OSAS loses its salvation

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why don't you admit that OSAS people, whether online, on the street, or in a church are just a bunch of Trolls. They don't believe in any one actually being once saved always save because they are always testing the salvation of others.

Just like you grosnick, you never defend your faith. There might just be a good reason for that.

When heir defends OSAS she uses a bunch of qualifying verses. That is ignorant or the act of trolling.
You don't like it when members of the Body of Christ show you where we are saved and sealed unto the day of redemption. This is a thread about OSAS and I believe in the eternal security of the believer and am here in defense of the gospel and the doctrine. That's not trolling. If you think it is, then report me and let the moderator decide.

heir

TOL Subscriber
At this moment in your life you have not come to a saving knowledge
of the Grace Gospel. You do not have a grasp of what it means to be
a member of the Body of Christ. That's proof enough that you're not
saved as of yet. There's still hope though?

People who do not believe OSAS are trusting in something other than the Lord and His finished work in our place.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I defend my faith all the time. You're either saying it out of ignorance
or you're lying? Which is it? The truth doesn't need to be defended, it
just is.

You said that Heir uses Scripture to back up her faith and therefore,
she is a troll? That, in and of itself is a moronic conclusion, at best.
IKR?

Lon

My thought process on that is if that's the case, why threaten(warn) those churches in Revelations to endure to attain the crown?
Churches, not individuals? Which verse? From chapter 2-3 Revelation 2:5 "remove lamp" 2:10 I see as an encouragement rather than warning.

Or how can someone fall away if they were never part of it in the first place?
For me: 1 John 2:19 "never were."

Such that 1) If they depart from the faith, they never were (against counter assertion, the bible is where we get the definition of Christianity and Faith, we can't change it willy-nilly to suit ourselves, as some atheists on here try to do and assume, they didn't believe 1John 2:19 what kind of Christian is that??? Some still remain/haven't left so that doesn't automatically make one Christian either, OSAS may give someone unsaved, a false hope)
and
2) If they are a part of the faith, they will continue and persevere to the end The MADist also believes that only a person who is a new creation recreated in Christ, who Christ indwells and has changed, is saved, to the best of my understanding.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You admit that immorality is the cornerstone of your religion.

Let's see some proof of that? Or else, you're lying. You don't
want to be known as a liar on TOL, do ya? Show some proof
that I admitted that? Else, you're a blatant liar, besides being
a moron and a half.

turbosixx

It doesn't happen at all for members of the Body of Christ. We're saved and sealed. It's a done deal and there's nothing you or anyone else can "do" about it.

PTL!

As you can tell I’m still not buying into OSAS. If it’s true, why did Paul using the analogy of a race say that he needed to keep his body in subjection so that he wouldn’t be disqualified?
1 Cor. 9:27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

He then proves his point by using the example of God’s people who came out of Egypt. He shows they were God’s people just as the Corinthians by drawing parallels. Baptized, ate spiritual food and drank from spiritual rock which was Christ, but most didn’t make it to the Promised Land.

1 For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and all ate the same spiritual food; 4and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well-pleased; for they were laid low in the wilderness. 6 Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved……12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall.

What can we learn from this other than we can be disqualified and not enter the Promised Land?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is true that you cannot lose something you haven't received yet.

The problem with people that believe in OSAS is that they believe they have already received the fulfillment of the promise.

Ephesians 1:11-14
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.​

We have the promise that we will receive an inheritance in the redemption.

Until that time, we have been given the Holy Spirit who is the earnest (something that gives pledge, promise, or indication of what is to follow) that shows God plans to fulfill His promise and give us that inheritance.

We shall be truly saved in the resurrection of the righteous.
Once we have been saved in the resurrection of the righteous, we will always be saved.

The inheritance is not salvation, the inheritance is heaven...in which are lesser and greater rewards, crowns of life to be won or lost.

Our salvation is SURE and it is NOW. Even Paul was not certain of his prize

genuineoriginal

The inheritance is not salvation, the inheritance is heaven
Let me know if you want to debate the difference between salvation and eternal life.

Matthew 19:29
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.​

Our salvation is SURE and it is NOW. Even Paul was not certain of his prize
We do not receive salvation when we believe.
First we believe, then sometime later we receive salvation.

Romans 13:11
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Let me know if you want to debate the difference between salvation and eternal life.

29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.​

11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.​

I would not debate somebody who cannot see Christ's deity proclaimed in scripture.

When we believe we receive.

Reactions: Lon

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You're a real pain in the neck. Do you realize that? Now, you can
run off to the Woodshed and report what I just said. That's your M.O.

OCTOBER23

GROSSBEAK said,

This is one of the dopiest threads ever.
-------------------------------------------
Looks like someone has burned out his enthusiasm and replaced it with gall.