OSAS is the swindle of the century!

dialm

BANNED
Banned
There is a comparison being made between OSAS and TULIP

OSAS is bogus. There is no OSAS. so within the OSAS doctrine there is no anything except a lot of false doctrine.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"Once saved always saved" or "OSAS" is a term, typically used in a pejorative manner, to refer to a doctrine known as "Eternal security of the believer." Is it not? I'm an eternal security proponent and this is how OSAS has always been used in my interactions with critics and supporters alike.

Good post. dialm4moron won't understand it though.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Not giving hand outs dead beat. OSAS says you can't lose your salvation even a bible bum like you.

Sorry bible bum. OSAS says that but the Bible says different.

Daniel1769

You got nothing. OSAS is nothing. Where is the security? If a believer doesn't do right then they were never believers. You can say that about anyone. That is not security.

I'm not sure where you're getting you information. Eternal security of the believer means that once someone believes on Christ, they are saved. Forever. They cannot do anything to lose their salvation.

As for the comparison with Calvinism, I think these two get mixed up because people aren't careful with terms. What I mean is, I hear of people who claim to be Calvinist Baptists or some other denomination. What they mean is that they believe that Christians cannot lose their salvation. They typically don't believe in predestination or anything like that. This is just how the word is used is many instances. People believe in eternal security so they say they are Calvinist to distinguish this fact. This is an incorrect usage of the term, but usage dictates definition over time.

This may be why the terms are compared or confused. I believe in eternal security of the believer, but not predestination. I am not a Calvinist.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Ouch. Might not be able to sleep tonight because of that.

Here is where we stand

OSAS says you can't lose your salvation. So if you don't do like they say then you never were a Christian.

Every cult says the same type of thing. If you don't believe their party line then you are...

What was the word grosnick?

Oh yeah. A moron

Daniel1769

I think dialm is confused. You say there is eternal security but no OSAS. OSAS is a pejorative term used to refer to eternal security.

I personally embrace the term "once saved, always saved" because I think it is a clear explanation. I like doctrine that is so clear, coherent and Biblical that even a theologian can understand it.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure where you're getting you information. Eternal security of the believer means that once someone believes on Christ, they are saved. Forever. They cannot do anything to lose their salvation.

As for the comparison with Calvinism, I think these two get mixed up because people aren't careful with terms. What I mean is, I hear of people who claim to be Calvinist Baptists or some other denomination. What they mean is that they believe that Christians cannot lose their salvation. They typically don't believe in predestination or anything like that. This is just how the word is used is many instances. People believe in eternal security so they say they are Calvinist to distinguish this fact. This is an incorrect usage of the term, but usage dictates definition over time.

This may be why the terms are compared or confused. I believe in eternal security of the believer, but not predestination. I am not a Calvinist.

Calvinists believe in perseverance. In my discussion with heir I was trying to point out that Paul was talking about perseverance to those who were being tempted back into Judaism.

To a Calvinist, once a person is saved they will exhibited certain traits.

And if a person is saved then God is going to make good His promises. That means Paul was making a veiled threat in 1 Corinthians 15:2

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I think dialm is confused. You say there is eternal security but no OSAS. OSAS is a pejorative term used to refer to eternal security.

I personally embrace the term "once saved, always saved" because I think it is a clear explanation. I like doctrine that is so clear, coherent and Biblical that even a theologian can understand it.

No. I'm not confused. I know these 🎃 very well. OSAS people are so worried about their little system that they attack wildly anyone who disagrees.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The reason they are so worried about their little system is that it takes a lot of practice to get good at gymnastics.

Daniel1769

The reason they are so worried about their little system is that it takes a lot of practice to get good at gymnastics.

No gymnastic required. Just John 3:16. Eternal security of the believer. OSAS. Clear as day. I don't think anyone knows what you're trying to say anyway. You seem to be confusing and redefining terms. Possible setting up strawmen.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
No gymnastic required. Just John 3:16. Eternal security of the believer. OSAS. Clear as day. I don't think anyone knows what you're trying to say anyway. You seem to be confusing and redefining terms. Possible setting up strawmen.

So I take it you are ready to talk about John 3:16 now?