Pagan Mary Worship

keypurr

Was not Adam created in the image of God?

Dust, Soul and Mind?

Is not the Father the Picture of Wisdom?

Is not the Son the Flesh, as the Word became Flesh?
Was the Protoevangelium not etched into Genisis?

Is not the Spirit of Elohim the very Soul of God?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary
There is only one created express or exact image of God. The son mentioned in Heb 1.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
There is only one created express or exact image of God. The son mentioned in Heb 1.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app
Has anyone ever told you your a theological smart Elllic?

😊😊😊😁😁😁

I understand your use of time and timelessness, and the Order you see things in.

Gotta do things the hard way, don't you?
Daqq too, for that matter. 😁😊😁😊

You both are alright.

Grace to you Keypurr

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

If God could create an express image of himself why did the express image need to learn obedience?

Why didn't the Father train his child to be obedient? You know the proverb train up a child...

Pollice Verso

I went to a regular Catholic church and in comes the "priest" all dressed up in high regalia, with incense clapping away. They thing they do magic and can change bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ (transubstantiation). I guess with all the pomp and ceremony, they thing their sacred rituals are truly magical!

I seem here, Catholicism is atheism in the making, when the kids grow up! Until I can to TOL, I did believe it was just another 'holy roller' church.

I'm not Catholic and don't agree with all Catholic doxis or praxis. But I think it's important to be honest and accurate about what Catholics believe and do not believe. They do not worship idols or Mary. Disagree with what they actually believe all you like, but I think it's unfair to stereotype and set up straw men arguments against them.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Here, here ,here!
When Rome went from being pagan to Christian under Constantine, they had to find a replacement for the great mother of paganism. It was not until the time of Constantine that anyone began to look at Mary as a goddess. Since Mary was the mother of Jesus, she was the most logical person to replace the pagan mother goddess. The pagans could continue their prayers and devotion, only they would call her Mary. The pagans worshiped the mother more than her son and this is exactly what the Roman Catholicism does. True Christianity teaches that Jesus Christ, alone is to be worshiped. Jesus never advocated at the idea of Mary worship nor did any of the apostles. Worshiping the mother goddess along with her child took place centuries before Jesus Christ was ever born in many different parts of the world. In 431 A.D. Mary worship became an official doctrine of the church in at the Council of Ephesus.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If God could create an express image of himself why did the express image need to learn obedience?

Why didn't the Father train his child to be obedient? You know the proverb train up a child...

Jesus came to teach and save mankind, not learn anything! It is the paganism in men who insist on human magical powers, like turning one substance into another, which gave rise to Mary worship.

keypurr

Has anyone ever told you your a theological smart Elllic?

😊😊😊😁😁😁

I understand your use of time and timelessness, and the Order you see things in.

Gotta do things the hard way, don't you?
Daqq too, for that matter. 😁😊😁😊

You both are alright.

Grace to you Keypurr

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app
Thank you, I like to think things out. But to be honest I am not a highly educated person. I am just a guy who loves God enough to try to figure him out. Daqq is much more advanced in scripture than most.

We all struggle to learn truth. Sometimes God let's us see things that we have overlooked for years. The words EXPRESS IMAGE just woke me up one day about four years ago, it caused me to see other verses as they were meant to be seen. But I am only special to my God and my family, I do feel that God has blessed me with some idea as to who he and his son are.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Pollice Verso

Here, here ,here!
When Rome went from being pagan to Christian under Constantine, they had to find a replacement for the great mother of paganism. It was not until the time of Constantine that anyone began to look at Mary as a goddess. Since Mary was the mother of Jesus, she was the most logical person to replace the pagan mother goddess. The pagans could continue their prayers and devotion, only they would call her Mary. The pagans worshiped the mother more than her son and this is exactly what the Roman Catholicism does. True Christianity teaches that Jesus Christ, alone is to be worshiped. Jesus never advocated at the idea of Mary worship nor did any of the apostles. Worshiping the mother goddess along with her child took place centuries before Jesus Christ was ever born in many different parts of the world. In 431 A.D. Mary worship became an official doctrine of the church in at the Council of Ephesus.

Well, the Bible does say she is "full of grace." Does it describe anyone else that way?

Pollice Verso

Anyone truly saved is filled with the Holy Spirit, full of Grace

True, but Gabriel describes Mary this way before the Holy Spirit indwelled people - this was before Pentecost, remember. In fact, it was before Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
[*]If we are supposed to pray to saints, why does Jesus command us to pray to the Father in Matthew 6:9? The Bible says we are to pray to God. Catholics make "gods" out of the saints by praying to them instead of God.
[*]Deuteronomy 18:10-11 and similar verses of Scripture condemn necromancy. If necromancy means "communicating with the dead," it would seem to condemn praying to saints.
...Christian seek the intercession of saints? Why would I go to a saint, even if I could, when I can go

Ok, no more of these long link posts. Give a short intro, or better yet, high points and and link.

On the other hard, stating it was already said , here and here will not do. If you will not paraphrase your past statement, do not respond.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Did Jesus learn obedience through the things he suffered? (Hebrews 5:8)

How is learning obedience categorized as blasphemy?

The passage does not mean, at first, Jesus did not know and had to learn it. You are finding the correct exegesis of scripture

Cruciform

I went to a regular Catholic church and in comes the "priest" all dressed up in high regalia, with incense clapping away. They think they do magic and can change bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ (transubstantiation). I guess with all the pomp and ceremony, they thing their sacred rituals are truly magical!
Once again, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Score yet another Straw Man Fallacy (you can Google it) for Ktoyou. :doh:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What God gave the apostles, He did not bestow on the Catholic church. The Catholic is a Roman invention, plain and simple.

Cruciform

What God gave the apostles, He did not bestow on the Catholic church. The Catholic is a Roman invention, plain and simple.
You failed to answer the question. Here, I'll post it again:

QUESTION: When the apostles raised people from the dead, were they using "magical powers"---yes, or no?