OSAS and Suicide

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which is?

Be fruitful and multiply. Bring glory to God. Love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. Husbands love your wives. Wives honor your husbands.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If someone knows, with 100% certainty, that:

1. He is saved, no matter what he does.
2. No experience in this life could possibly be better than what he will experience following his own bodily death.

Then why shouldn't he wish to die?

Paul mentioned that - Philippians 1:21-24 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
OSAS is more archaically known as 'Perseverance of the Saints'. It's the 'P' in TULIP.

Those who are once saved, always saved will not die in wickedness. It's a doctrine situated on predestination, and doesn't work well when interpreted by another perspective- that is why it is common for many to suppose it's about simply getting baptized or something and it's written in stone.

Saved and sealed Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV -

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 3

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

Let's put David's assertion back into the context in which he meant it.

The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.”

They are corrupt and have done abominable iniquity, there is none who does good.

God looks down from heaven upon the children of men to see if there are any who understand, who seek God.

Every one of them has turned aside, they have together become corrupt. There is none who does good, no, not one.
(Psalm 53:1-3 NKJV)​

The pronouns they and them refer to the fools who say there is no God. There is no righteousness apart from God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You really must get the big picture and NOT read HALF verses (sentences).
Rom 6:23 KJV For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Unlike you, Paul continued ON to the ANSWER.

Yes, that's what Peter said.

Then Peter said to them, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38 NKJV)​

That was a given.

glorydaz

Then Peter said to them, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38 NKJV)​

That was a given.

You think the Holy Spirit is the same gift as eternal life?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

That was a given.

He was speaking to the Jews.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OSAS is more archaically known as 'Perseverance of the Saints'. It's the 'P' in TULIP.
OSAS is rooted in punctiliar notions. A one-time profession of faith and then often leading to a presumed license to sin. Preservation of the saints is quite different for it takes seriously all the warning verses as the means by which God's redemptive ends are realized, stirring up the faithful.

Since God is the Author and Finisher of our faith, man cannot fall away from eternal salvation. Once a man has been born-again he cannot be unborn-again. Furthermore, the child of God will definitely manifest evidences of their salvation by means of good works. The believer shall, by the grace of God and without exception, ultimately persevere in righteousness. The eternal security of the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is demonstrated by the persevering faith and righteousness wrought by the grace of God in His little begotten ones.

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When we feel that we're drowning in the depths of despair, know that other godly people have felt the same sense of hopelessness. For example, the prophet Jeremiah emotionally hit bottom, yet he also had the wisdom to look up to the Lord and find hope. These are his honest words:

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'" (Lamentations 3:19-24)

Wrong Belief: "Life is hopeless. I see no purpose to go on living."

Right Belief: Since I choose to walk by faith, not by sight or feelings, I'm placing my hope in the Lord, knowing He has His purpose and plans for my life.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 62:5-6)

Here are seven Scriptural reasons to say no to suicide:

Reason #1: Suicide rejects God's offer of inner peace.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Reason #2: Suicide rejects God's sovereignty over the length of your life.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.... Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:13, 16)

Reason #3: Suicide rejects God's right to be Lord over your life.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." (1 Corinthians 6:19)

Reason #4: Suicide rejects God's commandment not to murder.

"You shall not murder." (Deuteronomy 5:17)

Reason #5: Suicide rejects God's ability to heal your hurts.

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed." (Jeremiah 17:14)

Reason #6: Suicide rejects God's plan to give you hope.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

Reason #7: Suicide rejects God's power already in you to make you godly.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." (2 Peter 1:3-4)

We were created to bring glory to God:

Romans 11:36 (NKJV)
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NKJV)
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Asking God for death is asking God to cut short His plans for you to bring all glory to Himself.

Where there is life, there is hope!

"Anyone who is among the living has hope." (Ecclesiastes 9:4)

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." (Hebrews 6:19)

Meditate on the following: Romans 15:13, Psalm 121:7, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 62, Psalm 68:19, Psalm 147:3, 2 Corinthians 1:3-11, 4:16-18, 7:6, 12:8,9,10, Psalm 43:5, Psalm 22:24, Psalm 119:50, Psalm 34, Psalm 42:5, Psalm 86, Nahum 1:7, Job 29:3, Isaiah 25:8, 30:18,19,20, 40:1, 41:10,13,14, Psalm 69, Psalm 13, Psalm 94:19, Lamentations 3:1-66, Jeremiah 31:13, Psalm 56:3,8, Psalm 59:10, Psalm 54:7

AMR

Last edited:

bybee

When we feel that we're drowning in the depths of despair, know that other godly people have felt the same sense of hopelessness. For example, the prophet Jeremiah emotionally hit bottom, yet he also had the wisdom to look up to the Lord and find hope. These are his honest words:

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'" (Lamentations 3:19-24)

Wrong Belief: "Life is hopeless. I see no purpose to go on living."

Right Belief: Since I choose to walk by faith, not by sight or feelings, I'm placing my hope in the Lord, knowing He has His purpose and plans for my life.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 62:5-6)

Here are seven Scriptural reasons to say no to suicide:

Reason #1: Suicide rejects God's offer of inner peace.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Reason #2: Suicide rejects God's sovereignty over the length of your life.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.... Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:13, 16)

Reason #3: Suicide rejects God's right to be Lord over your life.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." (1 Corinthians 6:19)

Reason #4: Suicide rejects God's commandment not to murder.

"You shall not murder." (Deuteronomy 5:17)

Reason #5: Suicide rejects God's ability to heal your hurts.

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed." (Jeremiah 17:14)

Reason #6: Suicide rejects God's plan to give you hope.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

Reason #7: Suicide rejects God's power already in you to make you godly.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." (2 Peter 1:3-4)

We were created to bring glory to God:

Romans 11:36 (NKJV)
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NKJV)
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Asking God for death is asking God to cut short His plans for you to bring all glory to Himself.

Where there is life, there is hope!

"Anyone who is among the living has hope." (Ecclesiastes 9:4)

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." (Hebrews 6:19)

Meditate on the following: Romans 15:13, Psalm 121:7, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 62, Psalm 68:19, Psalm 147:3, 2 Corinthians 1:3-11, 4:16-18, 7:6, 12:8,9,10, Psalm 43:5, Psalm 22:24, Psalm 119:50, Psalm 34, Psalm 42:5, Psalm 86, Nahum 1:7, Job 29:3, Isaiah 25:8, 30:18,19,20, 40:1, 41:10,13,14, Psalm 69, Psalm 13, Psalm 94:19, Lamentations 3:1-66, Jeremiah 31:13, Psalm 56:3,8, Psalm 59:10, Psalm 54:7

AMR

Amen Brother!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You think the Holy Spirit is the same gift as eternal life?

The Holy Spirit equals eternal life. That's why it's available.

Jesus said that he is the only door to the Father and Paul said those without the Spirit of Christ are not his.

No Spirit, no life, no Father in heaven.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OSAS is rooted in punctiliar notions. A one-time profession of faith and then often leading to a presumed license to sin.

Do you sin without a license? I have never gotten an answer to the question, nor has StP, who asked it first.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Everybody's defending Reformed doctrine. I thought most of the people here were open theists :freak: