Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Explain? Easy peasy...I was being sarcastic...

There was always Law...His is eternal forward and back...but some wish it to not be so but have it abolished and no longer binding...

They claim its no rules no laws...just believe/have faith...

I see

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Come on Jacob, you are playing dumb.

Under the law you are required to give to anyone that asks of you.

Your statement here is confused. What law requires that you give to anyone that asks of you, and even something that you do not have?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He added. "This do in remembrance of Me." If you commit a grave transgression, you are not in full communion with Christians, but you can reconcile with Christians by confessing your grave transgression to them with contrition. Christians should celebrate communion.

You are speaking about something that Jesus said, and I must say that we should look at what He was saying it in reference to. I do not know what a grave transgression is. I am not Catholic. I am not a Christian. I do not celebrate communion.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"Judaism" is most notably characterized as an "anti-Messiah and anti-Deity of Jesus" belief-system.
You can believe and practice almost anything - except believe in Yeshua Messiah - and still be considered "a Jew".
Karl Marx was "a Jew". Read what the Talmud has to say about Jesus and where he is right now.

I am a Jew and I believe that Yeshua is the Messiah. I do not know what you mean by a belief-system. I do not know about Karl Marx. I do not know what you are referring to by mentioning the Talmud.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I forgot. Jacob's on Sabbath. 'Won't hear from them until Sunday. Which is another commonality with law keepers, they're stuck keeping the whole law, and can't even bend it. Even when bending it makes sense to do, they won't bend. It's aggravating, and antisocial.

Today is Rishon, the first day of the week, evening and morning. It is 9-29, and the fifth day of Chanukah. I do not understand why you believe that observing the Law should be penalized.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are speaking about something that Jesus said, and I must say that we should look at what He was saying it in reference to.
It was in reference to Communion, the Lord's Supper.
I do not know what a grave transgression is.
That's OK, the Catholic Church teaches authorized morals.
I am not Catholic.
I know. I'm not either.
I am not a Christian.
You do believe that the Lord Jesus is risen from the dead.
I do not celebrate communion.
OK. You should.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Today is Rishon, the first day of the week, evening and morning. It is 9-29, and the fifth day of Chanukah.
That's nice.
I do not understand why you believe that observing the Law should be penalized.
I never said that I did. My point was that once someone identifies as a law keeper, then they keep the law, in public. But somewhere in their lives, they break the law, and they do it in private. So while they portend to be keeping the law perfectly, they in fact don't, because nobody does, so they keep to themselves about their transgressions, and keep up appearances otherwise, and it's all acting, and antisocial.

genuineoriginal

Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith"
Your interpretation is incorrect.
Paul quoted the Old Testament, which states this:

Habakkuk 2:4 ASV
4 Behold, his soul is puffed up, it is not upright in him; but the righteous shall live by his faith.

Habakkuk 2:4 AMP
4 “Look at the proud one, His soul is not right within him, But the righteous will live by his faith [in the true God].​

Habakkuk 2:4 ESV
4 “Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.

Habakkuk 2:4 NIV
4 “See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness—​

clefty

Your interpretation is incorrect.
Paul quoted the Old Testament, which states this:

Habakkuk 2:4 ASV
4 Behold, his soul is puffed up, it is not upright in him; but the righteous shall live by his faith.

Habakkuk 2:4 AMP
4 “Look at the proud one, His soul is not right within him, But the righteous will live by his faith [in the true God].​

Habakkuk 2:4 ESV
4 “Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.

Habakkuk 2:4 NIV
4 “See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness—​

Yup...Do this and live...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It was in reference to Communion, the Lord's Supper.
That's OK, the Catholic Church teaches authorized morals.
I know. I'm not either.
You do believe that the Lord Jesus is risen from the dead.
OK. You should.

Jesus observed Passover. I do not know what authorized morals are. I do believe that Jesus rose from the dead.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's nice.
I never said that I did. My point was that once someone identifies as a law keeper, then they keep the law, in public. But somewhere in their lives, they break the law, and they do it in private. So while they portend to be keeping the law perfectly, they in fact don't, because nobody does, so they keep to themselves about their transgressions, and keep up appearances otherwise, and it's all acting, and antisocial.

