Poll: When was the Cross first preached as good news?

Poll: When was the Cross first preached as good news?

• Sometime in the O.T. (specify where)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • During the four Gospels (specify where)

• During Peter's sermon at Pentecost in Acts 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epoisses

And he said something to Cornelius. Jamie got it right, can't you?

But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together. And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean. Acts 10:26-28

You cherry pick verses and can't even read anything in context.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together. And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean. Acts 10:26-28

I hope that helps.

Epoisses

I hope that helps.

So why did he keep company with them then! You're so dumb!!!! He's speaking to Cornelius the Gentile. You people are so far gone and wholly given over to your separation doctrine that you can't even acknowledge the simplest verses of scripture. Dispensationalists are not Christian point blank. You sold your soul to John Darby and now you have nothing but gross unbelief.

musterion

So why did he keep company with them then! You're so dumb!!!!

Calm down.

Back up one step.

Think.

Peter, Spirit-filled, had already received the "great commission" which would have taken the Twelve to the likes of Cornelius eventually. That was neither news nor unexpected. It was part of the plan given them by Christ Himself.

Yet despite that fact, Peter - Spirit-filled - clearly did not want to go to Cornelius. He went because he was told to but he obviously wasn't happy about it, given his rather callous greeting to Cornelius.

Did you ever wonder what Spirit-filled Peter's problem was here?

God's Truth

Calm down.

Back up one step.

Think.

Peter, Spirit-filled, had already received the "great commission" which would have taken the Twelve to the likes of Cornelius eventually. That was neither news nor unexpected. It was part of the plan given them by Christ Himself.

Yet despite that fact, Peter - Spirit-filled - clearly did not want to go to Cornelius. He went because he was told to but he obviously wasn't happy about it, given his rather callous greeting to Cornelius.

When Jesus walked the earth and had his earthy ministry, he came first for people who were already saved. They were saved because they had faith and obeyed God.

The Gentiles were without God because they did not take care of their sin problem. They did not take care of their sin problem by making themselves clean, as the Jews did.

The Gentiles were dead in their sins, they did not clean themselves by getting circumcised, doing various external ceremonial baths, they did not adhere to a special diet, and they did not offer animals.

Just because Peter did not yet understand that Jesus' blood cleans those while DEAD IN THEIR UNCIRCUMCISED flesh, it does not mean Paul came and gave a new gospel message. The LAMB of God is a sacrifice once and for all.

Ephesians 2:1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

Did you read that?

The Gentiles were dead in their sins, they did not atone for their souls.

Now read this scripture, it gives even more details:

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

See they did not take care of their sin problem and do the purification/ceremonial works.

They were UNcircumcised in the flesh.

However, Jesus still saved them in this dead in sins state; this disobedient state. That means Jesus did not make them get circumcised first before he would save them.

God's Truth

We have in the Bible where Jews for hundreds and hundreds of years performed works of the law to make themselves clean. Works of the law are the purification/ceremonial works.

It is not a matter of abstaining from evil and doing right; it is a matter of cleaning oneself, just to be able to go to the tent, and later the temple, just to worship God, because the tent and later the temple is where His Spirit was.

That is why Jesus' blood cleans us all and no one has to clean themselves anymore; it is so we can be born again and reconciled to God.

Faith that Jesus' blood cleans you is what cleans you. Cleans you of the sins you are sorry for and repent of doing.

His blood goes beyond the external washings of the the old law. His blood actually cleans us inside and out.

That is the grace of God.

There is only one gospel; only one good news, and it is Jesus Christ.

First to the Jews, then to the Gentiles.

Epoisses

Calm down.

Back up one step.

Think.

It's pointless to debate with those who think the Jews received a different gospel then the Gentiles. As if Jews are saved by law keeping and Gentiles are saved by faith alone. Christ is the end of the law to everyone who believes. Spirit-filled Peter was also rebuked by Paul for hypocrisy.

musterion

It's pointless to debate with those who think the Jews received a different gospel then the Gentiles. As if Jews are saved by law keeping and Gentiles are saved by faith alone. Christ is the end of the law to everyone who believes. Spirit-filled Peter was also rebuked by Paul for hypocrisy.

I said nothing about Jews being saved by Law.

So you're not willing to think. Thanks for clarifying what was already obvious.

musterion

So are the Jews saved by faith in Christ but they still keep the law as well?

Answer my original question, then I'll answer yours.

What was Spirit-filled Peter's problem was here?

Epoisses

Answer my original question, then I'll answer yours.

What was Spirit-filled Peter's problem was here?

He was raised Jewish and taught that only certain foods could be ate and certain people could be associated with, DUH! Uncircumcised people are BAD!

Epoisses

So answer my question now: is law-keeping or Torah observance a requirement for Jewish believers in Christ?