pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Truster

You keep bringing up the old testament, if Jesus was like you, he would have helped them stone the woman caught in adultery!

The judgement of the Messiah was simple. Stone her, but let him who is without sin cast the first stone. Did you miss that or did you just ignore it? Rhetorical question.

ClimateSanity

The judgement of the Messiah was simple. Stone her, but let him who is without sin cast the first stone. Did you miss that or did you just ignore it? Rhetorical question.
And he didn't mean sin in general. He was referring to their sins in their involvement with the woman. They had taken part in the whole sordid mess.

Truster

What passes here as history of ww2 and other wars is astounding.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app

We are focusing on the spiritual application rather than exact historical content. Did we forget something that caused you spiritual harm? Or do you feel an element of pedantic accuracy should be applied?

I was a member of a group called "Extreme Pedantry", but they weren't extreme enough for me.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's impossible for her to see that.

i hate ignorant people (not you)

Some historians and governments hold Japanese military forces, namely the Imperial Japanese Army, the Imperial Japanese Navy, and the Imperial Japanese family, especially under Emperor Hirohito, responsible for the deaths of millions, some estimate between 3,000,000 and 14,000,000 civilians and prisoners of war through massacre, human experimentation, starvation, and forced labor that was either directly perpetrated or condoned by the Japanese military and government

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

Truster

i hate ignorant people (not you)

Some historians and governments hold Japanese military forces, namely the Imperial Japanese Army, the Imperial Japanese Navy, and the Imperial Japanese family, especially under Emperor Hirohito, responsible for the deaths of millions, some estimate between 3,000,000 and 14,000,000 civilians and prisoners of war through massacre, human experimentation, starvation, and forced labor that was either directly perpetrated or condoned by the Japanese military and government

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

But, they are vegetarians...

musterion

1. Tens of thousands of Americans would have been killed had Operation Downfall commenced. The atom bomb saved American lives.

2. The Allies had already firebombed Tokyo, Dresden and Hamburg to ash so what happened in late 1945 was nothing new. Only difference was one plane/one bomb vs waves of hundreds of bombers dropping incendiaries. And even those were not the first time cities had been razed in war. It was not unprecedented.

3. Japan started down the path to destruction as far back as the early '30s and sealed its fate by allying with Germany.

4. It was war. See point 2.

drbrumley

:idunno:

I think I will take Admiral Leahy's word for it...

"The use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender"

"In being the first to use it, we adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children. "

drbrumley

Or Chester Nimitz

"The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military standpoint, in the defeat of Japan"

drbrumley

Admiral William F. Halsey, Jr

"The first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment. It was a mistake to ever drop it. [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it. It killed a lot of Japs, but the Japs had put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before."

musterion

The were told to surrender after Hiroshima, knowing full well what it did.

They didn't.

What's not to understand?