It is my belief that a person will act in public as they are in private. If a person lives according to God's Law at home and in the synagogue they are living as God wants them to.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am a Jew.
No, you just play one on the internet.
The New Covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.
It (the NC) will be with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, as in future, after the Body of Christ is caught up to meet the Lord in the air and after the seven year great tribulation.

Last edited:

True Worshiper

That's one thing you have right Jacob; "Communion" via "setting up a table" was done under the law yet 'Christians' continue to do so (Hebrews 9:1-5)! "Communion" with GOD is now "All Spiritual" (II Corinthians 13:14)!

Blessings

TestedandTried

If you are living by rules, laws, or religion, you are NOT living by faith. Rules, laws and religion are about you and what you are doing, it is subjective. Those that are living by faith are living by what God has done in his Son Jesus Christ, it is objective (outside of us)

The object of our faith is always God and his Son Jesus Christ. It is not in ourselves who are sinners. Paul said,

"We don't preach ourselves, we preach Jesus Christ our Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake" 2 Corinthians 4:5.

There is no power in the law. The law cannot save, nor can the law produce obedience. What the law will do is cause you to sin and become a hypocrite.

"But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT THE LAW SIN WAS DEAD" Romans 7:8.

If you are living by laws and rules you are not living according to the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus fulfills the law for us and then abolishes it.

"Blotting out (abolishing) the handwriting of the ordinances (the law) that was against us, WHICH WAS CONTRARY TO US and took it out of the way by nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

It was contrary to us because no one could keep it or do it. It is not humanly possible to keep or to do the law. The law demands that you love your neighbor as yourself, Leviticus 19:18. This means that you should sell all that you have and give it to the poor, Matthew 19:21. The rich young ruler failed there and you will also fail there. To say that you are keeping the law when you are not, is to make yourself a hypocrite.

Christians are not called to live by rules and laws, we are called to live by the Spirit of Jesus Christ. To be led by the Spirit is to be led by the Gospel. The Gospel is the means by which we have been justified. Jesus, in our name and on our behalf, justifies us, Romans 3:26. Jesus in our name and on our behalf offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. It is this life and not our life that God accepts for our justification and salvation. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. This is why Paul said,

"That I might be found in him, NOT HAVING MY OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS OF THE LAW, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness WHICH IS OF GOD BY FAITH" Philippians 3:9.

There it is. Righteousness is not of the law. What the law does is it reveals sin, "For by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.and not righteousness. You should know that you cannot do or keep the law because the law is telling you that you are a sinner. To live thinking that you are keeping the law is to live as a hypocrite.

Romans 7:6:

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

You seem to be saying this, but not quite because one must then define the "way of the Spirit".

Scriipture continues...

Galations 5:17-18:
For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Galations 5:22:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Robert Pate

Banned

Romans 7:6:

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

You seem to be saying this, but not quite because one must then define the "way of the Spirit".

Scriipture continues...

Galations 5:17-18:
For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Galations 5:22:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The way of the Spirit is the way of the Gospel.

In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed. We are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. We have ceased from our own works and are resting in the work of Jesus, Hebrews 4:10.

Knowing this we have great joy and peace with God, Galatians 5:22

TestedandTried

The way of the Spirit is the way of the Gospel.

In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed. We are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. We have ceased from our own works and are resting in the work of Jesus, Hebrews 4:10.

Knowing this we have great joy and peace with God, Galatians 5:22

Appears you do not accept Scripture or misread it. And Hebrews 4:10 is speaking of heaven if you read the context.
You dismissed all the passages I posted.

Robert Pate

Banned
Appears you do not accept Scripture or misread it. And Hebrews 4:10 is speaking of heaven if you read the context.
You dismissed all the passages I posted.

There is no mention of heaven in Hebrews 4:10, nor is there any mention of heaven in the whole 4th chapter. We rest in Christ work and not our own. Those that have not entered into Christ work and rest are the lost, Hebrews 4:3.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, you just play one on the internet. It (the NC) will be with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, as in future, after the Body of Christ is caught up to meet the Lord in the air and after the seven year great tribulation.
Incorrect. And I do not believe as you do. Shalom. Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's one thing you have right Jacob; "Communion" via "setting up a table" was done under the law yet 'Christians' continue to do so (Hebrews 9:1-5)! "Communion" with GOD is now "All Spiritual" (II Corinthians 13:14)!

Blessings

You have been here able to share a different perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.