Outrage against breaking up families

lifeisgood

So surprising that conservatives would actually say they'd "spit" on veterans who didn't share their alt-right Trumpian views.

You do remember when our soldiers coming back from Vietnam WERE PHYSICALLY spit on. I remember. Do you?

They did not 'say' they would do it. THEY DID IT.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It depends on the definition of outrage.

Why not use it in the way you were using it to begin with, and then apply it to the 70% of self-identified Christians who've obtained abortions?

That's not an answer. Show me an instance where any news organization wasn't outraged at a story about child trafficking. Asserting there's no outrage without any supporting evidence isn't an argument.
Show me one that was.

You made the allegation, it's on you to show where no outrage was shown.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You do remember when our soldiers coming back from Vietnam WERE PHYSICALLY spit on. I remember. Do you?

They did not 'say' they would do it. THEY DID IT.

No, I was a young teen at the time and I don't have a memory of it, although I know of it - and it was wrong then, and it's wrong now. Are you willing to say the stated intent now is of the same mindset and also wrong?

I am OUTRAGED that President Obama in EIGHT years never got rid of homeless children. I am. Are you?

What do you propose should have been done? I'm all ears.

Foxfire

It's a riot that they call it breaking up families.
I mean, we put criminals in jail all the time.
What do you think happens to their kids?
They certainly don't go live int the jail with their criminal parents.

I'm not aware of any federally mandated 'zero tolerance' policy to separate the children from every U.S. citizen that is charged with a crime [including misdemeanors] and mail them [the children] across the country with no return address nor any adaquite tracking mechanism.

I get your point, but it's a false equivelency.

lifeisgood

No, I was a young teen at the time and I don't have a memory of it, although I know of it - and it was wrong then, and it's wrong now. Are you willing to say the stated intent now is of the same mindset and also wrong?

I also was a teen then and I did SEE IT done.

ILLEGAL immigration has been allowed to get out of control (thank you to PREVIOUS president), so, the solutions at first will SEEM to be 'horrible'.

The four pillars of 'rude' President Trump IS a start. https://www.natlawreview.com/article/four-pillars-trump-s-immigration-plan

If you have a river that is bringing everything toward you and your family and you know it will DESTROY you and yours, what would be the first thing you would do? Obviously, put a 'wall' as best as you can to stem the tide, would you not? You or I would not SOLVE the neighbor's problems first. Why? Because you MUST protect YOUR family FIRST; otherwise, YOU would be considered to be worst than an infidel, would you not?

What is being ASKED of the USA is to FIRST fix the neighbor's problems while their own is drowning.

I would be outraged if my children were being mistreated. As far as I have been informed by the different news outlets that has not happened. The children at the border are being treated much better than children at Mississippi just to give you an example. Where is our outrage about that? There is none. Not from the DEMOCRATS or RINOs or anyone else.

If I understand correctly by today all the children will be unified with their parents and I also understand that the Democrats are outraged by 'rude' President Trump using his pen exactly as 'suave' President Obama. Go figure.

I wonder what is going to happen with the Flores agreement.

Let's not forget 'rude' President Trump is going against the Flores agreement by using his pen.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I also was a teen then and I did SEE IT done.

But you didn't answer the question. Are you willing to say the stated intent now is of the same mindset and also wrong?

ILLEGAL immigration has been allowed to get out of control (thank you to PREVIOUS president), so, the solutions at first will SEEM to be 'horrible'.

The four pillars of 'rude' President Trump IS a start. https://www.natlawreview.com/article/four-pillars-trump-s-immigration-plan

If you have a river that is bringing everything toward you and your family and you know it will DESTROY you and yours, what would be the first thing you would do? Obviously, put a 'wall' as best as you can to stem the tide, would you not? You or I would not SOLVE the neighbor's problems first. Why? Because you MUST protect YOUR family FIRST; otherwise, YOU would be considered to be worst than an infidel, would you not?

What is being ASKED of the USA is to FIRST fix the neighbor's problems while their own is drowning.

I would be outraged if my children were being mistreated. As far as I have been informed by the different news outlets that has not happened. The children at the border are being treated much better than children at Mississippi just to give you an example. Where is our outrage about that? There is none. Not from the DEMOCRATS or RINOs or anyone else.

If I understand correctly by today all the children will be unified with their parents and I also understand that the Democrats are outraged by 'rude' President Trump using his pen exactly as 'suave' President Obama. Go figure.

I wonder what is going to happen with the Flores agreement.

Let's not forget 'rude' President Trump is going against the Flores agreement by using his pen.

