OSAS loses its salvation

genuineoriginal

You're a real pain in the neck. Do you realize that? Now, you can
run off to the Woodshed and report what I just said. That's your M.O.
If you would stop being a reprobate, you wouldn't get reported.

2 Corinthians 13:5
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?​

genuineoriginal

Well, nobody (mods) seem interested in your reports?
You should stop disrespecting the mods.

The mods have a very difficult task when it comes to moderating this forum.
They read every report and then have to choose whether to do anything about it or not.

When a poster gets reported over and over for spamming and trolling threads, they will typically give a warning.

Most of your spam and trolling comments go unreported.
The ones I report are the ones that break the TOL rules.

If this bothers you, then you should consider toning down the name-calling without cause, the spamming, and the trolling.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You should stop disrespecting the mods.

The mods have a very difficult task when it comes to moderating this forum.
They read every report and then have to choose whether to do anything about it or not.

When a poster gets reported over and over for spamming and trolling threads, they will typically give a warning.

Most of your spam and trolling comments go unreported.
The ones I report are the ones that break the TOL rules.

If this bothers you, then you should consider toning down the name-calling without cause, the spamming, and the trolling.

Well, I plead innocent to all your charges. So far as disrespecting
the mods go, they know I respect them. Good try though. You're
sneaky. Go on and report this post if it makes you feel great?

heir

TOL Subscriber
As you can tell I’m still not buying into OSAS.
All of our sins were in the future when Christ was made to be sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV) and died on the cross for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); taking the payoff for our sins (Romans 6:23 KJV). God proved He accepted the Lord's sacrifice in our place when He raised Him from the dead for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV). That is what you are not "buying into" when you deny the eternal security of the believer. You believe not the glorious gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

Last edited:

glorydaz

As you can tell I’m still not buying into OSAS. If it’s true, why did Paul using the analogy of a race say that he needed to keep his body in subjection so that he wouldn’t be disqualified?
1 Cor. 9:27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

Paul was speaking of his ministry....being disqualified in regards to his preaching. You notice "reward" here...Paul makes it clear in other verses that the prizes are rewards....not a thing to do with salvation, which is a gift. Read the entire chapter in context.

1 Cor. 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.​

He then proves his point by using the example of God’s people who came out of Egypt.

No, that's the next chapter and he has moved on.

He shows they were God’s people just as the Corinthians by drawing parallels. Baptized, ate spiritual food and drank from spiritual rock which was Christ, but most didn’t make it to the Promised Land.

First you have to realize that they were not baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ, and second eating manna and drinking from the rock were only a taste of what was to come. They weren't saved because they had no faith. They entered not in because of unbelief.

What can we learn from this other than we can be disqualified and not enter the Promised Land?

What he goes on to remind them, rather than prove his point about "being disqualified" as you claim, is that they lacked FAITH. Which is why he goes on to say "examine yourself whether you be in the faith"....because those in the wilderness were in the group but lacked faith.
Heb. 4:1-2 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hebrews 4:6
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

turbosixx

Paul was speaking of his ministry....being disqualified in regards to his preaching. You notice "reward" here...Paul makes it clear in other verses that the prizes are rewards....not a thing to do with salvation, which is a gift. Read the entire chapter in context.

1 Cor. 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.​

Thanks for your explanation. What do you mean Paul would be disqualified in regards to his preaching? I don’t understand what that means or how it applies to us.

I agree, context is very important. What he is talking about in the first part of the chapter is that he has a right to receive compensation for preaching the gospel but chooses not to because it’s his reward. It means a lot to him to do it without taking money and if he did he would lose that. “have any man make my boast an empty one
14 So also the Lord directed those who proclaim the gospel to get their living from the gospel. 15 but I have used none of these things. And I am not writing these things so that it will be done so in my case; for it would be better for me to die than have any man make my boast an empty one. 16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel. 17 For if I do this voluntarily, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have a stewardship entrusted to me.

He then goes on to show other things he does to win others to Christ.
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more……. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.

Then he tells us that he makes all these sacrifices for others so that he MAY BECOME a fellow partaker.
23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
Why say may become if he is already saved and can't lose it?

He shows it can be lost by using the analogy of a race and tells them run in such a way that you may win.
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
Shouldn’t they have already won? Is this things you would tell someone who is saved and can’t lose it?

He says we are racing for an imperishable crown. That’s salvation. That's something we haven't yet attained.
26.... They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.

He says he needs to keep his body under control so he won't be disqualified, not second or even last but disqualified.

turbosixx

All of our sins were in the future when Christ was made to be sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV) and died on the cross for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); taking the payoff for our sins (Romans 6:23 KJV). God proved He accepted the Lord's sacrifice in our place when He raised Him from the dead for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV). That is what you are not "buying into" when you deny the eternal security of the believer. You believe not the glorious gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

I believe Jesus is the Christ, that he died on the cross for my sins and was resurrected on the third day and went into Heaven to make atonement for my sins. I believe his blood cleanses me and I'm a member of his church. What I don't believe is that I no longer have free will.

Could you help me to understand what Paul is talking about here from your perspective. What does Paul mean by this when talking about running a race for an imperishable crown?
"I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

Why tell Christians run in such a way that you MAY win. Haven't they already won?
24Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Last edited: