Paul: "If Christ be not raised your faith is in vain and you are still in your sins"

beloved57

The Calvinist assertion that what Christ accomplished on the cross automatically inserts itself in the lives of the elect is false. Christ saved the world on the cross, mission accomplished. Sinners still need to believe in Jesus, receive the Holy Spirit and experience the new birth. That's not automatic and totally depraved sinners can believe in Jesus. The job of the Holy Spirit is to reprove the world of sin, righteousness and a judgment to come. All men have a conscience where God speaks to them and some respond to this drawing of Christ and most do not.
False statements! Many in the world are condemned and under God's wrath John 3:18,36!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ben Masada

"By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Well, in other words, you are implying that Jesus was a sinner. I also believe that he was but because there has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned; and Jesus was a man upon earth for 33 years of his short life; but you as a Christian, show to be too intoxicated with the gospel of Paul.

Brother Ducky

So, according to Jesus the "whosoevers" are those that believe.

OK. But that does not change anything. You said that if whosoever is limited, it is no longer whosoever.

The verse just does not speak to those who believe, only the results of that belief. If you wish to argue against election, you have to find another verse. Because this one does not work.

Epoisses

Since when did you believe in Jesus Christ ? You teach that people He died for wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief, rendering His death ineffective !

Christ's death is ineffective for unbelievers.

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Heb. 10:29

No OSAS in that verse, too bad so sad.

beloved57

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Heb. 10:29

You don't believe in Jesus Christ.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

The Christ I believe in His Death was effective for unbelievers, enemies, because as such they were reconciled to God into a right relationship with Him by Christ effective death Rom 5:10!

Robert Pate

Banned
The Christ I believe in His Death was effective for unbelievers, enemies, because as such they were reconciled to God into a right relationship with Him by Christ effective death Rom 5:10!

The whole world has been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

So that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57

The whole world has been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

So that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
False statements!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk