Outrage against breaking up families

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Anna Navarro suggests that Trump officials who want Mexican food might best have it delivered:

Airlines refuse to be complicit in breaking up families:

American Airlines:
“We have no desire to be associated with separating families, or worse, to profit from it,” the statement said. “We have every expectation the government will comply with our request and we thank them for doing so.”

Frontier Airlines:
Frontier prides itself on being a family airline and we will not knowingly allow our flights to be used to transport migrant children away from their families. At this time, we are not aware if Frontier has been used for this purpose.

After Trump signed the order, Southwest issued a statement saying the airline did "not wish to have involvement in the process of separating children from their parents."

"Therefore, we appeal to anyone making those types of travel decisions not to utilize Southwest Airlines," the airline said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...migrant-children-separated-parents/718654002/

glorydaz

Anna Navarro suggests that Trump officials who want Mexican food might best have it delivered:

Airlines refuse to be complicit in breaking up families:

American Airlines:
“We have no desire to be associated with separating families, or worse, to profit from it,” the statement said. “We have every expectation the government will comply with our request and we thank them for doing so.”

Frontier Airlines:
Frontier prides itself on being a family airline and we will not knowingly allow our flights to be used to transport migrant children away from their families. At this time, we are not aware if Frontier has been used for this purpose.

After Trump signed the order, Southwest issued a statement saying the airline did "not wish to have involvement in the process of separating children from their parents."

"Therefore, we appeal to anyone making those types of travel decisions not to utilize Southwest Airlines," the airline said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...migrant-children-separated-parents/718654002/

Old news....except for the swamp creature at the DOJ needing to be kicked out.

Now, since families are not being separated from their families, what tantrums will be coming up tomorrow from you lefties?

glorydaz

There's been a sea change. Formerly, Trump was given a pass where normal people would be held accountable. Increasingly, people, corporations, and even his fellow republicans are calling him out for his behavior.

No, they aren't. Increasingly, people are being made aware of the facts. That these policies began under Clinton, and Bush and Obama kicked the problem down the road where Trump is having to deal with it. Even the photos are being traced back to the Obama years.

People are also seeing the Dems as the obstructionists here. They are refusing to do what's needed to be done for years.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a riot that they call it breaking up families.
I mean, we put criminals in jail all the time.
What do you think happens to their kids?
They certainly don't go live int the jail with their criminal parents.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's a riot that they call it breaking up families.
I mean, we put criminals in jail all the time.
What do you think happens to their kids?
They certainly don't go live int the jail with their criminal parents.

Nice try. But someone leaked the truth; this was proposed over a year ago, as a way to discourage applications for asylum.

Trump admin discussed separating moms, kids to deter asylum-seekers in Feb. 2017
Notes from a DHS meeting show it was one of the methods discussed for discouraging asylum-seekers.
WASHINGTON — The idea of separating migrant children from their mothers was discussed during the earliest days of the Trump administration as a way to deter asylum-seekers, according to notes from a closed-door DHS meeting.

Notes from a town hall held for Citizenship and Immigration Services asylum officers on Feb. 2, 2017, show that the agency's asylum chief, John Lafferty, told the officers they might have to "hold mothers longer" and "hold children in HHR/ORR," an acronym for facilities for children run by HHS.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...ng-moms-kids-deter-asylum-seekers-feb-n884371

Did you honestly believe Trump's story? Seriously?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm nearly 100 years old, I saw the 1945 refugee crisis firsthand – and I need people to listen to my warning
I cannot sit back in good conscience while the world my generation built is left to turn feral in the hands of right-wing populists and indifferent capitalists

Most disturbing to me are the people I encounter every day who have food in their bellies, a job to go to and holidays to eagerly await, and yet they judge refugees who have endured horrible privations as corrupt swindlers. They in their selfish, racist myopia become a tide of malevolence that drowns the aspirations of too many people who have on an individual level suffered the same horrors as people in the death camps of the Nazis or the gulags of Stalin.

lifeisgood

I have a few questions to all news shows (on BOTH side of the aisle):

Where is the outrage for our homeless children?
Where is the outrage for our homeless veterans?
Where was the outrage when our veterans were dying in VA hospitals while waiting to be seen by a doctor?
Where is the outrage when children are trafficked?
Where is the outrage when children are taken out of mom's wombs piece by piece?

Oh, yeah, there is none.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

The Trump administration wants to cut social programs that would help them.

Where was the outrage when our veterans were dying in VA hospitals while waiting to be seen by a doctor?

On another forum, a conservative said he would "spit" on any service person who was an advocate for better gun control. It seem vets are politically useful to conservatives only at certain times.

Show me where there's a lack of outrage.

Oh, yeah, there is none.

70% of women who've had abortions identify as Christian. No one here has ever been able to wave that statistic away.

lifeisgood

The Trump administration wants to cut social programs that would help them.

Is that outrage?

On another forum, a conservative said he would "spit" on any service person who was an advocate for better gun control. It seem vets are politically useful to conservatives only at certain times.

Reminds me of soldiers returning from Vietnam.

Show me where there's a lack of outrage.

ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, etc.?

70% of women who've had abortions identify as Christian. No one here has ever been able to wave that statistic away.

Is that outrage?

glorydaz

I'm nearly 100 years old, I saw the 1945 refugee crisis firsthand – and I need people to listen to my warning
I cannot sit back in good conscience while the world my generation built is left to turn feral in the hands of right-wing populists and indifferent capitalists

Most disturbing to me are the people I encounter every day who have food in their bellies, a job to go to and holidays to eagerly await, and yet they judge refugees who have endured horrible privations as corrupt swindlers. They in their selfish, racist myopia become a tide of malevolence that drowns the aspirations of too many people who have on an individual level suffered the same horrors as people in the death camps of the Nazis or the gulags of Stalin.

Open your own doors all ye hypocrites. OPEN THEM.

glorydaz

Oh, yeah, there is none.

Selective outrage.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Is that outrage?

You want me to be outraged that Trump wants to cut programs that would help homeless children? I am. Are you?

Reminds me of soldiers returning from Vietnam.

So surprising that conservatives would actually say they'd "spit" on veterans who didn't share their alt-right Trumpian views.

ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, etc.?

That's not an answer. Show me an instance where any news organization wasn't outraged at a story about child trafficking. Asserting there's no outrage without any supporting evidence isn't an argument.

Is that outrage?

It should be. Aren't you outraged at your fellow Christians?