ECT Opened graves

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tambora,

Matthew 27:50-53

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Most people do not seem to understand what is actually said there.

When did they supposedly arise? At the death of Jesus.

When did they come out of the graves after they arose? More than three days and nights later????? Matthew 12:40

The answer to your question is neither, those two verses never happened. It is another case of forgery, an early one.

You are correct.

Those verses are insertions.

There is nothing in the Bible to corroborate them.

The verses themselves say somethings ridiculous.

None could be raised from the dead at Christs death.

To have them in raised from the dead and not coming out of their graves until three days later is plain silly.

Why would God draw attention away from Christ?

Where is the record of them in any other account . Surely so many raised from the dead would get a mention somewhere?

LA

elohiym

Both were dead. Both were raised. Why would one be raised in a mortal body and the other in an immortal body? What are the differences between those two types of bodies?

Are you suggesting that the risen body of Jesus stayed mortal until His ascension?
Just wondering.

I'm just wondering, too.

When Jesus referred to his flesh after his resurrection, was that immortal or mortal flesh? I don't believe in immortal flesh so I have to answer "mortal flesh."

Last edited:

elohiym

Lazarus resurrected back to a body of flesh and blood, still subject to death.

John 11:26 "... and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Lazarus probably heard that before and after he took a brief dirt nap.

DAN P

Matthew 27:52-53 KJV
(52) And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
(53) And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.​

Raised from the grave in mortal bodies or celestial bodies?[/QUOTE

Hi , and since 'SLEPT " is in the Perfect tense , they will die again and what an experience they could tell .

If immotal , then you could never die !

dan p

DAN P

Matthew 27:52-53 KJV
(52) And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
(53) And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.​

Raised from the grave in mortal bodies or celestial bodies?

Hi and a good OP , AND HERE IS WHY !

#1 , There bodies were in the GRAVE !

#2 , Where were their SOUL'S ?

#3 It can not be heaven !

#4 , There Soul's were in Abraham's Bosom , that is where !!

#5 , Israel was never promised Heaven , other than the Kingdom of Heaven to be established on earth !!

#6 , It then shows the difference between the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Dispensation and the Grace of God , the MYSTERY !!

DAN P

Jedidiah

So, you want to corroborate what's in the Bible.
So, you look at what's in the Bible for corroboration of what's in the Bible.
And, you can't find corroboration of what's in the Bible of what's in the Bible, so, you...reject what's in the Bible.

You're a flippin' idiot. The both of you.

DAN P

So, you want to corroborate what's in the Bible.
So, you look at what's in the Bible for corroboration of what's in the Bible.
And, you can't find corroboration of what's in the Bible of what's in the Bible, so, you...reject what's in the Bible.

You're a flippin' idiot. The both of you.

Hi , and I see that it is me you are talking about ?

Are you a truth SEEKER or are you just a BLOVIATOR !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

Jedidiah

Hi , and I see that it is me you are talking about ?

Are you a truth SEEKER or are you just a BLOVIATOR !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P
No, Dan, relax. You actually believe the Bible. It's those other two idiots I'm talking about.

DAN P

No, Dan, relax. You actually believe the Bible. It's those other two idiots I'm talking about.

Hi and I apologize , and thanks for clearing it up for me and Tambora brought up a very good point that I did over look !!

More could be said of this verse !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lazarus and others come to mind.

No.

Did you know your topic would invite a couple of crazies?

Anyway, if one can not pass the John 3 test, they are not born of the Spirit.

8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

oatmeal

You are correct.

Those verses are insertions.

There is nothing in the Bible to corroborate them.

The verses themselves say somethings ridiculous.

None could be raised from the dead at Christs death.

To have them in raised from the dead and not coming out of their graves until three days later is plain silly.

Why would God draw attention away from Christ?

Where is the record of them in any other account . Surely so many raised from the dead would get a mention somewhere?

LA

Good points

oatmeal

Did you know your topic would invite a couple of crazies?

Anyway, if one can not pass the John 3 test, they are not born of the Spirit.

8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

So you think that some dead people arose from the dead and then remained there for a minimum of three days and three nights? Matthew 12:40

Why didn't Lazarus remain in the tomb in his graveclothes for another three days and nights?

Why did Jesus call him out?

Where is there another record that dead people simply remained there for at least three days and nights before getting up and moving around?

What weird thing to happen. Why didn't God just have them get up and leave their grave site like all other raisings? Wouldn't that make sense? Why leave them in their graves for another 72 hours?

How about you? You die are buried in a coffin, God decides to raise you and leaves you in your coffin for another 72 hours?

Should I pray to God that you have that experience? Then you can tell all your friends and neighbors

God is love, God is light, God finishes his work

oatmeal

Ohh. I see what I did there. Too subtill.

LA and Oatmeal, are who I'm talking about.

:e4e:

Would you wish that on your wife or mother or children?

Be raised from the dead but can't leave their coffin for another three days and nights?

Do you love your wife and mother and children?

God is love, not horror film writer.