many other exhortations, John proclaimed good news to the people. 19 But when John rebuked Herod the tetrarch because of Herodias, his brother’s wife, and because of all the evil deeds that he had done,

musterion

I do know.

John the baptizer proclaimed the good news.

17 His winnowing fork is in his hand to clean out his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his storehouse, but the chaff he will burn up with inextinguishable fire.”

18 And in this way, with many other exhortations, John proclaimed good news to the people. 19 But when John rebuked Herod the tetrarch because of Herodias, his brother’s wife, and because of all the evil deeds that he had done,

John preached the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as good news for Jew and Gentile alike?

Got c&v on that?

God's Truth

John preached the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as good news for Jew and Gentile alike?

Got c&v on that?

I sure do.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Epoisses

None of this has any bearing on Peter, indwelt with the Holy Spirit. God, literally, spoke through him. And he said "Not so Lord!". Give your best reason as to why. Parting with Judaism is not the answer. You have already been shown "not one jot or tittle". Read James. Read Hebrews. Read the red letters. Read everything but Paul's letters and Luke's Acts of the Apostles.

What did he do after he said 'Not so Lord' - he went and ate with the Gentiles which was not lawful for a Jew. You're so brainwashed, just read Peter's epistles and see what he says about the Gentiles.

oatmeal

Don't know, that is a subject I have not investigated.

With hindsight we read Genesis 3:15 and recognize the implications, but would we have seen the implications if we were there?

We read that the seed of the woman would have its heel bruised. What, by itself, does that tell us?

Since the whole world heard that, that is, the serpent and it Adam and Ever were there and could have heard it, that would be the whole world at that time.

God's Truth

Where's knowledge of, and faith in, the preaching of the Cross as good news with John?

Like I said, you don't know.

So you want to keep going against the scripture that SAYS John preached good news. Why? Why do you do that? So why won't you accept the scripture that says John preached good news?

God's Truth

Look at that, everybody, I gave Musterion scripture that says John preached the good news.

Why is it, THE GOOD NEWS, being downplayed by Musterion?

God's Truth

There isn't anything better than Jesus; not even Paul. Paul would rebuke you for calling what he had as a better good news than John the baptizer and better than Jesus Christ himself!

Luke 4:43
But Jesus said to them, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns too, for that is what I was sent to do.”

Luke 7:22
So he answered them, “Go tell John what you have seen and heard: The blind see, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have good news proclaimed to them.

Luke 8:1
[ Jesus’ Ministry and the Help of Women ] Some time afterward he went on through towns and villages, preaching and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The twelve were with him,

Luke 9:6
Then they departed and went throughout the villages, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.

Luke 16:16
“The law and the prophets were in force until John; since then, the good news of the kingdom of God has been proclaimed, and everyone is urged to enter it.

Right Divider

Body part
Look at that, everybody, I gave Musterion scripture that says John preached the good news.

Why is it, THE GOOD NEWS, being downplayed by Musterion?
Look at that everyone, GT uses her idiotic false reasoning to prove NOTHING.

Quit EQUIVOCATING and get HONEST, you liar!

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
There isn't anything better than Jesus; not even Paul. Paul would rebuke you for calling what he had as a better good news than John the baptizer and better than Jesus Christ himself!

Luke 4:43
But Jesus said to them, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns too, for that is what I was sent to do.”

Luke 7:22
So he answered them, “Go tell John what you have seen and heard: The blind see, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have good news proclaimed to them.

Luke 8:1
[ Jesus’ Ministry and the Help of Women ] Some time afterward he went on through towns and villages, preaching and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The twelve were with him,

Luke 9:6
Then they departed and went throughout the villages, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.

Luke 16:16
“The law and the prophets were in force until John; since then, the good news of the kingdom of God has been proclaimed, and everyone is urged to enter it.
They were preaching a SPECIFIC good news, dummy.

musterion

So you want to keep going against the scripture that SAYS John preached good news. Why? Why do you do that? So why won't you accept the scripture that says John preached good news?

I asked you a question, please answer it.

Where did John specifically preach the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as good news for Jew and Gentile alike. You say he did, so show where he did.

God's Truth

I asked you a question, please answer it.

Where did John specifically preach the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as good news for Jew and Gentile alike. You say he did, so show where he did.

The Jews knew what a lamb was for, and John proclaimed that Jesus is the LAMB OF GOD.

Lambs are sacrificed and they take away sins.

Even Jesus' enemies knew that Jesus preached he would be killed and rise again. That is why there were guards put at his tomb. LOLLOLLOL

Right Divider

Body part
There isn't different good news.

The good news IS Jesus Christ.

Would you like scripture that says that?

Would you believe it then?
Hahahahaha.....

Yes, there is MUCH and MANY good news in the Bible.

That fact that YOU try to MASH it all into ONE is clear that your agenda is NOT UNDERSTANDING.

Perhaps you think that the Bible should really just be ONE sentence.