But you didn't answer the question. Again. You were "OUTRAGED that President Obama in EIGHT years never got rid of homeless children" and I asked you what you proposed Obama should have done about "homeless children," which are a different group of the groups (vets, etc.) you wanted to see more outrage over rather than the thousands of children Trump took from their parents.

So again: What do you propose Obama should have done about the "homeless children" you were OUTRAGED about?

lifeisgood

But you didn't answer the question. Are you willing to say the stated intent now is of the same mindset and also wrong?

annabenedetti, I did answer your question, every single one of them.

You reject the answers given because they do not follow your mind set.

There is a BIG DIFFERENT in me saying 'I want to punch' someone than me 'physically punching' someone. There are times when I am sure you get frustrated and you say things where you are simply venting and you really do not mean to physically do what your ears heard.

We live in an atmosphere where THE THINKING of a person is being questioned and not what the person do.

If someone say to me personally, 'I want to punch you', I will not take it the same way as that person 'physically punching me'.

I have a tendency of letting people say whatever they want. They are entitled to their opinion, exactly as I am entitled to mine. What is happening lately all around, not just here, is that people cannot have opinions.

The open debate of ideas are being squashed. I know, just yesterday, I said to my neighbor 'President Trump', I had not finished pronouncing his name and her color changed totally and completely. Me, I, and myself very ably changed the conversation because I know that there is no way that a conversation can be had.

But you didn't answer the question. Again. You were "OUTRAGED that President Obama in EIGHT years never got rid of homeless children" and I asked you what you proposed Obama should have done about "homeless children," which are a different group of the groups (vets, etc.) you wanted to see more outrage over rather than the thousands of children Trump took from their parents.

Yes, I did answer the question annabenedetti. That you reject my answer belongs to you.

No, I was NOT outraged with President Obama. I was ASKING where was the outrage THEN where in eight years President Obama did not eliminate homelessness. I was not outraged with President Obama THEN because even if President Obama came out and said (like Roosevelt and Johnson) that they were going to eliminate poverty, I know that is IMPOSSIBLE (EVEN IF PRESIDENT TRUMP said the same thing) because Jesus said, 'You will always have poor people.' And, NO, Jesus did not say that you were not to help people in need.

So again: What do you propose Obama should have done about the "homeless children" you were OUTRAGED about?

Nothing. It is NOT the President's obligation to feed you. One of the reasons we have all this nonsense going on is that the government has taken over the job that the Church (all denominations) is supposed to do.

Again, annabenedetti, I was NOT outraged with President Obama, I was asking WHERE WAS THE OUTRAGE THEN from the Democrats, Republicans, RINOs, ACLU, NAACP, etc.

Sometimes I wonder if I am writing Chinese.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So what you're saying is that outraged Chinese are responsible for Trump getting elected?

glorydaz

THIS RIGHT HERE is a perfect example of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Lies and false accusations....DEAFNESS to any kind of DIALOGUE.

glorydaz

annabenedetti, I did answer your question, every single one of them.

You reject the answers given because they do not follow your mind set.

There is a BIG DIFFERENT in me saying 'I want to punch' someone than me 'physically punching' someone. There are times when I am sure you get frustrated and you say things where you are simply venting and you really do not mean to physically do what your ears heard.

We live in an atmosphere where THE THINKING of a person is being questioned and not what the person do.

If someone say to me personally, 'I want to punch you', I will not take it the same way as that person 'physically punching me'.

I have a tendency of letting people say whatever they want. They are entitled to their opinion, exactly as I am entitled to mine. What is happening lately all around, not just here, is that people cannot have opinions.

The open debate of ideas are being squashed. I know, just yesterday, I said to my neighbor 'President Trump', I had not finished pronouncing his name and her color changed totally and completely. Me, I, and myself very ably changed the conversation because I know that there is no way that a conversation can be had.

Yes, I did answer the question annabenedetti. That you reject my answer belongs to you.

No, I was NOT outraged with President Obama. I was ASKING where was the outrage THEN where in eight years President Obama did not eliminate homelessness. I was not outraged with President Obama THEN because even if President Obama came out and said (like Roosevelt and Johnson) that they were going to eliminate poverty, I know that is IMPOSSIBLE (EVEN IF PRESIDENT TRUMP said the same thing) because Jesus said, 'You will always have poor people.' And, NO, Jesus did not say that you were not to help people in need.

Nothing. It is NOT the President's obligation to feed you. One of the reasons we have all this nonsense going on is that the government has taken over the job that the Church (all denominations) is supposed to do.

Again, annabenedetti, I was NOT outraged with President Obama, I was asking WHERE WAS THE OUTRAGE THEN from the Democrats, Republicans, RINOs, ACLU, NAACP, etc.

Sometimes I wonder if I am writing Chinese.

Good Post. It's a sad turning point for our great country when the mental patients take over the asylum.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
ILLEGAL immigration has been allowed to get out of control (thank you to PREVIOUS president),

Well, let's take a look...

PH_11.03.16_unauthorized-00-04.png

Someone's taken advantage of your trust in them.

So how are Trump's new policies doing?

Illegal immigration rises for third straight month despite Trump crackdown
Arrests for illegal border crossings rose for the third month in a row in May according to statistics released Wednesday by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The hike shows more people are seeking to illegally cross the border despite President Trump's efforts to crack down on illegal immigration, the signature issue of his presidency.

The rising number of arrests has frustrated the president, who criticized his Homeland Security secretary at a Cabinet meeting this spring. Trump has also been frustrated with Congress's inability so far to fund a wall on the Mexican border — a structure the president said Mexico would pay for during his campaign.

http://thehill.com/latino/391079-illegal-immigration-rose-in-may-despite-trump-crackdown-report

So why is this happening? Trump cancelled Obama's policy of targeting convicted criminals as a priority. Resources that were used to find and deport dangerous criminals are now being used to catch and separate mothers from their children. With the expected results.

lifeisgood

Well, let's take a look...

PH_11.03.16_unauthorized-00-04.png

Someone's taken advantage of your trust in them.

So how are Trump's new policies doing?

Illegal immigration rises for third straight month despite Trump crackdown
Arrests for illegal border crossings rose for the third month in a row in May according to statistics released Wednesday by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The hike shows more people are seeking to illegally cross the border despite President Trump's efforts to crack down on illegal immigration, the signature issue of his presidency.

The rising number of arrests has frustrated the president, who criticized his Homeland Security secretary at a Cabinet meeting this spring. Trump has also been frustrated with Congress's inability so far to fund a wall on the Mexican border — a structure the president said Mexico would pay for during his campaign.

http://thehill.com/latino/391079-illegal-immigration-rose-in-may-despite-trump-crackdown-report

So why is this happening? Trump cancelled Obama's policy of targeting convicted criminals as a priority. Resources that were used to find and deport dangerous criminals are now being used to catch and separate mothers from their children. With the expected results.

I can imagine you knew nothing about ILLEGAL immigration about 40+ years ago. I know of people (good people) working and then ICE coming in and taking them away as they has 'stolen' other people's ID and using it as their own (imagine stealing your ID 40+ years ago). So, from where I am sitting the government using its power to deport ILLEGAL immigrants was active even so many years ago as it is today. Nothing new under the sun so the Bible says.

Foxfire

I can imagine you knew nothing about ILLEGAL immigration about 40+ years ago. I know of people (good people) working and then ICE coming in and taking them away as they has 'stolen' other people's ID and using it as their own (imagine stealing your ID 40+ years ago). So, from where I am sitting the government using its power to deport ILLEGAL immigrants was active even so many years ago as it is today. Nothing new under the sun so the Bible says.

Back then, ICE wasn't ICE it was INS; "Immigration and Naturalization Services" or often referred to a Immegre' by the immigrant workers.

INS was pretty keen to swoop in just at the end of harvest and just before the workers got paid.

The farmers never (or rarely) got penalized.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I can imagine you knew nothing about ILLEGAL immigration about 40+ years ago.

You really got a wrong number that time. In high school and college, I worked track gangs during summer breaks. The railroads hired a lot of Mexican workers, because there weren't many people willing or able to swing a spike maul all day long. Most of them were here illegally, but of course in that time, there was no penalty for employers who hired them.

They were good people, unafraid of hard work, and trustworthy. If there was one who wasn't, he didn't last long; they would even tip off the roadmaster if they knew an applicant wasn't a good person.

I know of people (good people) working and then ICE coming in and taking them away as they has 'stolen' other people's ID and using it as their own (imagine stealing your ID 40+ years ago).

They generally used the ID of someone who knew it. Worst thing was he'd get credit for income he didn't earn as a result of someone using his SSAN.

So, from where I am sitting the government using its power to deport ILLEGAL immigrants was active even so many years ago as it is today.

I knew a fellow who was caught and deported. One of his guys said that he didn't listen to them about keeping low, and it cost him. He was making a bit over $600 a month as a machine operator, which in the late 60s, wasn't bad money. But then it was over for him.

Nothing new under the sun so the Bible says.

Yep.