ECT Our triune God

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
WHat are you talking about you now use as an excuse to cover up your own lack of understanding?? How 'bout crucifiying your own frustration after reading something you think you knew all about . .but had no clue other understanding even existed?

I know there are lots of witty inventions out there.

Most of em have isms attached to the end of em.

Far as being frustrating, not so much these days.

I'll just try to speak truth and let the isms fall where they will.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You possess a mis-reading of Romans 8:20.

Adam, the creature, was unwillingly subjected to vanity for the purpose of creating a choice Adam would not otherwise have. A choice between obeying God or caving into the demands of his flesh. I wasn't yet born when he failed to obey God's command which sealed ALL of Adam's progeny to live with the consequences, the one being "VANITY", self, desires otherwise known as the law of the flesh Paul speaks of in Romans 7; power of sin, Jesus canceled that those who abide in Him have such power to overcome it as He did.

You just contradicted yourself.

Lon

...what I am saying ...takes little away from orthodoxy
Spoiler
such as a time factor for consideration as to when Jesus, the man, was officially accepted into Godhead to become it in Glorified human flesh. The particulars are very important for us who claim to follow in His footsteps . . being conformed to His Image in the process. This all in the afterwards of our savaltion and can only be in the afterwards of it that we might enter into it. Paul, I believe, is the greatest example we might want use as an example. His being "blameless" equates with him being "redeemed' by the cross whereas, being born again was specifically of Jesus Christ on the road to Demascus. Did not Paul first believe for his salvation by the very words he used when acknowledging Jesus and then his new birth the result of his obedience [after counting the cost ;)], that summed up everything purposed of God 3 days later? Do a re-read of Rom 7 in that light. Note the law he mentions [I believe] is not the written law but, the law of the flesh. It makes more sense, after examining my own life.

It is all a bit odd for an answer to 'being triune' in theology. I will 'listen' for a bit, but it is yet coming off as 'off' of the orthodox beaten path. "New Birth" being the result of 'obedience' isn't quite the orthodox line, either. We cannot 'born - again' ourselves. We couldn't 'born' ourselves either. Ephesians 2:8-10 2 Corinthians 5:17

Lon

Jesus is clearly God

Jesus is clearly God

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Col 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Isa 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
Isa 44:25 who frustrates the signs of liars and makes fools of diviners, who turns wise men back and makes their knowledge foolish

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You possess a mis-reading of Romans 8:20.

Adam, the creature, was unwillingly subjected to vanity for the purpose of creating a choice Adam would not otherwise have. A choice between obeying God or caving into the demands of his flesh. I wasn't yet born when he failed to obey God's command which sealed ALL of Adam's progeny to live with the consequences, the one being "VANITY", self, desires otherwise known as the law of the flesh Paul speaks of in Romans 7; power of sin, Jesus canceled that those who abide in Him have such power to overcome it as He did.

Yes, the law of the flesh was the topic of Romans ch 7. or first creation law.

LA

Danoh

Your incessant speaking from the vanity of your own mind, that's what.

In other words, from empty headedness.

Vanity: empty; devoid of substance...

That is how the word vanity came to be associated with one's own ideas.

Because said ideas are devoid of any substance that God views as being of value.

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Ignorance: devoid of right information about a thing.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
No, not IMO, nor in the opinion of our Magisterium. Check out what they teach us concerning Providence, and I think you'll agree.

For instance: "why does evil exist? To this question, as pressing as it is unavoidable and as painful as it is mysterious, no quick answer will suffice. Only Christian faith as a whole constitutes the answer"

Why don't you start a thread on Theodicy? It would be sadly hilarious to hear alleged professing Believers attempt to address how to account for God and the existence of evil in His creation. I'd love to see that, and to read what the RCC position is on it.

Reactions: Lon

Cross Reference

"New Birth" being the result of 'obedience' isn't quite the orthodox line, either. We cannot 'born - again' ourselves. We couldn't 'born' ourselves either. Ephesians 2:8-10 2 Corinthians 5:17

True, we cannot. However, Jesus said to His Disciples: You didn't choose Me, I chose you". For our understanding we have to equate the new birth with discipleship. Let go on to hear Jesus say this: "For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?" Luke 14:28 (KJV)

Question: Why did Jesus choose those He did? Foreknowledge is a good answer but what did He see beforehand that He knew He could count on?

If you believe you are sealed unto salvation, which I believe you do believe that, what is the point in giving my life to Jesus, by words of commitment, emotionally brought on by some unlearned learned preacher, during his alter call, especially when I love own more? 'Come to Jesus and He will change/give you new life', he shouts! So this soul is persuaded to the alter believing for some glorious experience that will automatically transform him to be like Jesus. Need I continue? You know the routine.

So the question to you now is, was he saved in his obedience to the preacher? You are forced to say, yes because you don't. We are not judges in these matters. However, was he born again? Why of course you say. One cannot be saved without being born again, you add. To which I say, True. However, lets run it out to see where it ends. What is salvation in your thinking that is different than mine? I have it to be what Jesus called it to be: ". . . that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3 (KJV) Lon, what relationship must one first have with God for beginning the possess of "knowing" God? Do you know really know any one pressing into God for such an intimate knowledge? You should be able to name hundreds. Name one. Now, what is required for "ambition" in the "saved" sinner except the deposit of the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead into his heart? We are not given to be content with 'wool' gathering ____ or are we and it isn't any of our business?

Where is God grace in all of this, Lon? What sinner saved by it, gets more of it but only by obedience? "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin". James 4:17 (KJV). God doesn't give grace to sinners. He judges them. Need evidence for that to be true in the Christians life?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you start a thread on Theodicy? It would be sadly hilarious to hear alleged professing Believers attempt to address how to account for God and the existence of evil in His creation. I'd love to see that, and to read what the RCC position is on it.
I provided a quote that answers that succinctly in my post to which this post is a response.